THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Greene will still be solid. not worried at all about his performance. got into a tough inning after allowing 2 bunt singles and a bloop to Joe Mauer. he struck out 8 today and only got hurt on a slider that he hung to Trevor Plouffe.

He wasn't going to continue outperforming his xFIP and SIERA for much longer.

He was a prime candidate for regression and it will likely continue as he hadn't given up any HRs before today, stranding runners at an unsustainable pace, and his BABIP is far below league average.

Simon is another guy on that staff due to fall big time. Terrible K/BB at 3.75.

exactly what i said in the podcast i just recorded with my friend. reversion to the mean was expected. i still like him a lot long term as one of your lower starters. with that offense he'll win 15 games.

My pitching tonight 
nthat.gif

Sucks Waino got hurt man. Really loved the staff I had with him in it:

Waino, Sale, Cole, DeGrom, Porcello, Bradley, Greene, Dickey, DeScalafani, Rosenthal, Britton.

With him on the dl I picked up Daniel Norris and dropped Werth for Koehler. Let's see what happens. Still a solid staff but it was juicy with Waino in the mix.

Yeah never want to see a guy like that go down regardless of fantasy, real shame.  Your staff is definitely still good though.  So happy I have Cole in my keeper.

Was able to grab Trumbo and McCann this morning night in my league off waivers.
nthat.gif
  Couldn't believe someone dropped both of them earlier this week.  They're not doing amazing right now, but I was playing Ramos after Yan Gomes got injured and I picked up Jed Lowrie the day he got injured so it's not like I'm losing much.

Hoping I'm awarded Hechavarria off the waiver tomorrow, dropping Cozart in return.

Last edited:
dropped alcides escobar for hechavaria. need a ss with reyes on the dl and escobar having a concussion.

also am looking to drop daniel norris for jimmy nelson if i get the waiver claim. like norris' upside but i need arms and already have a NA spot occupied by steven matz.

Won that waiver for Hechavarria :smokin .

Hmm that's a tough one.  Ortiz is a notoriously slow starter, so I'd try and hold for now.  I do like Blackmon, but you're sacrificing a lot of RBIs and power for some runs and speed, and I think Fister>Miller as well.  Really depends on the need of your team, but without knowing that I'd prefer the Cuddyer/Ortiz/Fister side.

So that trade.. got veto'd because it would have put my trade partners team over the max. I guess he made moves throughout the week while the trade was still being finalized and that messed things up?

In either case, he just proposed the trade again. Think I should go though with it or now hold off after this second change to evaluate? :lol: Thinking of holding onto at least Ortiz.

Last edited:
Won that waiver for Hechavarria
smokin.gif
So that trade.. got veto'd because it would have put my trade partners team over the max. I guess he made moves throughout the week while the trade was still being finalized and that messed things up?

In either case, he just proposed the trade again. Think I should go though with it or now hold off after this second change to evaluate?
laugh.gif
Thinking of holding onto at least Ortiz.
I'd still hold off honestly.  You're still giving up the best player (in my opinion, Ortiz) which I'm never a fan of.  I would only do it if you personally can't not have Blackmon on your team and you really need more runs/SBs.

A little worried about McCutchen. Yes its early, but he still has this lingering leg injury bugging him :nerd:

Jason Kipnis fantasy value?
Yep. However, there's so many actually valuable 2B's out there. So far so good with Devon Travis. And D.J. LeMahieu is probably available in a lot of leagues. He's been a machine with RISP. He's been hitting low in the lineup, which hurts a bit, but he's been so damn clutch in a lineup I think is the most underrated in baseball. 

Yep. However, there's so many actually valuable 2B's out there. So far so good with Devon Travis. And D.J. LeMahieu is probably available in a lot of leagues. He's been a machine with RISP. He's been hitting low in the lineup, which hurts a bit, but he's been so damn clutch in a lineup I think is the most underrated in baseball. 
Unfortunately I think I gave Kipnis a little too long of a leash earlier in the season and didnt make any moves pretty much all of the good/decent 2B are gone.  I think the best one's available in my league (at least that I'd grab) are Chris Owings or Brandon Phillips.  Neither of which I'd particularly want at the moment though. 

I have Rendon coming back (hopefully) soon so I'll probably just plug him in there unless this is the start of a hot streak for Kipnis.  I haven't watched him personally but I've been hearing that he's actually been hitting the ball well and just been getting somewhat unlucky.  Not sure if that's true but it's always nice to hear.
happy.gif

Last edited:
Too many knee problems for McCutchen this spring so I don't see him running enough this season.  Even without the speed he's still a ~20 HR guy with a great average, but I don't see him stealing enough to make him worth the draft day price most people paid.

I think I'd take Gomez for him, but I'm also a little biased as I've had Gomez in my keeper ever since his breakout year and he's been great.
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom