THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

anyone concerned with the fact that Dak doesn't have a lot of zip on the ball.

I feel like he lofts some of his passes and they are in the air for a long time
I seen the Cowboys run a successful offense with Quicy Carter lobing balls all over the place. The fact that Prescott can move around in the pocket will help. He shouldn't have to make a lot of tread the needle passes because he will be able to buy more time like Russell Wilson.

Last edited:
anyone concerned with the fact that Dak doesn't have a lot of zip on the ball?

I feel like he lofts some of his passes and they are in the air for a long time

I know what you mean. I think he just chooses when to zip the passes and when to loft them.

I think he has enough arm strength if he can throw it 60+ yards

Smh sucks it had to be like this but This was expected tho . dude is old and glass now. Was easy by realistic fans to see dude wasnt going to last long. We got to look for something else now. Romo was appreciated, sucks we couldn't help him get a ring.

Last edited:
This is rough. Wish dak had a year under his belt...gotta make it happen tho.

Get well soon Romo.

Still think the Cowboys did the right thing by waiting until this year to draft a QB to take over.

2009- We took Stephen McGee in the 4th.. He stunk (Also did not have a 1st to take say Freeman). Didn't miss out on anybody of note.

2010- Wanted John Kitna who was old, but a decent backup to lead a playoff team if needed, he couldn't. (Took Dez.. Only missed out on Jimmy Clausen & Colt McCoy.. Made right choice)

2011- Took Tyron Smith #9.. Passed on Gabbert, Ponder... Made right choice... Dalton & Kaepernick were both gone by the time we came up in 2nd. Took Bruce Carter, bad pick missed out on Ryan Mallet only. Not sure we made the wrong choice of Carter & Mallet.

2012- Here's the year we could have took a QB, and only look bad not doing so because Mo Claiborne has been a bust. But at the time, he was a stud, and looked like a can't miss.
Osweiler, R. Wilson but we would have had to take them in the 2nd, we didn't have because of Mo.
Foles & Cousins is who we missed out on by taking Tyrone Crawford in the 3rd. Maybe Cousins would have been better, MAYBE, but Foles? Nah I'm fine with Crawford.

We take Weeden on after 2 years, who washed out with Browns, old rookie, but was drafted in 2012
Also tried Kellen Moore who went undrafted in 2012. Okay, but not good enough.

2013- A horrible year for QBs. EJ Manuel best QB there, gone well before our pick. We took Frederick, only lost out on Geno Smith

2014 - Thank god we didn't waste a 1st on Manziel. Zack Martin > Bridgewater. Could have had Derek Carr in the 2nd, but traded a 2nd & 3rd for Lawrence to fix a horrific DLine. Lawrence was a mid-1st round player who dropped due to questions about off the field. Jimmy Garopolo went in the 2nd, and we still have no idea if he's good or not

2015 - Horrific year for QBs after Winston & Marriota

2016 - Tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch, and would have mortgaged a lot for him. Didn't happen, and Dak fell into our laps.

Really 2012 is the only year that I can see that we screwed up not taking a QB, and it was because Mo didn't hit anywhere near his projections. Had he, it wouldn't have looked bad.

Every other year, we made the right draft choices.

NONETHELESS, we should probably think about moving some of the depth we have in the OLine (I.e. Leary) to pick up another draft pick in 2017

Last edited:
Welp. Looks like I was wrong. It is what it is. Let's see how things go.

IDK if I'm overreacting. But this might be the end of the road like boys 2 men for romo. Simply because the injuries are recurring, all seemingly to his back and collar bone...

-------
As for how we will fare with no romo. Well idk. I'll say this. I def think we're better than last year cause Dak and Zeke weren't here last year. However, as good as Dak has looked, it's gonna be growing pains at some point. He's a rookie, it's inevitable.

i think its safe to say romo is done here. appreciated but there is life after football and i dont want to see him get killed. 

2014 - Thank god we didn't waste a 1st on Manziel. Zack Martin > Bridgewater. Could have had Derek Carr in the 2nd, but traded a 2nd & 3rd for Lawrence to fix a horrific DLine. Lawrence was a mid-1st round player who dropped due to questions about off the field. Jimmy Garopolo went in the 2nd, and we still have no idea if he's good or not

i wouldnt go that far. and im not even calling zach a bum. Teddy is a baller. his numbers is lower then most because of the run first offense and avg WR play 

3 days ago I was told I didn't know what I was talking about when I said we need to start Dak week 1.

Yall dudes really believed Romo had at least 2 more good years left. Almost as bad as Jerry Jones saying Romo had another 5 years left.

Betting a football player, a qb at that is gonna get hurt is not really going on a limb dude.

give it a rest.

We need a Veteran QB behind Dak.. Through November.

Looking down the list of Quarterbacks who are still Free Agents.....

Michael Vick is right there.

Would be a pretty good guy for Dak to have around when it comes to being a mobile QB

Last edited:
i wouldnt go that far. and im not even calling zach a bum. Teddy is a baller. his numbers is lower then most because of the run first offense and avg WR play 

I do like Teddy.

But at the time Zack was the better prospect. And came out and was great day 1.

Teddy could and probably would surpass him because a QB has more influence than a Guard by far.

But you can't be upset when you drafted a perennial All Pro Guard.

2012.... Different story. Damn you Mo Claiborne :frown:

Last edited:
3 days ago I was told I didn't know what I was talking about when I said we need to start Dak week 1.

Yall dudes really believed Romo had at least 2 more good years left. Almost as bad as Jerry Jones saying Romo had another 5 years left.

You still don't know what you're talking about.

You said we should start Dak over Romo bc Dak is better than Romo ...but what's actually happening is Dak is starting over Romo bc Romo is injured ....2 totally different things bruh.

We don't know if Romo had 2 good years left, but I do recall us saying that Romo gives us the best chance to win this season.

Back
Top Bottom