*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

i admit, i have watched few of the lakers playoff games being that they've been on late here in the east coast, so i have a question: the celtics supposed to have the toughest team defense in the league, if they are able to disrupt the flow of the triangle offence, what do the lakers do to adjust?

Well, during the 4th quarter of game 5 of the Spurs series, the Lakers basically ran a Kobe/Pau Pick-n-Roll the entire time with some Kobe iso, but beside that they've pretty much stuck to the Triangle(I think)

yeah they basically said %#!% the triangle and let kobe do work
laugh.gif

it'll be interesting to see doc rivers and his coaching strategy... coaches play almost as big of a part as the players (look at the past coaches who have won the championship, HOF's), but we all know that players win games
pimp.gif

Ummmm duh, Kobe's not MJ everyone knows that.
Why does that even deserve an article? That has nothing to do with the series anyway.

But, Kobe's only 29.
He still has a legit 7 years in the league.
Nobody can predict the future, but if he wins more titles than MJ...

ok i see how this is..basically the only way to pick the celts is to pretty much ignore this entire postseason on both sides
laugh.gif
i'm out

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Ummmm duh, Kobe's not MJ everyone knows that.
Why does that even deserve an article? That has nothing to do with the series anyway.

But, Kobe's only 29.
He still has a legit 7 years in the league.
Nobody can predict the future, but if he wins more titles than MJ...

bc it showed up in the Boston Herald, although the writer is from the Fort Worth, TX - Star. I'm just presenting of the media hype surrounding thisgame...even in print/online format.

the writer also says that Kobe will take out the Celtics in 6.

trying to get C fans all riled up..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

If I hear or read another MJ/Kobe comparison article I'm going to throw up.

now that Kobe is in the finals, those comparisons are happening again. I'm just saying the media likes to bring this up...

now I know you don't want to read this one either, but this one talks about how MJ's rings look better than Kobe's

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9441055

.basically the only way to pick the celts is to pretty much ignore this entire postseason on both sides
Thats EXACTLY what you have to do. The past doesnt matter in the Finals. You have two completely different teams from opposite conferences meetingin a 7 games series. How is the past month relevant? They havent played the same teams. They havent had the same matchups. Saying the Lakers are gonna handlethis easy because they played harder opponents is stupid.
there is nothing to underestimate, i honestly think the celtics fell off big time... do you guys even remember all they hype during the first half of the season? these guys took the hawks to 7 and almost lost to cavs... in 7... lebron choked(yea can of worms) .. even their detroit series wasnt outstanding...
The Hawks to us to 7 because athletically, they were far superior. The Cavs took us to 7 because, well, I dont know if you've seen LeBronplay...? LeBron choked? Thats the first 40 point choke job i've ever seen then.

After the Hawks series, the Celtics were written off the the Cavs were taking that series easy. Oh wait... After the Cavs series, the Pistons were gonna whipthe road-struggling Celtics into place and go on and beat the Lakers. Oh wait... The stupid predictions have to stop. The only thing that matters about thefinals is how the teams matchup and we wont know that until June 18th.

^ Word, after watching Lebron single handedly take down Detroit last year.

I could not have been the only person thinking the finals were going to be a lot closer?

If you want to look in the past, look how we handled you guys in Staples. I am not saying that means anything, but some of the hate is unwarranted.

I look at it like this.

If Celtics win games 1&2 in Boston and 1 in LA. They will win the finals. If Boston does not win both in Boston I think there going to lose.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by dyyhard

as Byron Scott quoted after his Hornets bowed out - "You don't go from not making the playoffs to winning a championship. It just doesn't work that way. ..." nuff said...

This year will prove that statement wrong

you really think stern will set it up for the celtics to win? if it;s fixed, i would think he'd want the lakers to win, they got the MVP...create another "Jordan-Bulls" type era in the form of the Kobe-Lakers.... but if it is fixed, i would think they would make it go 7 and then have whatever happens happen in Game 7.
I really do. This is probably the last chance the celtics would have to win the title whereas you look at the lakers and having bynum come back, theyhave a chance to be a dynasty...

a little send me off gift for kg and allen. and it renews interest in boston for basketball plus continues interest in the eastern conference considering mostfans think the east is like the nbdl compared.

have you guys not noticed the alternating years of championships the past 4 years between the conferences? especially at the time the east was terribly weak.

i wonder what were the ratings like from the east coast before the detroit pistons won the title in 2004?

like everything in the world the nba is a buisness first...

The media keeps talking MJ/KB because it riles people up, it gets people to pay attention. Call in the shows.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

.basically the only way to pick the celts is to pretty much ignore this entire postseason on both sides
Thats EXACTLY what you have to do. The past doesnt matter in the Finals. You have two completely different teams from opposite conferences meeting in a 7 games series. How is the past month relevant? They havent played the same teams. They havent had the same matchups. Saying the Lakers are gonna handle this easy because they played harder opponents is stupid.

You're confused. The regular season is what should be ignored and is what doesn't matter in the Finals. The past month is relevant because it showsthe type of ball the team is playing RIGHT NOW in elimination type play, and the Celtics have put out one of the worst postseason performances of any Finalscontender in recent memory.

I'm not considering the regular season either. We're down to a first to four, best of seven season between two teams where nothing outside of thisseries matters a lick.

i wonder what were the ratings like from the east coast before the detroit pistons won the title in 2004?
i think the ratings were higher cuz the lakers had a dynasty and people like to watch dynasties.....

i would think ratings have dropped big time the past 5 years cuz detroit and san antonio don't really get anybody excited..... they might have fixed it sothat the heat and the cavs make it into the final the past 2 seasons.... with lebron and wade in hopes of boosting ratings (damn, heat were lucky they playedthe mavs that year....)

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Thats EXACTLY what you have to do. The past doesnt matter in the Finals. You have two completely different teams from opposite conferences meeting in a 7 games series. How is the past month relevant? They havent played the same teams. They havent had the same matchups. Saying the Lakers are gonna handle this easy because they played harder opponents is stupid.

You're confused. The regular season is what should be ignored and is what doesn't matter in the Finals. The past month is relevant because it shows the type of ball the team is playing RIGHT NOW in elimination type play, and the Celtics have put out one of the worst postseason performances of any Finals contender in recent memory.

normally id agree with bjm but i have a hard time doing so, a lot of people thought that the team that showed up to atlanta wasnt going to show up incleveland, yet that was the exact same team we saw, as for the detroit series, i dont know what to say other than detroit was able to steal a game however theseries was underwhelming

- either way, kobe's taking whats his

I hate seeing when people say that this is our only chance to win it. Pierce and KG are the main cogs for us and they will not be dropping off enough for us tostop being contenders. Rondo and Perkins will be another year older. Ray's shot isn't going to just leave him. Look at Reggie Miller. Ray has just runinto two buzzsaw defenses in Cleveland and Detroit. He was fine in the Atlanta series. I honestly expect to see these two teams in the finals next year.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ The Media making the Lakers aka The Most overrated team in post seasonhistory as the clear cut favorites of these finals vs the 66 win Celtics. They are gonna be dead wrong once this series gets finished. I'll make mypredictions for game 1 when it's near game time, but i fully expect one team to throughly dominate in this finals, and that team will be the Celtics. Youthink Paul Pierce is gonna let his team lose against the team he grew up cheering for? KG is hungry and it's about due for him to win a ring, he'sgonna play his absolute best on both ends of the floor, and we know how Ray Allen plays when he's matched up against Kobe. He's gonna be extramotivated to destroy him offensively.Cant wait to see the Lakers get their +@+%# handed to them starting Thursday. This could get even uglier than the '04finals.
roll.gif

all I know is that I haven't missed 1 playoff game in almost a decade......
I love sitting courtside and VIP
smile.gif
laugh.gif

gotta love it, lake show in 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom