THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

Defense needs to wrap up their tackles. hard for me get a sense of how the team will play from pre season but hopefully its a good year

I would let Romo and Zeke go 2 series then let Dak and Morris finish the 1st half ....then have Showers and Jackson finish the game.

Why would anybody have not liked the Morris signing?

They paid him very little to be the second back... It's well worth it and he's gonna be damn good in this system.

Can't say it enough how impressed I am I'm Dak, just really poised out there. His footwork in the pocket is probably his most impressive trait to me. It shows savvy and an understanding beyond his years...

Defense looked good. Wilcox getting done in as usual, but I saw some promise from Crawford and I really liked what Byron Jones was doing.

Dez byke.

Special teams is balling!! I know it's preseason, but it's such a sharp contrast from last year's special team efforts that it must be brought up.

Maaaaan I cannot wait for the giants game!!!

How long do you guys think romo is going to continue to play asuming no major injuries ?

I hope we hold on to dak long enough and give him enough experiance to take over in 2-3 years. The team will be very different in that time.

Romo has 2 dominant years at best in front of him. It would be amazing to see him go beyond that, but I just dont see that happening.

Im just glad it looks like we have a solid backup at the moment in Dak.

Glad to hear dak is doing good. I dont watch preseason football but we need a replacement for romo obviously. He has two more years best case scenario if he stays healthy IMO with all the injuries he has had and considering his age.

Last edited:
How long do you guys think romo is going to continue to play asuming no major injuries ?

I hope we hold on to dak long enough and give him enough experiance to take over in 2-3 years. The team will be very different in that time.
Romo is one Sack away from hanging his cleats up. Dak will have his time to shine soon.

I'm ready to see Dak start now. Romo physically didn't have it anymore even before he got hurt.

All Romo has earned is a big contract. He hasn't earned the right to keep his starting job until he decides to retire.

Romo will probably be hurt by week 2 anyways so we won't be waiting long before Dak is starting.

I love what Dak is doin and I'm very excited to have a capable backup if Romo gets hurt, but y'all need to tap those brakes if you think Dak is ready to start over Romo after only 2 preseason games.

Remember Dak is only seeing vanilla defenses right now, lets see how good his foot work really is once its regular season and he's up against exotic blitzes and schemes.

Mo and Byron Jones looks good so far, oh and that DT that came from Philly is the real deal.

Last edited:
I'm ready to see Dak start now. Romo physically didn't have it anymore even before he got hurt.

All Romo has earned is a big contract. He hasn't earned the right to keep his starting job until he decides to retire.

Romo will probably be hurt by week 2 anyways so we won't be waiting long before Dak is starting.

Clown suggestions.

Clown suggestions.

Right, because Romo has won how many playoff games?

Romo physically isn't the same QB he was even 3 years ago. He can't throw the deep ball anymore.

It's not even worth going back and forth because Romo will get hurt this year and once Dak comes in, that'll be it for Romo's career.

Last edited:

Its funny, people wasn't saying Romo doesnt have it anymore literally a year ago in the 2014-15 season. We were actually Super Bowl favorites going into the 2015 season. Dude been putting in work for 13 years... playing while seriously injured countless times, and putting up serious numbers. You cant tell me Romo hasnt earned or deserves a starting position.

Dak is a looking like a solid backup AT THE MOMENT. We will see what he does if/when Romo goes down. Then I'll get behind him...

Last edited:

got to be one of the most negative cowboy fans i know. did you miss what he did 2 seasons ago? so he was breaking down then?

i dont agree with jerry when he says romo can play his contract out, romo has 1 year and max 2 years left. if we win a SB this year i think he walks away. 

That was 2 seasons ago and it's a big difference when you are over 35 yrs old. Peyton Mawning could still play 2 years ago.

If you all agree he has 2 seasons left at the most, you can decide to get rid of him a little early or you can wait until he really can't play anymore to get rid of him, and end up tanking a season.

This isn't replacing HOF Troy Aikman or Emmitt Smith who had earned the right to play until they decided they didn't want to play anymore.

not to mention that two years ago was what i consider his best season ever buts thats a long time ago in nfl years.

. i think we all have a reason to be skeptical. remember how hard it was when aikman was done to find a  decent qb. quincy carter, chad hutchinson , vinny t , bledsoe. 

i agree though until romo goes down or stinks it up with his play we should stick with him. 

Last edited:
Dude... The guy legitimately is the best QB this team has ever had aside from maybe Staubach...

How many playoff games has he won? :lol: It's his fault they've had a ****** defense and no run game the majority of the time he's been here? Really? G T F O

not to mention that two years ago was what i consider his best season ever buts thats a long time ago in nfl years.
. i think we all have a reason to be skeptical. remember how hard it was when aikman was done to find a  decent qb. quincy carter, chad hutchinson , vinny t , bledsoe. 

i agree though until romo goes down or stinks it up with his play we should stick with him. 

They also didn't try to address the QB position in the draft. Look at how our division rivals used picks on QB's. Andy Reid drafted Donovan McNabb, they drafted Nick Files, Carson Wentz. The Skins drafted RG3 and the guy that's starting now. Giants drafted Eli.

Dallas tried to pick up old guys like Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Henson. Guys that never had a chance of being "the guy".

Back
Top Bottom