The Oakland Athletics 2013 Season Thread

Lmao at "years." It will not take years. It did not take 8-10 years for Seattle and Tampa Bay to get the teams they fought in court for.

But I'm glad that the nation is going to see what a piece of **** the Giants organization is. No other deserves it more.

It takes 4/5 years to build a ballpark. That why I said 8/10 years. It won't be any time soon. I'll let you continue to hate

So you're projecting at 4+ year case?? And I'm the one hating? Do yourself a favor and check out how long the litigation was between MLB and Tampa Bay and Seattle and tell me how it bodes for a long process for San Jose/the A's.

Not to mention that SJ has already acquired a ready to go EIR AND the land for the ballpark. The only hurdle between SJ and a ballpark is the Giant's cowardly attempt to utilize it's territory rights to force the A's out of the Bay Area. And don't kid yourself, that is their absolute ultimate goal in all of this.

Mark Purdy ‏@MercPurdy 17m
Yes. That's my opinion. "@kfury: @burritojustice @JohnBranchNYT @MercPurdy Is SF trying to kick the As out of the Bay Area completely?"

Well, back to baseball.

Jarrod Parker, way to turn around your season homey. 8 straight quality starts :smokin Just a little while ago everyone was beckoning him to AAA.

A little late but I went to beerfest on Saturday, and is it always that crowded? I couldn't even move in there. It should have been in the parking lot unless they didnt expect so many people.

BNJXmx0CMAAjkfV.jpg:small

More likely, Piccinini suspects the San Francisco Giants ownership had a hand in convincing Selig to make sure the deal never materialized, especially since Selig has called the A’s move from Kansas City to Oakland “a terrible mistake.”

“I can tell you there’s an executive with the Giants, who shall go unnamed,” Piccinini said. “I ran into him at a Warriors game. He said, ‘I hear you’re getting involved with the Padres. We want you in San Diego; we just didn’t want you here.’ ”

Piccinini owns “a little, tiny piece” of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and a “much larger piece, though not substantial” of the Padres. “And those applications sailed right on through,” he said. “So what’s the difference?”

The difference? They weren’t mailed from Oakland.

I hope every person involved with the Giants dies a slow, painful death.

http://www.modbee.com/2010/01/23/1019702/piccinini-reflects-on-as-deal.html

Last edited:
Anyone else think that if the A's play Lowrie at 2nd, they should promote Nakajima to play short to replace Sogard/Rosales? That might be an offensive upgrade, right? o_O

Last edited:
Straily's option leaves some options for us to consider. Unfortunately we have needs both in the rotation and on the field, so I wonder what Billy/Forst is going to decide.

The Rangers just swept the Cards, which I was afraid of. Now we're back in second place and looking vulnerable. Need a strong home-stand against the Cards, Cubs and Reds.

Should be a fun little 2 game series vs the Reds 8)

I remember crying when we got swept in 1990, I was only 6 years old but boy did it hurt!

another nice win, Griffin with the 2 hit complete gem!

Chris Young - 0-4 with 4 K, what a beast

CY will have to figure it out soon. I feel that the stretch run is going to be very competitive with the Rangers.

Any chance we get a 2B at the trade deadline? Someone suggested on a bleacher report article that we get Chase Utley LOL.

Anyone else going to the Coco Lean bobblehead game tmrw? When you leaving for the Coliseum? First 15K!

I went to the game tonight, might go to the game on Sunday too. I wish I could go tomorrow but I have others things to take care of.

Bartolo is such a blessing for our bullpen. To be able to go out there for eight strong innings is very appreciated.

I'm going to the games tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not gonna be able to get a coco lean bobblehead though, I can't get myself to get in line at 8:30am.

Going to the game in the AM. if you have season tickets you can go in I different entrance, so no need to get in line at 8. if someone wants one i may have an extra depending what my girl wants to do with hers. Is anyone going to make it to an outlet for the grapes tomorrow I would definitely be willing to trade a bobblehead and some cash for a pair of sz12's

Back
Top Bottom