THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

Romo

27th in Pass Yards
21st in Pass TDs
3rd in QB Rating
31st in Passing Yard / Game
T-7th in Yards / Pass Attempt
T-4th in Completion %
14th in 4th Quarter Comebacks

This is all-time numbers by the way.

All of this in 10 seasons as a QB.... 2 of those seasons he didn't even play 8 games.

By the way, football is a team sport.. A QB only gives you so much

Last edited:
Thank you for the numbers, dudes are silly. Romo played most of his career with an unstable backfield, O-line and defense. Not to mention Jerry Jones all up in the mix.

Dak has been impressive thus far, but anyone thinking he can takeover for Romo during the regular season and the Cowboys not have a dropoff in production is wylin.

That's the problem, when talking about Romo we got to mention "2 years ago".... 2 back surgeries ago! We not saying he isn't a good QB, its just that he is going to get knocked down a bunch this season and I hope we're not sitting in here saying "man 3 years ago Romo was...."

That's the problem, when talking about Romo we got to mention "2 years ago".... 2 back surgeries ago! We not saying he isn't a good QB, its just that he is going to get knocked down a bunch this season and I hope we're not sitting in here saying "man 3 years ago Romo was...."
exactly. im saying i have no idea why dudes are having faith in him. hes older now and has huge injury issues. even when healthy last year he wasnt lighting it up. not saying he should be benched but the qb position should be a major concern for all cowboys fans right now.  what does him being great and all his past stats have to do with the present. i dont see how its even brought up. Im worried about romo today . i hope he has a great year , but is its a given based on the past . hardly. lets see if he can even stay on the field. 

Last edited:
I mean the past was absolutely brought up with Romo in that discussion. Just check what CGuy was saying...

Romo is arguably the best QB this team has ever had. Spare me the Rings talk. Because there's some All Time Teams behind those rings. Only guy you can make the argument for is Roger Staubach, and even then it is a discussion.

But NONETHELESS, it's a season removed from him being one of the best Quarterbacks in the league. Also playing pretty damn well in those playoffs.

In 2015, he had a solid start in Week 1 versus Giants, 4th Quarter INT aside, he carved up the Giants in the last 2 possessions to win the game. Had a solid game going in Philly before being injured. Had a mediocre game versus the Dolphins, and then was killed by the best Defense in the League and eventual Super Bowl Losers.

Should there be concerns about his injuries? Absolutely

Is there a direction that is better out there, or was better in the Draft or Free Agency than Tony Romo in 2016? Absolutely not.

Wentz & Goff were gone 1-2.

They tried to trade up for Lynch with a 2 & 3.. Which would have been killed. Rightfully so.

Then let Cook & Hackenberg come off the board, and wait for Dak, who is/was as good as both of them. To try to fill other needs

They ended up with the best course of action for this year & the future at QB. I.e. There really wasn't one outside of Dak that wouldn't require contorting yourself, and making a dumb decision.

We can go back to 2015 NFL Draft when outside of Winston & Mariotta, MAYBE only Bryce Petty is the only guy who MAY be an NFL QB... They end up with Dak instead, just a year later.

2014. They made the smart decision to go Zach Martin over Manziel (Zach, who likely goes Top 5 if Redraft happened).. Then traded up for Lawrence with a 2 & 3. MAYBE, just MAYBE they should have taken Derek Carr, but it wouldn't have happened by trading up. He'd have to fall the extra 10 spots to them because had they traded a 2 & 3 for Derek Carr when they were a bad break from being a playoff team, it would have gotten killed.

Sure we can bring up the Patriots, and how they draft QBs. But they also operate under a different paradigm when it comes to personnel. Had we wasted as many picks as the Patriots have with QBs since Tom Brady, people would lose their ****. Granted they hit on Cassel with a 7th. But I counted a 4th in 2002, a 6th in 2003, a 3rd in 2008, a 3rd in 2010... Then took Garoppolo in the 2nd in 2014, and for some reason took Brissett in the 3rd in 2016.

Had Jerry & Stephen done that, you guys would be furious

Last edited:

All this romo love got me in my feels!

I'm glad everybody sees his true value...

As good as Dak has looked I'm praying he doesn't have to see game action this year. Because there's gonna be growing pains..

We're 1 season removed from romo being the top rated passer in the league along with being the most efficient passer while leading the league in ypa...

I'll call last year what it is, bad luck. I see why his age doesn't inspire confidence from some folks, but it's the league. Everybody gets injured, they're all theoretically "one hit away".

I say romo has at least 2 more seasons of his 2014 form. At least...

Its a loooong fall off in production from romo to say a bottom half qb. Just look at the mess that was last Season. All I'ma say is be careful what you wish for, cause the grass ain't always greener.

If it were a regular season game he'd have been right back out there. Relax.

romo really cant take a hit anymore. yeah its minor but i really dont have any faith in him staying healthy this season. i hope he does and im proven wrong but thats what i think. i want the best for the cowboys , im a fan, also a huge  fan of romo but being realistic i dont think he can make it through the season healthy. didnt see the game. i wont watch a second of preseason football. cant wait till the season/ real football starts though,. 

Last edited:
B Betonblck

We get it, you hate Tony Romo..

I took a look back at some of the things you've said for amusement...

-Before the draft, you said trade Romo for a 5th rounder... And use the money to go after a WR.. Which is a pretty pointless thing to have 2 highly paid WRs with nobody good enough to throw it to them.
-You have then said the Cowboys should have addressed the QB position in the draft... Talking about the Eagles, the Racial Slurs, etc. They just did this past year. And even then, YOU tell me the alternative of who they should have drafted, and it would have made sense AT THE TIME.
- You suggested drafting 2 QBs in the draft. One in the first and one in the 4th or 5th.
-You said that we should drop Romo because Kyle Orton will give the same amount of production as Romo that was after the 49ers game in 2014.
- Also said that we should have drafted Manziel, kept Orton and dropped Romo.

All nonsensical.

It's gotta hurt, that all that hate for him still doesn't change the fact he's arguably the best Quarterback this franchise has ever had.

Last edited:
I don't hate Romo, I hate losing. I know that he's not good enough to win in the playoffs.

Passing stats can be misleading. For example, Dak is like 15 for 20 and probably has a great passer rating for the game but really hasn't done anything. He's played well, especially with backups but he really hasn't done much.

Romo is so damn fragile, that wasn't even a hard hit although he landed awkward.

Like Babe Laufenburg said, if Romo can't take a hit like that then he won't be starting for much longer.

Unfortunately we will not go far without Romo. I know they said he could have came back but dude was making faces and holding his back every time the camera panned in his direction.

Last edited:
-Before the draft, you said trade Romo for a 5th rounder... And use the money to go after a WR.. Which is a pretty pointless thing to have 2 highly paid WRs with nobody good enough to throw it to them.
-You have then said the Cowboys should have addressed the QB position in the draft... Talking about the Eagles, the Racial Slurs, etc. They just did this past year. And even then, YOU tell me the alternative of who they should have drafted, and it would have made sense AT THE TIME.
- You suggested drafting 2 QBs in the draft. One in the first and one in the 4th or 5th.
-You said that we should drop Romo because Kyle Orton will give the same amount of production as Romo that was after the 49ers game in 2014.
- Also said that we should have drafted Manziel, kept Orton and dropped Romo.

All nonsensical.

LOL.

Lol. Man a grown man folded him, he's gonna wince and hold his back...

This man has played with broken ribs, and a punctured lung, and still played at a high level. He sure did wince alot that year. And that was with the shot he was getting!!

I'll tell you this. This is gonna be a long season for all y'all wishing for an injury...dudes can't wait to say "I told you so" ...

Lol. Man a grown man folded him, he's gonna wince and hold his back...

This man has played with broken ribs, and a punctured lung, and still played at a high level. He sure did wince alot that year. And that was with the shot he was getting!!

I'll tell you this. This is gonna be a long season for all y'all wishing for an injury...dudes can't wait to say "I told you so" ...

There's only one dude in this thread that want Romo injured, everybody else knows this team goes as far as Romo take them.

The only bright point this year is that if Romo does get hurt again at least Dak looks like a competent QB that can step in and move the ball. 

I was glad Romo got some snaps and hopefully got the "getting hit" out of his system. 

I imagine he will be fine but man it sure did suck seeing him crumble like that on what was a pretty weak hit. 

anyone concerned with the fact that Dak doesn't have a lot of zip on the ball?

I feel like he lofts some of his passes and they are in the air for a long time

Last edited:
There's only one dude in this thread that want Romo injured, everybody else knows this team goes as far as Romo take them.

That is this issue with me. Most NFL teams develop a replacement QB while their star QB is in there prime. Everytime Brady went out the back up came in and picked up the slack. Imagine if GB would have solely relied on Farve to be healthy every season and didn't draft and develop Rodgers? The fact that we go 1-11 without Romo is a weakness.

Don't get why fans think Romo being hurt and Cowboys not winning a game is a good way to show Romo's worth.

I've been screaming for the Cowboys to develop his replacement since he hurt his hand and missed 2 important games in 2008 , the 10 games he missed in 2010, the playoff game he missed in 2013, the injures he hand in 14-15.....

With that injury history the Cowboys always took Chances with back ups that no other teams want or veterans outside their prime.

Prescott is probably the best backup QB the Cowboys has had since Romo was a backup.

Cassel, Weeden, Orton, Kitna, Brad Johnson has played 24 games for the Cowboys since 2008

While Moore and McGee only has 3 starts.

That's 27 games lost over 8 years where we probably had no chance of winning because we had QBs that were cut/benched from other teams the year prior.

Aikman had Garrett, Staubach had Danny white, Romo had ?.

It took 8 years but we are going to be happy once Prescott gets his chance because the last 8 years as a fan has been frustrated to watch "the team goes as Romo goes" Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom