[| -- The Official 2009 9th Annual BET AWARDS Thread: Sunday June 28th 8PM EST -- |]

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

I don't know...there was some hype about some big male pop star to show up and pay a tribute to Michael, well...nothing.

Show was cool though not that bad after having major changes added. YM, wth? Maxwells performance surprised the hell out of me.

And another note, I'm sure MTV will come correct with a tribute to Michael. Not taking away anything away from the people that performed tonight, but I was just expecting an uplifting performance like a Rock With You or something of the sort, I mean they they should have let the crowd vibe and dance to his music and have a good time all the tribute songs were his slow joints, which are still amazing btw, but even while my lazy behind is at home, I wanted to dance and have fun while I was watching with the fam.
true but cant really blame em they had less then a week to put it all together

laugh.gif
why did Jamie Foxx give Monica that look everything she brought her kids up??

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

true but cant really blame em they had less then a week to put it all together
Yea like 3-4 days
laugh.gif
. Exactly why I am not mad at all. Idont know I just.....miss the man
frown.gif
...I just expected people jammin andlaughing to the mans music thats all. We got the slow jams tonight. But its koo, we have all the time in the world to celebrate the right way

Agreed.

Thing is now watching it again some parts they were going clean some dirty like they didn't stick to the script.

As for the "Best I Ever Had" video premiere I was told a few days ago but forgot to post that plans changed MTV wants to premiere the video now orsome****, I'll get exact info in the morning.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

yea i rewatched the YM performance.....hands down the worst performance of the night.....pre awards included
so true
performing one of if the the hottest song out and it didnt seem as if any one was hyped

and does anyone know why drake was sitting the whole time???

besides the fact that if he got up all he would do is flap he arm behind his back

Dude Jay-Z is such a +$$@*... blackballing dudes and sh.. now...

Disgusting if it really did happen, but dude must have some pull to get that done...

I don't know why he just didn't blackball NaS when they was beefing so radio stations would only play his records... oh that's right he tried to dothat too...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Wait.

Who got blackballed?

Millz?
Impossible, to blackball Millz, that would mean Jay would have to blackballl the whole YM, and he damn sure ain't blackballin Wayne...

Nah, they talking about Chris Brown. He was supposed to perform yesterday but it didn't end up happening.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

What type award show doesn't present or name any of the nominees before giving away the award?
i didnt get that either
tarajii p and paula "angel davenport" patton tho........
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

I don't know...there was some hype about some big male pop star to show up and pay a tribute to Michael, well...nothing.

Show was cool though not that bad after having major changes added. YM, wth? Maxwells performance surprised the hell out of me.

And another note, I'm sure MTV will come correct with a tribute to Michael. Not taking away anything away from the people that performed tonight, but I was just expecting an uplifting performance like a Rock With You or something of the sort, I mean they they should have let the crowd vibe and dance to his music and have a good time all the tribute songs were his slow joints, which are still amazing btw, but even while my lazy behind is at home, I wanted to dance and have fun while I was watching with the fam.
Rumor is that Chris Brown was supposed to do the Michael tribute.....Jay Z blackballed him like the punk that he is...

Back
Top Bottom