THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

We should be tanking.

Problem is we’re gonna end up picking behind two teams that want QBs and one (the Bengals) that will take Sewell.

Trading back probably is the play, but the three guys people will probably trade up for will out gone.

That Minnesota win last week is gonna bite us.

This teams draft should be solely focused on getting stronger in the trenches
They don't need any skill players except DB and LB
Entire draft needs to be DL and OL

On the bright side DLaw has been playing better. Gregory has been decent. And they seem intent on keeping Aldon.

I think DLine is right up the middle that’s the problem on the DLine, as it always is .

And on OLine, gotta be smart, I wouldn’t go first round for OLine. Tyron is breaking down, but whenever he is out there, he’s still a difference maker. Probably got another year to see where he goes. Zack and La’el got the injury bug. But pencil them in for next year, and they are tops at their spot. Gotta find new blood at LG or C. And keep some veteran depth, the Joe Looney’s and Cam Flemings’ types.

I say above everything Safety is the biggest need on defense. Too many broken coverages, too many guys beaten deep. Need somebody who can clean up some of the mess.

Last edited:
This teams draft should be solely focused on getting stronger in the trenches
They don't need any skill players except DB and LB
Entire draft needs to be DL and OL
was screaming this last draft then they selected Lamb with the first pick when there was numerous game changing defensive players on the board. If Dallas do get a top ten draft pick it’s no guarantee they select the right person, this dude really was about to draft Manziel over Zack Martin. It took every person in the room to argue with Jerry.

2016 draft we took Zeke when our secondary was the worst in the league and Jalen Ramsey was available 😂

I am at terms with what this franchise is about.

Last edited:
Pollard hands down is the best RB on this roster.
-He blocks the pass rush better than Zeke
-He is a better passing/YAC threat than Zeke
-He is more athletic and explosive than Zeke when hitting the holes

pollard is more explosive and athletic yes. But I’m not sure with him been a every down back for us.

Nope
-Nope
-Nope
-Nope

When healthy Zeke is the second best back in the league right now, and when he gets his QB and offensive line back he'll be back at the top

Thank God we missed the playoffs, 10th pick. Should be 6th but whatever.

So I did a look at PFF grades, which are not the end all be all, but I enjoy looking at them because sometimes guys who look like they played great, had a little less impact than previously thought and vice versa.

So here's what was there for offense:

QB

Dak Prescott (8th overall: 85.2 grade) behind Tannehill and Russell Wilson, ahead of Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan

Andy Dalton (24th overall: 69.6 grade behind Cam Newton)

RB

Ezekiel Elliott (48th overall 65.3 grade)

Tony Pollard (32nd overall 71.9 grade). Pollard beat Zeke as a runner and receiver, but Zeke was significantly better as a blocker

WR

Amari Cooper (36th overall 75.9 grade)

CeeDee Lamb (55th overall 71.6 grade)

Michael Gallup (80th overall 66.3 grade)

*No one in top 50 as blocker on the run

TE

Dalton Schultz (40th overall 63.9 grade) Dalton Schultz about 20th in run block

Blake Bell (41st overall 63.0 grade) Blake ranks about 30th as a receiver. Best pass blocker, way off top 50 in run block.

T

Terence Steele (80th overall 50.3 grade)

Brandon Knight (82nd overall 48.5 grade)

G

Zack Martin (2nd overall 91.3 grade) 11th in pass block, 2nd run block

Connor Williams (13th overall 70.6 grade) 2nd most snaps for guards. 28th in pass block. 18th run block.

Connor McGovern (47th overall 61.7 grade) 44th run block 47th pass block

C

Tyler Biadasz (33rd overall 53.5 grade)

Joe Looney (34th overall 50.7 grade)

Just in summation what I see by watching some of the games, and the stats
1. Some of the offensive issues get solved with Dak instead of Andy. Andy is a capable backup, but he's on the downside of his career. PAY DAK
2. While you give up some physicality with Tony Pollard over Zeke, Pollard deserves some carries every game. I'm sure Zeke does a hell of a lot better with Tyron and La'el healthy, and Zack available every game. Zeke is probably here another 2 seasons, but I don't think there's a chance he makes it to the end of his contract. Or if he does, the Cowboys will restructure soon.
3. No comment on WRs, better QB probably gets you better production. Gallup got hurt by a little bit more focus on CeeDee, but I'm not worried about the WRs.
4. TE a disappointment again, but Jarwin didn't even make it a game. I'd like to see if he plays a well as I think he can.
5. The guard position is set if you can keep Martin healthy and have Williams at LG and McGovern as the backup
6. We absolutely 100% need a solid backup Tackle. The other 31 teams almost averaged 3 guards EACH better than the guys we were playing :lol:
7. I'd like to see Biadasz play another year before saying we need to get a new C.

What we should do
1. Re-sign Dak
2. Sign / Draft a tackle, I would say for depth first. Tyron has 1 more year to try and show health, the cap hit versus what he's owed $8mil cap hit, $14mil salary is a little too much. 2022 is a $5mil cap hit, $15mil salary. Give him one more year, when healthy, he's still elite.
3. See if someone will take Zeke, just to try to open up money. (Trade only, no cutting him).

What will probably happen:
1. We re-sign Dak
2. We look for OLine depth at Tackle and Center
3. Zeke and Tyron probably get another year, maybe 2 to see if they right the ship.
Other than that, I think you can stay put and pencil in the starting 11 (Dak, Zeke, Coop, Lamb, Gallup, Schultz or Jarwin, Smith, Williams, Biadasz, Martin, Collins)

I'll look at defense in the next couple of days, a quick look shows one strength and a bunch of holes

Last edited:
Surprised in Williams grading out that well. Better year than it looked to the naked eye.

Offense is going to be fine. We lost 4 tackles. If you can land an elite young guy, great. Otherwise I wouldn’t over-prioritize it. Same with center and tight end.

We need to Matt Rhule this draft class on defense. Heavy.

I think we’ve got a player in Diggs. I think Donovan Wilson can play a little bit. Like some of what we have on the defensive line... But I don’t know if there’s much to like beyond that.

Thank God we missed the playoffs, 10th pick. Should be 6th but whatever.

So I did a look at PFF grades, which are not the end all be all, but I enjoy looking at them because sometimes guys who look like they played great, had a little less impact than previously thought and vice versa.

Just in summation what I see by watching some of the games, and the stats
1. Some of the offensive issues get solved with Dak instead of Andy. Andy is a capable backup, but he's on the downside of his career. PAY DAK
2. While you give up some physicality with Tony Pollard over Zeke, Pollard deserves some carries every game. I'm sure Zeke does a hell of a lot better with Tyron and La'el healthy, and Zack available every game. Zeke is probably here another 2 seasons, but I don't think there's a chance he makes it to the end of his contract. Or if he does, the Cowboys will restructure soon.
3. No comment on WRs, better QB probably gets you better production. Gallup got hurt by a little bit more focus on CeeDee, but I'm not worried about the WRs.
4. TE a disappointment again, but Jarwin didn't even make it a game. I'd like to see if he plays a well as I think he can.
5. The guard position is set if you can keep Martin healthy and have Williams at LG and McGovern as the backup
6. We absolutely 100% need a solid backup Tackle. The other 31 teams almost averaged 3 guards EACH better than the guys we were playing :lol:
7. I'd like to see Biadasz play another year before saying we need to get a new C.

I'll look at defense in the next couple of days, a quick look shows one strength and a bunch of holes

i dont see TE been a issue at all, jarwin comes back next year and Dalton schultz did just fine this year, he was one of the good points this year

still dont think much of williams at guard was hopping mcgrovern showed more so he can take his spot in the future, we need to draft a tackle in the first couple rounds, tyler biadasz did fine in the time they gave him.

mike nolan and the DL coach where fired yesterday. GOOD

im with dirk, if we drafted defensive guys the whole draft i wouldn't have a problem with it. ESPN has us taken patrick sutain at 10 in the early mocks

I’d draft one tackle somewhere probably. But then wouldn’t touch offense the rest of the way.

The DMN article on 10 potential DC names was an... insanely underwhelming list to say the least.

I’d draft one tackle somewhere probably. But then wouldn’t touch offense the rest of the way.

The DMN article on 10 potential DC names was an... insanely underwhelming list to say the least.

It was damn near all his buddies again

Dan Quinn official...

Not sure how I feel about it, but I'll reserve judgment til we see what happens in the draft and into game action.

Back
Top Bottom