*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by SCuse7

If Celtics win games 1&2 in Boston and 1 in LA. They will win the finals. If Boston does not win both in Boston I think there going to lose.

Way to go out on a limb there...

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

all I know is that I haven't missed 1 playoff game in almost a decade......
I love sitting courtside and VIP
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I hate you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ The Media making the Lakers aka The Most overrated team in post season history as the clear cut favorites of these finals vs the 66 win Celtics. They are gonna be dead wrong once this series gets finished. I'll make my predictions for game 1 when it's near game time, but i fully expect one team to throughly dominate in this finals, and that team will be the Celtics. You think Paul Pierce is gonna let his team lose against the team he grew up cheering for? KG is hungry and it's about due for him to win a ring, he's gonna play his absolute best on both ends of the floor, and we know how Ray Allen plays when he's matched up against Kobe. He's gonna be extra motivated to destroy him offensively.Cant wait to see the Lakers get their +@+%# handed to them starting Thursday. This could get even uglier than the '04 finals.
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Laker's are gonna SWEEP THESE BUMS!!!!!

ARIZA!!!
PAU!!!!
LAMAR!!!!
omg...
I shouldnt even have to mention HIM...

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ The Media making the Lakers aka The Most overrated team in post season history as the clear cut favorites of these finals vs the 66 win Celtics. They are gonna be dead wrong once this series gets finished. I'll make my predictions for game 1 when it's near game time, but i fully expect one team to throughly dominate in this finals, and that team will be the Celtics. You think Paul Pierce is gonna let his team lose against the team he grew up cheering for? KG is hungry and it's about due for him to win a ring, he's gonna play his absolute best on both ends of the floor, and we know how Ray Allen plays when he's matched up against Kobe. He's gonna be extra motivated to destroy him offensively.Cant wait to see the Lakers get their +@+%# handed to them starting Thursday. This could get even uglier than the '04 finals.

Wait...you predicted the Lakers losing to the Nuggest (strike 1), the Lakers getting back door sweeped against the Jazz (strike 2) and also theLakers losing to the Spurs in back door sweep (strike 3).
Looks like someone needs to stop already before they hurt themselves swinging so hard.

I'll be straight up honest with you guys...

I do not like Kobe Bryant, and I cant stand Sasha Vujacic.

That being said.

Go Celtics

i still think this series will be a CLASSIC and will live up to the hype

celtics in 7

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

purpleRElGN wrote:

bjm5295 wrote:

.basically the only way to pick the celts is to pretty much ignore this entire postseason on both sides
Thats EXACTLY what you have to do. The past doesnt matter in the Finals. You have two completely different teams from opposite conferences
meeting in a 7 games series. How is the past month relevant? They havent played the same teams. They havent had the same matchups. Saying the Lakers are
gonna handle this easy because they played harder opponents is stupid.

You're confused. The regular season is what should be ignored and is what doesn't matter in the Finals. The past month is relevant because it
shows the type of ball the team is playing RIGHT NOW in elimination type play, and the Celtics have put out one of the worst postseason performances of any
Finals contender in recent memory.

normally id agree with bjm but i have a hard time doing so, a lot of people thought that the team that showed up to atlanta wasnt going to show up in
cleveland, yet that was the exact same team we saw, as for the detroit series, i dont know what to say other than detroit was able to steal a game however the
series was underwhelming

- either way, kobe's taking whats his

Probably late, but when did the Lakers jersey have a "Los" on the front?

^
They wore it towards the end of the season.

nochelatina_eblastemail.jpg

Tomorrow is Noche Latina en La Ciudad. We've seen a few teams rock the "Los" in front of their respective name, and the Lakers will be the next. The occasion goes hand in hand with the 7th annual 'Fiesta Lakers' at the L.A. Convention Center.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by SCuse7

If Celtics win games 1&2 in Boston and 1 in LA. They will win the finals. If Boston does not win both in Boston I think there going to lose.

Way to go out on a limb there...
Yea I know

Kobe hype has blinded a ton of people. That's all I am going to say, my personal prediction will be kept to myself.

Should be an interesting series, very enthused to watch it.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
They wore it towards the end of the season.

nochelatina_eblastemail.jpg

Tomorrow is Noche Latina en La Ciudad. We've seen a few teams rock the "Los" in front of their respective name, and the Lakers will be the next. The occasion goes hand in hand with the 7th annual 'Fiesta Lakers' at the L.A. Convention Center.

Anyone know of where I might still be able to find Los Lakers merchandise?

Originally Posted by doyung9

Kobe hype has blinded a ton of people. That's all I am going to say, my personal prediction will be kept to myself.

Should be an interesting series, very enthused to watch it.

Blinded? Well he is the MVP and has had a spectacular postseason so far avg. 32,6,6 adding to the fact that he single-handedly took the heart from thedefending champs in Game 5, I would say the "hype" is more than warranted.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

LAKESHOW FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lakers v Celtics........just doesn't get any better then this.

I am absolutly terrified of this series. I can't even explain it. 04 is still fresh in my mind and I hope like hell this series will turn out the way Iwant it and burn that damn Detroit series outta my brain.
mad.gif
Celticsbelong in this series, they were built for this season and they are legit. There are no accidental teams that win 66 games and make the finals. So there isNO REASON for any Laker fans to try and discredit them.

Lot of great interesting matchups in this series, it should be a classic. In true Laker/Celtic lore, we should be meeting next season in the finals as well. That would be somethin else.
pimp.gif

Everyone can stop with the two regular season games, the Cavs won both reg season games last year vs the Spurs. That didn't work out so well. So letthose games go, these are two different teams now.

That said, let's get it done Lakers. We want 15.
pimp.gif

Now all I gotta do is wait another 4 f***ing days.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom