The Official 2008 Chicago Bulls Off Season Thread: BG Signs 1 Year Deal; No one cares; BASEBALL FTW

I haven't heard a word on BG. No one's made an offer on him yet. Bulls have right to match, or else get compensated. We're not gonna wake up oneday and hear that he's gone. It's gonna take time, regardless of what happens.

Rose is wearing number one guys.......c'mon ya'll should know this by now.
Basically what kind of fans are these? Even if they not fans you can find out by checking the site.

Rose feels at home in 1st Bulls practice
The Associated Press
9:25 PM CDT, July 3, 2008

DEERFIELD - Derrick Rose had a lot of questions, but the NBA's overall No. 1 draft pick said otherwise he felt right at home following his first practice with the Bulls on Thursday.

"I asked a lot of them, I lost count," the 19-year-old guard said following a two-hour practice at the Bulls' suburban training facility. "(But) I felt very comfortable out there. I can't wait to get down to Orlando and start playing."

The 6-foot 3-inch rookie was among 17 players at a four-day Bulls minicamp held before next week's Orlando Pro Summer League in Florida.

"His quickness, his athleticism is impressive," said Chicago coach Vinnie Del Negro. "And he'll get better every day as he becomes more comfortable. I'm not really worried about Derrick. It's just a matter of time."

Rose played a single college season at Memphis and led the Tigers to this year's NCAA Division I title game before falling to Kansas. He scored 16 points and collected six rebound and eight assists against the Jayhawks and landed on the NCAA Final Four all tourney team.

A Chicago native, Rose also led Simeon Career Academy to back-to-back state high school championships in his final two years.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...errick-rose-chicago-bulls-nba,1,5686620.story

If deng plays like he has the talent to play then its no question deng over gordon. im not sure if Deng has "IT" to put it all togther. gordon is theonly person on this team that can create his own shot, he has the tools to be a GOOD defender he just plays lazy D. the work ethic he has to keep in shape andto get better on offense he needs that for D.

its all effort in gordons D cause when he guards people his size he plays lazy. he is quick enough to stay infront of people but no effort

Either way, Ben wants to get paid and unfortunately for him the only GM that would give him the kind of money he is looking for no longer works for the Knicksword to Jamal Crawford

I can see the Bulls lining this team up to be competitive this year and down the road but with the opportunity to land a big FA in 2010. If that is the planexpect to see Hinrch and Noc gone. Hughes stay. BG walk and Deng get re-upped.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I can see the Bulls lining this team up to be competitive this year and down the road but with the opportunity to land a big FA in 2010. If that is the plan expect to see Hinrch and Noc gone. Hughes stay. BG walk and Deng get re-upped.

I agree with this...I honestly would rather have Hughes than BG...Hughes will get after it more on D and BG will never be a consistent starter on this teamat least

As far as the big splash in 2010, big men that will be up include LaMarcus, Tyson, Amare, and Bosh assuming that the Bulls still need a big

But NBA front-office sources insist that there is some sentiment in the Bulls' organization to keep Hinrich -- a favorite of Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf -- and play him at shooting guard alongside Rose while trying to move restricted free agent Ben Gordon in a sign-and-trade to fill another Chicago need. ESPN.com

Sign and trade Gordon

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sore knee sidelines Rose

July 10, 2008
Recommend (
glasses.gif

The Bulls decided Derrick Rose's sore right knee was reason enough to keep the rookie on the bench Wednesday when they beat the host Orlando Magic 86-74 in their third summer-league game.

Rose left the Bulls' victory over Indiana on Tuesday with 7:58 remaining after he ''jammed'' his knee.

''It's fine,'' Rose said after the Pacers game. ''When I made my last layup, I jump-stopped a little bit and I landed a little hard. But I should be all right. I would like to play all the games. They'd have to sit me out.''

The injury isn't considered serious, but Bulls officials wanted to take a conservative approach. JamesOn Curry started in Rose's place Wednesday. Rose might play today against New Jersey.

Brian Hanley

ohwell.gif

i'd like to see hinrich stay too and start at the SG and also be sort of a combo-guard for us. im a huge kirk fan. hinrich is a great defender.. with roseas the new PG.. hinrich could afford to use even more energy on D since he won't be looked at to run the offense on a fulltime basis anymore. when biggerguards start to give kirk trouble on D, we can always throw thabo in there to take care of that.. i think it can all work out. like i said before.. i'dlike to see gordon go out of the "extra" guys. he's a liability on D and he cries too much about not starting.

[h1]Best and worst of Orlando Summer League[/h1]
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Derrick Rose, Bulls

Disappointing, not because Rose is some sort of bust as Chicago message-board doomsayers fear but because his right knee gave out on him after just two games.

The Bulls are stressing that Rose's tendinitis issues aren't serious. They believe some rest and an offseason weightlifting program will cure what ails him.

Possibly of greater concern is the fact that earlier this week Rose confided to Douglas-Roberts, his former University of Memphis teammate, that he was frustrated in Vinny Del Negro's structured offense. At times, he seemed somewhat mechanical and unsure of himself in his two games, turning the ball over eight times and handing out just eight assists.

But Rose is a can't-miss star, and the Bulls know it. The way he explodes off his hesitation dribble and already understands drive-and-kick concepts show that it's just a matter of time before he's an elite NBA point guard.

But Bulls fans had better get ready for some growing pains along the way. Just 19, Rose has some maturing to do. And his jump shot is most definitely a work in progress, as shown by his 29.4 percent field goal shooting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Orlando-Awards-080711

Man people need to stop putting so much stock into these summer league games...when these stories continually come up in November, then we can start worrying.

^^^^ Not sure but I heard the Clips have expressed interest in Deng... that may tie to what you heard.

Does anyone know when this years schedule will be released?

^

The only thing that i've heard is that talks are moving slowly with both. Pax has said that he has made signing both is the highest two objectives for thisoff-season. so the way it sounds these talks are going to drag through the summer and into september and maybe even october

[h2]Bulls and Kings discussing Miller trade[/h2]
07.28.08 | 3 Comments

Brad Miller could be on his way to Chicago for the second time. The Bulls and Kings are having on going trade talks that could send Miller back to Chicago. T he Bulls would like to send Forward Andres Nocioni, a future first roundpick and Forward Cedric Simmons to the Kings for the former All-Star Center. Although the Kings are pushing for the Bulls to replace Simmons with Joakim Noah. The Bulls are interested in making the trade, but it will likely not occur until Ben Gordon and Loul Deng's situations are resolved. The Bulls do notwant to make any moves until they have straitened out both players contract issues. The Bulls feel Miller could give the team some much needed scoring helpdown low. Miller, in 72 games last season, averaged 13.4 points and 9.5 rebounds per game. Miller spent the 2000-2001 season, and part of the 2001-2002season with the Bulls before being traded to the Pacers. More information will be posted as it comes.

he doesn't even score in the post like that...he's another tall jumpshooter really...though it would help clear up the players at the 3 position,it'll just make other positions as crowded...not sure yet how I would feel about this

Back
Top Bottom