The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
tracking the nfl draft order when this goes into effect:

giphy.gif

hope you're ready C CP1708 :lol:

I mean, Mitch was nice that year in college too lol
Nice enough to be the top QB prospect that year?

I get why Lamar fell a bit with the amount of dumb takes coming from respected scouts about his pro prospects but Deshaun was coming off a decorated career at Clemson and arguably his best game against St Nick's guys when it mattered most.

Don't know how a solid year at UNC put him ahead of a perenniel heisman candidate and winner in Deshaun.

Not even going off hindsight cause I thought he was the best QB prospect heading into the draft, at least on paper.

Nice enough to be the top QB prospect that year?

I get why Lamar fell a bit with the amount of dumb takes coming from respected scouts about his pro prospects but Deshaun was coming off a decorated career at Clemson and arguably his best game against St Nick's guys when it mattered most.

Don't know how a solid year at UNC put him ahead of a perenniel heisman candidate and winner in Deshaun.

Not even going off hindsight cause I thought he was the best QB prospect heading into the draft.
If Lamar went to another team he would be struggling too.

If Lamar went to another team he would be struggling too.
Yea he couldn't have landed in a better place than a stable franchise like Baltimore. I got why he was picked where he was, just thought Deshaun ticked more boxes than Mitch at the time.

A little funny though that the best guy from that class ended up being the one damn near no one had high expectations of only to end up with a chip and MVP in 2 years starting :lol: :sick:

Shows much of a crapshoot the whole thing is

Trubisky was on pace to break the NCAA record for completion %. At UNC he was running the spread and looked like a dual threat QB. Would I say he was better than Deshaun? No.

The Lamar criticism at the time was valid. He’s always been an amazing athlete but he had pretty average accuracy back at Louisville. There was no way he was going to be drafted over Mitch and Deshaun.

Mahomes was always the wildcard. Nobody even watched him play besides Big12 fans and die hard CFB fans. You heard about what he was doing on a weekly basis but Texas Tech wasn’t exactly getting the most coverage because the team wasn’t great. I remember before the combine how a lot of scouts had him touted as a 2nd rounder. I remember reading how the steelers should take him in the 2nd round. A lot of people thought he was a reach at 10.

With all that said, hindsight is always 20/20. Trubisky was always going to be one of the top 2 QB’s taken due to the nature of how QB’s are evaluated.

Trubisky was definitely a heisman candidate that year as well. But the hurricane game against Virginia tech messed all of that up lol

I knew Lamar was gonna be special when I went to see him play UVA at UVA during his Heisman season. People were saying he couldn't throw and he threw a beautiful NFL type ball to his receiver for the game winning TD. So dope to see the dude ball in person that season. Its crazy that its been 4 years. Time flies.

Everyone thumping their chest with revisionist history ****. Most ya'll don't even watch college football. :lol:

Who's thumping heir chests? Damn near certain the Bears were getting roasted in here on draft night when they traded up and made the pick :lol:

No revisionist ****, was just a bigger fan of Deshaun coming out but I get why he was getting rated so highly after his strong junior year like space mentioned.

Who's thumping heir chests? Damn near certain the Bears were getting roasted in here on draft night when they traded up and made the pick :lol:

No revisionist ****, was just a bigger fan of Deshaun coming out but I get why he was getting rated so highly after his strong junior year like space mentioned.

Yea they were getting roasted but I think it had to do with them trading up one (1) spot to draft a QB that the 49ers weren’t gonna take. If I’m not mistaken they already had Jimmy at that point. They gave up hella draft capital to get Mitch. I still think he can be a good QB. His numbers aren’t horrible. I just don’t think that Naggy’s system is that great. He was getting touted as a ‘genius’ after Mitch’s 2nd season lol.

Nobody has ever said Lamar can’t throw. The question has always been about his accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom