THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

I was about to, and then I realized he was drafted in my league. 
sick.gif

And to top off all my other injuries, now they're reporting Corey Dickerson has plantar fasciitis.  Man this season is not starting out well for me...

I guess I should be happy I'm in 3rd place thus far, but man is that disappointing.

@JohnnyRedStorm  and @dgum  dropping knowledge. 
smokin.gif

So I have the number 2 waiver in a 10-team league. Thinking about using it on Rodon or Russell. 

Pitching I have Sake, Hamels, G Gonzalez, Kazmir, Archer, Salazar and Liriano. Closers are Perkins and Ottavino (Need to drop him).

Then I got Perez, Encarnacion, KInsler, Bryant, A Ramirez, Hamilton, Bruce, Polanco, Donaldson, Hosmer, C Gomez on DL, Utley, Micah Johnson and N Franklin.

The first 2 weeks of the season I wasn't really paying attention because of a new job I started opening day but now I'm ready. Lol.

Hey you know, just trying to help out the NT fam
pimp.gif

I'd personally drop Franklin for Rodon asap.  A-ram wouldn't be a bad choice either but I still have faith.  If he can stay healthy I still think he can right the ship.

Jake Lamb on DL.  Yasmani Tomas time.  Probably worth a grab in any leagues he's available.

Jake Lamb on DL.  Yasmani Tomas time.  Probably worth a grab in any leagues he's available.

Picked up Lamb the other night without really knowing his injury history. Saw he was DL'd today and immediately went to see if Tomas was available. He was and now he's on my squad. Might drop him in favor of Lamb again tho, we'll see :lol: .

Thinking of dropping Werth and picking up Chris Young, thoughts? Or is that rash?

Yeah I was blown when I saw Lamb was injured.  Thought he might be one of the better pickups this year, so I'll definitely have my eye on him when he comes off the DL.  Honestly hoping Tomas can do something with the opportunity as well though.

Analytics prefer Werth.

I'm really thinking I need to cut ties with either him or Big Papi. Again, might be a rash move for either, but I need youth in the Util spot/on my bench.
Young has better numbers right now but I'm still inclined to trust Werth more. I personally own Werth in my keeper league. Just think it's him finding his rhythm in the interim. Young, Idk, maybe biased because of how pathetic he was with the Mets. His numbers are good in the small sample size, but he probably comes back to Earth while Werth hopefully reverts back to his mean. If you think Young is gonna get enough at bats and you really wanna do it go for it, but I'd be inclined to lean with Werth. Who else is available?

Last edited:
Yeah I was blown when I saw Lamb was injured.  Thought he might be one of the better pickups this year, so I'll definitely have my eye on him when he comes off the DL.  Honestly hoping Tomas can do something with the opportunity as well though.

Your thoughts on my Werth/Big Papi dilemma?

Without hesitation, I'm thinking it's about time I cut ties with JJ Hardy. Who knows when and how he'll fair when he returns. Just taking up space on my bench.

Last edited:
I'd stick it out with Werth and Papi right now honestly.  Young has never done anything before that would make me think he'd keep this up.  If we go another week or 2 and he's still hitting like this I'd consider picking him up.  I'd also probably cut ties with Hardy if there's anyone decent on your waivers, especially if he's just wasting a bench spot at the moment.

BK instead of cutting them, try shopping them around, whether together or not. They still have name value and someone will be willing to take the shot. Maybe you can get that younger player that way.

Lucroy was dropped in my league and I have Devon Travis, Addy Russell and Ozuna on my bench. Should I consider dropping one of them for Luc?

Well he's out 4-6 weeks, so I'd put him in a DL slot if you have one available, but other than that I'd hold off for now.  Depends who you're using for catcher though.  I like Travis a lot this year so I'd do anything you can to hold him for now.  Not super high on the other 2 guys, but again I don't think they're worth dropping for someone that will be out for another month unless you can DL him.

I've been reading up more on saber metrics and I'm fooling around with the idea of using them for fantasy purposes. still in the infancy of the idea but will be using this season as a test to see how well it works and i'll let you guys know the results in time. feel like a combination of scouting grades and certain saber metrics translates.

I hope Devon Travis stays productive throughout the season. Jason Kipnis has been a huge letdown so far :smh:

Just dropped Kipnis bc Travis has been too good. Not even worth rostering the way he's been playing.
So disappointed in Kipnis...thought I maybe got a steal when he fell to me in the draft but I'm just sad there's nothing on waivers for me.  Just waiting for Rendon to come back at this point.

In other news I picked up Billy Butler.  Looks like it might be a comeback season the way he's been hitting so far.  Always been a fan personally despite his lack of power for a typical first baseman.

Last edited:
Despaigne to the bullpen due to Ian Kennedy's return tomorrow.

Worth holding onto him or should I let him go? I only picked up him for a spot-start 2 games ago and he's worked out for me those past two.

Back
Top Bottom