[| -- The Official 2009 9th Annual BET AWARDS Thread: Sunday June 28th 8PM EST -- |]

The dude who run the bet awards on the radio said that they was extendin the show a extra hour but they will go however long they need to after that so theyaint playin with the MJ stuff. Its gon b serious
pimp.gif
. He also said that heasked everybody thats perfoming to honor MJ in some kind of way. I would like to see a H to da Izzo from jay with the j5 sample in all. And

HOPEFULLY Usher and all the other little MJs will put it down real proper like for da king.

is this live?!?! or taped?!?!?! and Drizzy messed up his ACL ( Source: Drakkardnoir Twitter) The YM performance gonna b subpar now!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Isn't Kanye performing too? I could've sworn I saw him confirmed too.
Thought he was too, even the Commercials and Press Release say Jay but on their Website it doesn't.
smh.gif

The Awards are always LIVE, and Drake is no Kanye performance wise he should be fine he stopped twirling during his performances a while back.
laugh.gif

edit: Saw the new commercial they've added many names including Drake's.

Oh the set that I mentioned earlier will be a CMB/YM Set you should know what songs already.....Drake will be finewith his slight injury.

Jamie Foxx will not fail to impress.
smokin.gif

This is the first time I have been interested in the BET awards since 03...

& The MJ tribute will be beyond on point
pimp.gif

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

The Awards are always LIVE, and Drake is no Kanye performance wise he should be fine he stopped twirling during his performances a while back.
laugh.gif
Its always live on the east coast but tape delayed for everyone on the west
smh.gif

Usher and Justin Timberlake were not going to attend the awards...But after MJ's death they will now be performing...

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

R.I.P.

This is going to be the saddest TV event in a long time.

Originally Posted by DaBossA

Usher and Justin Timberlake were not going to attend the awards...But after MJ's death they will now be performing...

You already know the both of them are going to shut it down.
pimp.gif

It would also be dope if Chris Tucker comes out since him and Michael were really close...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

R.I.P.

It doesnt have to be......I hope jamie doesnt ease up either. We should honor Mike as if he were alive not because hes dead

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

R.I.P.

It doesnt have to be......I hope jamie doesnt ease up either. We should honor Mike as if he were alive not because hes dead
Preach!

Originally Posted by DaBossA

where yall hearing this *+%@ from?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

why are they having it on sunday this time?
Guessing they figured all the other Major Awards also happen on Sundays so why not join in.

exactly why they dont belong on sunday..they forget theyre BET?
roll.gif

i was choppin it up with someone about this yesterday.....the show is def gonna have an extravagant tribute to MJ, the lineup shoould consist of GinuwineNeYo Omarion JT Usher, and it just wont be the same without CB to finish it off!....he's the only "artist" in the game right now that has hismoves down packed like that (07 MVA's).....and this is a perfect chance to redeem himself and get back into the public eye, it just makes since with thetiming and all....it could be his gift and his curse, the gift being he can get from under this dark cloud and show the world he's not a monster...and thecurse being he lost one, if not the most influential figures in his singing/dancing career...

it just makes sense...
smokin.gif

i was choppin it up with someone about this yesterday.....the show is def gonna have an extravagant tribute to MJ, the lineup shoould consist of Ginuwine NeYo Omarion JT Usher, and it just wont be the same without CB to finish it off!....he's the only "artist" in the game right now that has his moves down packed like that (07 MVA's).....and this is a perfect chance to redeem himself and get back into the public eye, it just makes since with the timing and all....it could be his gift and his curse, the gift being he can get from under this dark cloud and show the world he's not a monster...and the curse being he lost one, if not the most influential figures in his singing/dancing career...

it just makes sense

They should include Jason Weaver and Brandon Adams somehow too.

nerd.gif

One of our sources behind the scenes for tomorrow night's BET Awards has just told us that celebs are scrambling to get some tributes together for the late Michael Jackson. Here's what we were told is going down:

Justin Timberlake
will be performing at the awards to pay Tribute. Usher is also rushing back to LA to be part of the show. Beyonce and Ne-Yo have totally revamped their sets to pay tribute. The Dream, Chris Brown, Jay Z, will also pay tribute. An incredible amount of people are trying to get in the show on stage tomorrow night. Old school Motown players will also show up to represent. The show will be at least 30 minutes longer.

Back
Top Bottom