THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

if this is what the next 10 weeks will be, Dak better have a deal immediately when possible.
If this is the next 10 weeks we might be having a conversation about punting Dak and selling our souls to move up for Lawrence.

If only Washington and New York and Phill weren’t so god damned bad.

Just looking at PFF Grades.... We need 8 new starters on defense.

These 3 have been having quality seasons:
DLaw
Aldon Smith
Xavier Woods

the other 8 are really bad. .

What does PFF grade on? Because smith was hot for 3 weeks and the 2 have been mia all year.

If this is the next 10 weeks we might be having a conversation about punting Dak and selling our souls to move up for Lawrence.

If only Washington and New York and Phill weren’t so god damned bad.

Ehh. I don’t think Lawrence will ever be a possibility.

QB is the least of our concerns at this point

O-line is a ****ing wreck and wouldn’t be much better even if healthy

Was never sold on this coaching staff from day one and they proving me right

Defense on a talent level is decent enough but injuries and effort got them looking putrid

Our record wouldn’t be any different rn had Dak played last night

QB is the least of our concerns at this point

O-line is a ****ing wreck and wouldn’t be much better even if healthy

Was never sold on this coaching staff from day one and they proving me right

Defense on a talent level is decent enough but injuries and effort got them looking putrid

Our record wouldn’t be any different rn had Dak played last night
Whole dynamic changes last night if Dak was playing. He extends plays and makes up for the poor offensive line. Dak would have definitely gave them a chance to win.

EB5799AF-E411-4662-9B80-99CB35DA2D0B.jpeg

Every week just shows how good Dak really was/is.

Can’t really get out of DLaw or Jaylon’s contract just yet. But can be a blank slate pretty much every where else on defense. Need to field almost an entire defense.

been saying this for the last 3 years.
Zeke is not a NFL Franchise Back or Dynamic player. When he was a rookie the holes he was running through were so big any NFL back could have put up numbers. Cowboys have a bunch of other issues on the defensive end but putting up 3 points with the highest paid Back in the league🤬

There Are 7 Teams With 1 Or Fewer Wins

Dallas Plays Three Of Them. I Think Lawrence/Fields Is In Play

Not Sure How Anyone Can Look At The Remaining Games On Schedule And Confidently Say This Team Has A Shot To Win.

14 Losses Isn’t Far Fetched If They Don’t Make Huge Changes.

There Are 7 Teams With 1 Or Fewer Wins

Dallas Plays Three Of Them. I Think Lawrence/Fields Is In Play

I really hate the strategy to go QB.
They’ve already had a cheap QB and proven they couldn’t do anything with it. And you’re asking Lawrence to have to come out and be a Top 5ish QB. Even though we suck, the payroll of the team is built to win now, not start over.

With the amount of holes on defense, the team will take another step back next year with Lawrence as QB. And that’s saying a lot for the current team.

That’s year 1.

Pay Dak and if We end up Top 5, trade to the 10 range and try to load up on defense.

I Agree With You That A Better Defense And Picks On That End Improve The Situation Vastly.

I Just Think We Are Closer To Being In The Running Than We Thought For A QB.

I Honestly Don’t Know What They Should Do, Whole Situation Is A Cluster And Heads Should Roll.

Even with the injury situation being what it is now, this thing was a cluster before it even got bit.

At a minimum, Mike Nolan needs to be fired. You don't get to be historically bad on defense and keep your job. Sorry. There's not a ton of talent over there, but it's not WORST DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY bad.

I don't know what to do about Dak. I lean towards this thing is a damn near full rebuild anyways. They're not one draft + FA period away from being a Super Bowl team. They're probably not two offseasons away given the holes that have suddenly opened themselves up along the offensive line as well. So why pay him and lock yourself into whatever his cap crippling number is gonna be?

But I also don't love the idea of drafting a QB at the top of a draft when he do have so many other holes to fill - especially if we anticipate Tyron retirement or - at a minimum - continued injury concern moving forward. Need another guard. Need a center.

They're in a damned tough spot.

Frankly, any big contract we can get out of, we probably need to get out of. Zeke, Amari. Probably early on Tank and Smith. Zach Martin is the only long-term contract guy that should be totally and completely safe.

Even with the injury situation being what it is now, this thing was a cluster before it even got bit.

At a minimum, Mike Nolan needs to be fired. You don't get to be historically bad on defense and keep your job. Sorry. There's not a ton of talent over there, but it's not WORST DEFENSE IN NFL HISTORY bad.

I don't know what to do about Dak. I lean towards this thing is a damn near full rebuild anyways. They're not one draft + FA period away from being a Super Bowl team. They're probably not two offseasons away given the holes that have suddenly opened themselves up along the offensive line as well. So why pay him and lock yourself into whatever his cap crippling number is gonna be?

But I also don't love the idea of drafting a QB at the top of a draft when he do have so many other holes to fill - especially if we anticipate Tyron retirement or - at a minimum - continued injury concern moving forward. Need another guard. Need a center.

They're in a damned tough spot.

Frankly, any big contract we can get out of, we probably need to get out of. Zeke, Amari. Probably early on Tank and Smith. Zach Martin is the only long-term contract guy that should be totally and completely safe.

Agree with all of this. I’m pretty much over the coaching staff. The fact they keep playing some of these guys is what’s killing me. Why is Terrance Steele still playing ? U might as well play Zach Martin for the rest of the year at tackle.

also last night they kept calling dumb trick plays at the wrong time. It’s way to many vets out there making mistakes each game.

The only positive I see right now is Dak finally getting a chance to sit back and watch the game
He's been the starting QB since he hit the NFL
Not paying him would be a huge mistake
F around and let Garrett get him in New York and its over

This coaching staff is so bad it’s unbelievable.

We couldn’t hire Jason Garrett back fast enough.

lord have mercy.

Watching Alex Smith pick us apart with 3 yard passes was very frustrating to watch. That Minnesota game fooled me.

This coaching staff is so bad it’s unbelievable.

lord have mercy.

This is my biggest issue about this year.

even after the game talking about the fake punt was a good call😑😑

The lose was the best thing to happen to us, it doesn’t lead to false hope about winning the division and getting beat down in the playoffs.

a top 3 pick>>> winning the division this year

The Special Teams every week :rofl:

But I’m glad they lost. I don’t want the playoffs, not with this QB and the way this team has played.

See what just happened to Washington. They were the 5th pick, 1 win brought them to the 19th pick.

I would say there needs to be a player added to each level on defense.
Figure out what’s going on with interior OLine.
More Tony Pollard too.

Back
Top Bottom