*The Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 1 Post ~~ CELTICS vs LAKERS Vol. Stern got his way

The NBA definitely needed this matchup and I am glad to see it. I am rooting for KG as he is my favorite player so hopefully Boston wins it all. It should be agreat series.

its just weak how they are going to hype this series up like its a big rivalry... i mean ya its the celtics n lakers but these arent the same teams who playedeach other back in the day....

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

This is where I miss NBC they would make this look like a storybook type movie it would be soooooooooooooooo epic.

this man knows what he's talkin about.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Kobe beef

After scoring 15 of the Lakers' first 20 points in the preseason opener against Seattle, Kobe Bryant was lit into by Ray Allen. "He's going to be very selfish," the SuperSonics guard said. "He feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, `I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"Can you win a championship? Is his attitude going to allow him to take a back seat and let Lamar Odom shine and let Caron Butler have his nights? If Kobe doesn't see he needs 2 1/2 good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he'll be calling out to [owner] Jerry Buss that `We need some help in here' or `Trade me.' And we'll all be saying, `I told you so.'"
ok Ray you were somewhat right

and
"Can you win a championship?
yes and it's going to be at your expense...

pretty much win i lost all respect for ray allen for been such a %%%*@.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

This is where I miss NBC they would make this look like a storybook type movie it would be soooooooooooooooo epic.
cue the NBA on NBC song
pimp.gif

game 1 - celtics
game 2 - lakers
game 3 - lakers
game 4 - celtics
game 5 - lakers
game 6 - lakers

lets get this
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SFN 155

celtics do, but it's now 2-3-2. i don't know why

cost saving measure for the NBA. more people from the NBA attend the series... they don;t have to fly their people cross country 3-4x

personally, i don;t like it cuz it makes it hard for a team to break momentum.....

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

They should give NBC this finals just for old times sake.

i believe it was CBS televising those finals games in the 80's

The ancient rivalry.........CONTINUES!!!!!

lakersvscelticsgenesisboz0.jpg

And I'm old enough to actually remember this one. Should be interesting....exciting. No 4 game sweep please.

I thought CBS covered the Finals in the 80's.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

game 1 - celtics
game 2 - lakers
game 3 - lakers
game 4 - celtics
game 5 - lakers
game 6 - lakers

lets get this
pimp.gif

That's how i got it.

Go Celtics. Boston in 6.

Wish Boston Garden was still around for this.

Thanks to the Lakers for eliminating the Spurs but now it's back to business (rooting against the Lakers).

The fact that one of my favorite franchises and teams, the Celts, is against LA in the Finals makes it that much more fun.

From Beacon Hill to Back Bay to Cambridge to the South, Boston stand up!!

CELTICS!

Wow....that was quick. This thread is going to balloon to 20 pages before the game even starts
laugh.gif

My preliminary prediction is going to be Celtics in 7. Boston has found their game after being poor on the road early on.
If the Lakers keep playing like they have been though, it could easily be Lakers in 5-6. It's real hard to really say anything right now..

Been waiting for this since I picked up my first basketball.

PP v. KB24
pimp.gif
Cant wait....

BEAT LA has to be the worst slogan/chant in sports, but its so classic too.
laugh.gif

P2 coming back home, Sam I am back in Staples.

this might be Boston's best chance to win the chip, bc next year the starters and bench are going to be a year older.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

i believe it was CBS televising those finals games in the 80's

And you would be right. I still have a tape from one of the games in the '87 Finals. Music and intro was still better than the ABC openings too. Ataricomputer looking graphics.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom