The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
top 10 TEs in receiving yards last year and then the round they were drafted in:

kelce: 5th
darren waller: 6th
george kettle: 5th
ertz: 2nd
mark andrews: 3rd
austin hooper: 3rd
tyler higbee: 4th
jared cook: 3rd
hunter henry: 2nd
dallas goedert: 2nd

Wouldn’t pull the trigger on most of these, always can be an exception.
TE
RB
Guards
Most true MLBs (Mikes, 2 down traditional LBs)

RB, gotta show serious pass catching skills like saquon and CMC did in college along with the running skills.. cook did as well at FSU, but he had the injury concerns and i think there was off the field stuff

guards i can see it, but it's rare.. just cause those guys can come in right away (look at quenton nelson and zack martin for example)

with MIKES, it depends now on those guys being able to be legit 3 down guys.. so that means they gotta be able to run and cover (like queen this draft)

I'd put WR on that list too

I'm taking the best Guard over those other positions any day

nah.. with what even slot guys get paid, you're getting a WR on a bargain if you draft em in the 1st until that 5th year (if you choose to pick it up)

RB, gotta show serious pass catching skills like saquon and CMC did in college along with the running skills.. cook did as well at FSU, but he had the injury concerns and i think there was off the field stuff

guards i can see it, but it's rare.. just cause those guys can come in right away (look at quenton nelson and zack martin for example)

with MIKES, it depends now on those guys being able to be legit 3 down guys.. so that means they gotta be able to run and cover (like queen this draft)

Look at the teams both of those guys are on. Should they be? NOPE.

Those teams have no business drafting either guy with how bad they are.

Perfect example with Queen, IF he goes he is going to a team in the 20s. Maybe 25s and later... those are successful and built teams. That’s a good spot for these types of players to start being pulled and that’s only with the plan to exercise the 5th year. Not too 10.

Look at the teams both of those guys are on. Should they be? NOPE.

Those teams have no business drafting either guy with how bad they are.

Perfect example with Queen, IF he goes he is going to a team in the 20s. Maybe 25s and later... those are successful and built teams. That’s a good spot for these types of players to start being pulled and that’s only with the plan to exercise the 5th year. Not too 10.

i'm with you.. even within the top 10, i think there are only certain guys who are exemptions that should be in there

like i only think certain WRs should go top 10, i dont think any of the main 3 this draft should be top 10 guys.. whereas calvin johnson obviously deserves to be in there or like fitz, guys with size and clear obvious skill and speed

barkley i get why he went top 10.. but CMC shouldnt have gone top 10

I get why Barkley did, he shouldn’t have gone to the Giants.

Giants should have found someone who loved Barkley and gotten value for him, added more started and bulk to the team so that the next Barkley comes they can actually open run lanes and have a decent defense.

I get why Barkley did, he shouldn’t have gone to the Giants.

Giants should have found someone who loved Barkley and gotten value for him, added more started and bulk to the team so that the next Barkley comes they can actually open run lanes and have a decent defense.

No.

You don’t pass on Barkley. No matter what. He was destined. You wanna take a chance on some other picks?

No.

You don’t pass on Barkley. No matter what. He was destined. You wanna take a chance on some other picks?

for the giants, yes you do

the giants should have traded down to whoever wanted a QB since they clearly werent invested in any of em and taken whatever notra dame oline guy got to them

i get why the cowboys took zeke because of the situation for romo at the time.. but still their board should have been between 2 guys after the QBs: bosa and/or ramsay.. you take who is there

giants needed the picks AND to develop some semblance of an oline for whoever comes along

as an eagles fan, i'm glad they been stupid.. as a fan of barkley, i feel for dude because of the bad situation

for the giants, yes you do

the giants should have traded down to whoever wanted a QB since they clearly werent invested in any of em and taken whatever notra dame oline guy got to them

i get why the cowboys took zeke because of the situation for romo at the time.. but still their board should have been between 2 guys after the QBs: bosa and/or ramsay.. you take who is there

giants needed the picks AND to develop some semblance of an oline for whoever comes along

as an eagles fan, i'm glad they been stupid.. as a fan of barkley, i feel for dude because of the bad situation

you could pass up on a true potential HOF if you want.I wouldn’t....I don’t think I heard anyone said they would trade that pick. You take Saquon and sleep well at night and hope for the rest to fall in line. If you saw how he beasted with that weak OLine then you know what he can do with a good one.

So many flops have happened in the draft why even risk it.

you could pass up on a true potential HOF if you want.I wouldn’t....I don’t think I heard anyone said they would trade that pick. You take Saquon and sleep well at night and hope for the rest to fall in line. If you saw how he beasted with that weak OLine then you know what he can do with a good one.

So many flops have happened in the draft why even risk it.

gettlemen didnt even try and see what he could get from a team wanting to trade up for a QB

have you seen how good the notra dame oline guys have been?

no.. we're talking about the giants who have won 5 and 4 games the last 2 seasons

yea, who‘s lack of defense cost them the majority of those games as well. I mean, saquon‘s first year there they lost 7 or so games where they had the lead going into or late in the 4th. They lost those games by one score. That one pick wasn’t going to shore up that defense (which our defensive scheme and coordinator both sucked). And last year the giants gave the reigns to a rookie QB. Were we to expect they‘d take off and excel right away?

yea, who‘s lack of defense cost them the majority of those games as well. I mean, saquon‘s first year there they lost 7 or so games where they had the lead going into or late in the 4th. They lost those games by one score. That one pick wasn’t going to shore up that defense (which our defensive scheme and coordinator both sucked). And last year the giants gave the reigns to a rookie QB. Were we to expect they‘d take off and excel right away?

But thats the thing....why waste Barkley's first two seasons like that?

Which player(s) on the Giants roster has benefited from Saquon being there?

i didnt say 1 pick.. i said the giants should trade down AND then take the guy at one of the many position they needed

which means the giants could have had their own pick and probably the jets future 1st and whatever else they got in the trade

like this year, if some team wants to move up for tua or oregon dude.. if i'm washington or the lions, i'm definitely listening

especially if it's the dolphins or chargers, assuming they dont like the QBs.. then you might lose out on chase young, but you could still get simmons plus that future 1st and whatever else

when QBs are involved you can always get at least a future 1st.. even when chiefs and texans each moved up, they gave up future 1sts

They got future firsts because of how far they moved up as well. A lot of these trade projections that have been made by analysts and what not, have not involved future first because of how close in proximity those picks are to each other.

They got future firsts because of how far they moved up as well. A lot of these trade projections that have been made by analysts and what not, have not involved future first because of how close in proximity those picks are to each other.

not really.. teams move into the 10-20 range all the time without having to use a future 1st

eagles moved from 8 to 2 and had to use a future 1st along with other picks

if a QB is there and youre not invested, move back and take the picks

hell if you're aware that a team loves someone, move back.. see the vikings and browns whenever trent richardson was drafted

when there wasnt a QB at the top of the draft, dolphins were able to move from 12 to 3 with just their 2nd round pick that year

The Chiefs moved up 15 picks and the Texans moved up 13 picks that draft. Yea they were going to have to give up a future 1st.

The Chiefs moved up 15 picks and the Texans moved up 13 picks that draft. Yea they were going to have to give up a future 1st.

just last year, the steelers moved from 20 to 10

they traded 20, their 2nd and a 2020 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom