THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most hated the including myself hated the Lillard 4's when we first saw them, now they loving them....

The same will with happen with the Harden 2's.
Anyone that hated the dame 4's when it first leaked had to be looking at the wrong shoe wth.

These on the other hand...tough sell...as the other guy said colorways will make or break the sell of this shoe.

Anyone that hated the dame 4's when it first leaked had to be looking at the wrong shoe wth.

These on the other hand...tough sell...as the other guy said colorways will make or break the sell of this shoe.

Look at the first few replies after the first pics of the 4 is posted.

https://niketalk.com/threads/official-adidas-dame-thread-dame-4-in-stores-now.657129/page-28

Opinions change, when the first leaks of the Harden 1 came out many laughed.

The fact is, the more someone sees a shoe they’ll likely end up liking it.

Look at the first few replies after the first pics of the 4 is posted.

https://niketalk.com/threads/official-adidas-dame-thread-dame-4-in-stores-now.657129/page-28

Opinions change, when the first leaks of the Harden 1 came out many laughed.

The fact is, the more someone sees a shoe they’ll likely end up liking it.
To be fair, they look horrible in pictures and that first colorway is hideous. If they release those as the Harden 2s it's gonna be a sure fire flop, they look damn horrid.

In my defense, when the harden pic leaked it was at an ugly angle and the product wasnt exactly finished either. Meanwhile the dame 4 leaks are exactly the same as they looked when released and sadly many people still call it ugly (sry thats a bit harsh.) And i feel like the community will treat the hardens the same way as the dames. Most will grow on it, many will still dislike them

I still stand by anyone who thought those Dame 4s were ugly was looking st the wrong shoe.

Not to say anyone's opinion is superior to anyone else's but I think some of that was just a dislike of change and some group think. Those Dames were beautiful from jump.

Those Harden 1's on the other hand...yeah the first leak of those was with horrible pics and angles. Wasnt it the triple black color way from like a side shot and it w as untied?

Many, including myself, clowned that leak but ended up wrong.

To be fair, they look horrible in pictures and that first colorway is hideous. If they release those as the Harden 2s it's gonna be a sure fire flop, they look damn horrid.

I hear ya but if you have the Vol 1's you'll probably have at least two pairs of the 2's by this time next year.

In my defense, when the harden pic leaked it was at an ugly angle and the product wasnt exactly finished either. Meanwhile the dame 4 leaks are exactly the same as they looked when released and sadly many people still call it ugly (sry thats a bit harsh.) And i feel like the community will treat the hardens the same way as the dames. Most will grow on it, many will still dislike them

Yeah it will grow on many like many shoes do nowadays. I was definitely disappointed when I saw the Dame 4's. I said I'd get at least one pair just for basketball because I like Dame and his shoes perform well.

I still stand by anyone who thought those Dame 4s were ugly was looking st the wrong shoe.

Not to say anyone's opinion is superior to anyone else's but I think some of that was just a dislike of change and some group think. Those Dames were beautiful from jump.

We all are entitled to our opinions.

Those Harden 1's on the other hand...yeah the first leak of those was with horrible pics and angles. Wasnt it the triple black color way from like a side shot and it w as untied?

Many, including myself, clowned that leak but ended up wrong.

Yeah this was the first leak
The-adidas-JHarden-1-Gets-Leaked-1.png

Examples of reactions.
james_harden_2.png.cf.jpg

I think the 2s look fire. I actually play basketball in basketball sneakers and the 2 things i wouldve changed about the hardens is thicker boost and no toe cap. Check and check.

I think the 2s look fire. I actually play basketball in basketball sneakers and the 2 things i wouldve changed about the hardens is thicker boost and no toe cap. Check and check.

I get them for basketball also and I agree, plus I like the way they look.

I think the Vol. 2s look pretty good except for the stupid Dame 3 lacing. It was ugly on the Dame 3s and it's still ugly on the Vol. 2s. Just feels weird that they're taking a design cue from a lesser shoe.

I don't believe those are the Vol. 2s. More of a Team Harden whenever they do expand the line past the signature models. If it is the Vol. 2, as I've said before, it's a drastic drop from the Vol. 1. as far as casual wear.

There is only one color of the Vol 1s up on adidas US right now. That makes no sense for a shoe that is supposed to be one of their marquee basketball shoes...

I don't believe those are the Vol. 2s. More of a Team Harden whenever they do expand the line past the signature models. If it is the Vol. 2, as I've said before, it's a drastic drop from the Vol. 1. as far as casual wear.

Well good thing it's a performance basketball shoe and now a casual wear shoe lol....pretty sure they already have a harden shoe for casual wear

Dude...Adidas is not going to release a Team Signature Star player shoe with that much boost...some boost? Sure maybe some day it will happen, but you're kidding yourself if you think its gonna be this shoe.

I think its a fair continuation of the vol 1 line. Should be the 1.5 though. Too many queues from other shoes like you said. The recede boost exposure is nice and should be an interesting effect on performance.

Edit* It would be interesting to see bounce in the forefoot and boost in the heel cause the orange colorway has a thick cage in the front patt of the shoe so it kinda looked like part of the midsole

Last edited:
Looks good to me for on court, but not that first colorway.

Thick boost, beefed up mid-foot and heel, flexible forefoot. That outsole though. I wonder how soft the rubber will be.

I think the Vol. 2s look pretty good except for the stupid Dame 3 lacing. It was ugly on the Dame 3s and it's still ugly on the Vol. 2s. Just feels weird that they're taking a design cue from a lesser shoe.

Yea that was probably the worst part about the Dame 3. In addition to not looking that good I'd rather them put the right number of lace holes in the right places than basically making you have to figure it out for yourself. Adidas realizes they have a bit of a weak point when it comes to lockdown/heel slip, but this is not the answer.

I bet the Harden vol. 3 will be perfection :lol:. It's like with the Dames; the 2s were amazing, the 3s improved on some aspects and went backwards in others, the 4s were goldilocks.

Back
Top Bottom