*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ The Media making the Lakers aka The Most overrated team in post season history as the clear cut favorites of these finals vs the 66 win Celtics. They are gonna be dead wrong once this series gets finished. I'll make my predictions for game 1 when it's near game time, but i fully expect one team to throughly dominate in this finals, and that team will be the Celtics. You think Paul Pierce is gonna let his team lose against the team he grew up cheering for? KG is hungry and it's about due for him to win a ring, he's gonna play his absolute best on both ends of the floor, and we know how Ray Allen plays when he's matched up against Kobe. He's gonna be extra motivated to destroy him offensively.Cant wait to see the Lakers get their +@+%# handed to them starting Thursday. This could get even uglier than the '04 finals.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Celtics have no answer for this guy.
laugh.gif

SMH at these "classic" videos, all this does is indicate exactly what the stern's wanted from u and the nba from the start of the playoffs

this should be a tighter contest than the lakers/spurs series... celtics play defense better than the spurs and score better than them as well.... so spursreally could have won 2 of those 4 laker wins if manu was not cold as he was and the series might have gone 6 or 7 rather than 5, and spurs did not have homecourt as well. i don;t think lakers will be able to sweep all 3 games in LA.

Laker's are gonna SWEEP THESE BUMS!!!!!

ARIZA!!!
PAU!!!!
LAMAR!!!!
omg...
I shouldnt even have to mention HIM...

You couldn't have thought of a better fourth guy than Ariza?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Laker's are gonna SWEEP THESE BUMS!!!!!

ARIZA!!!
PAU!!!!
LAMAR!!!!
omg...
I shouldnt even have to mention HIM...
You couldn't have thought of a better fourth guy than Ariza?
laugh.gif

ur lucky ira newble aint suiting up son, otherwise it'd be a wrap, we're talking two consecutive finals appearances
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ The Media making the Lakers aka The Most overrated team in post season history as the clear cut favorites of these finals vs the 66 win Celtics. They are gonna be dead wrong once this series gets finished. I'll make my predictions for game 1 when it's near game time, but i fully expect one team to throughly dominate in this finals, and that team will be the Celtics. You think Paul Pierce is gonna let his team lose against the team he grew up cheering for? KG is hungry and it's about due for him to win a ring, he's gonna play his absolute best on both ends of the floor, and we know how Ray Allen plays when he's matched up against Kobe. He's gonna be extra motivated to destroy him offensively.Cant wait to see the Lakers get their +@+%# handed to them starting Thursday. This could get even uglier than the '04 finals.
roll.gif
pimp.gif
Celtics have no answer for this guy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

M-V-P!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Kobe hype has blinded a ton of people. That's all I am going to say, my personal prediction will be kept to myself.

Should be an interesting series, very enthused to watch it.
That's all I am going to say, my personal prediction will be kept to myself.
perfect thing to do on a public messageboard...who is this Commish Stern?

Originally Posted by doyung9

Kobe hype has blinded a ton of people. That's all I am going to say, my personal prediction will be kept to myself.

Should be an interesting series, very enthused to watch it.

hmm... "kobe hype has blinded people.." and that is all you want to say and make it know that you will keep your prediction to yourself...translation, "I don't like Kobe and I want the Celtics to beat LA." Don't try to be righteous and judgmental, if you want to hate; hate andbe proud of it.

Lakers vs. the World! GO LAKERS!

ARIZA THE GAME FREEZA

lets goo!! be prepared to see Paul Pierce get shut down by this cat

i cant wait to see Swaga Vujacic drain another buzzer beating three when they are up comfortbaly

EAT A DIKK BOSTON

Originally Posted by ChirpingCrickets

ARIZA THE GAME FREEZA

lets goo!! be prepared to see Paul Pierce get shut down by this cat

i cant wait to see Swaga Vujacic drain another buzzer beating three when they are up comfortbaly

the hell?
laugh.gif
random nicknames

sorry laker fans...this is already rigged in favor of the celtics...

SO what are the player matchups looking like? Odom on Garnett??? or on Pierce??? I'm concerned becaue Perkins is a big body as well...

At this point, I might take a fixed win. As long as it never comes out that it was fixed...

I'M SO NERVOUS!
laugh.gif

Won the lottery today to win Celtics tix to game one. Game one should be special with all of the legends and stuff.

And the Celtics do play better D than the Spurs.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

92215545ac4666537cffc01230955810a25f3c4.pjpg

pimp.gif

Thursday couldn't get here soon enough.? City is going to be crazy.

Crazy thing is there was no Flagrant at all.. It was deemed a shooting foul and mchale stayed in the game along with rambis and the 15 players that ranon the court.. in todays game that would be suspensions galore

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Won the lottery today to win Celtics tix to game one. Game one should be special with all of the legends and stuff.

Boston allowed 90.3 pts a game. SA allowed 90.6 pts a game. That is the only thing I see right now. SA plays hard D, not saying Boston doesn't; but,they seem very similar to me.

Did anyone try online? It was a joke. :smh

Just curious, for potential 6 and 7 tickets, what was it like at the Box Office? Did a lot of people miss out? About how many would you say showed up?Apparently online isnt gonna work.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Boston allowed 90.3 pts a game. SA allowed 90.6 pts a game. That is the only thing I see right now. SA plays hard D, not saying Boston doesn't; but, they seem very similar to me.

not to mention san antonio has someone who can focus solely on kobe and try to stop him
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

bjm, I tried online for just about every other series with no luck. The line today was pretty long. I would say 2-3,000, but I am awful at estimating. A lot ofpeople went home disappointed. They give everyone a ticket and then pull one ticket from the pool. The ticket they pull is the first one in line and gets to goto the box office first. So, if you were the guy right in front of the winner, you are last in line to go to the box office. Discourages people campingovernight.

It was crazy when we got to go into the place to buy tix. I got interviewed by Comcast Sports Net. Gave a pretty awful interview (didn't react well to thebright lights). I don't know how many tickets they ended up selling because I was one of the first 20 people to get tix. I wish they would release thatinfo before everyone camps out.

And to this character above me (HealthInspecta or something), Bowen literally had cobwebs in between his fingers.

Originally Posted by mavrx

sorry laker fans...this is already rigged in favor of the celtics...
[frank lucas] my man![frank lucas]

on another note, Tony Allen not being able to play in the finals is not a good thing for the celtics. he did great against the lakers this year....includinghaving kobe shoot under 40%

Back
Top Bottom