THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally got to play in the Vol 2's. Great basketball shoe, slight heal slippage. Hopefully it goes away.
Shoes are snug, I was worried because the band at the forefoot started hurting, luckily it went away.
Gets a little better after the shoe breaks in, but I never feel like my heel is 100% locked in (compared to most Nike lows)...wish they would have added more cushioning around the Achilles area. Look at how thick Harden's socks are around his ankle area...maybe that's what it takes to get that ultimate lockdown that I'm looking for

Gets a little better after the shoe breaks in, but I never feel like my heel is 100% locked in (compared to most Nike lows)...wish they would have added more cushioning around the Achilles area. Look at how thick Harden's socks are around his ankle area...maybe that's what it takes to get that ultimate lockdown that I'm looking for

You might be onto something regarding the thick socks. Thick socks along with taped ankles makes heel slippage non-existent for him.

I was hoping after breaking them in I'd be locked it, I guess not. Lockdown is better than the Vol 1's plus the laces stayed tied on the 2's.

dude can't go on a 0-22 3pt drought either (0-11 in game 5 which luckily for him CP3 got hot and won the game for them)

he isn't getting to the line and missing 3s (shot 24% 3pointers in the series), he needed to shoot those mid-range or post up and abuse curry

he didn't even stop shooting 3s, finishing that series shooting 6-45 from behind the arc
I feel like he has really gone away from his mid range game, which is what would've been a good way to attack Curry instead of trying to bulldoze his way through him to the rim, only to be met by Draymond and KD providing backup. I understand the Rockets, and most of the NBA, are focused on either 3s or shots at the rim, but that doesn't mean you can't post guys up and take mid range shots, especially if you have the size advantage.

29 6 and 6 against maybe the best
I feel like he has really gone away from his mid range game, which is what would've been a good way to attack Curry instead of trying to bulldoze his way through him to the rim, only to be met by Draymond and KD providing backup. I understand the Rockets, and most of the NBA, are focused on either 3s or shots at the rim, but that doesn't mean you can't post guys up and take mid range shots, especially if you have the size advantage.

Harden ISOing Curry was by far the Rockets best play.

They didn’t do it enough by the numbers.

29 6 and 6 against maybe the best

Harden ISOing Curry was by far the Rockets best play.

They didn’t do it enough by the numbers.
Isos are one of the most physically exhausting plays and can't be relied on consistently. You could see how gassed he got towards the end of games. It's dumb how MDA didn't realize that shooting has a large mental component and stray away from the 3 to the midrange once they started missing 10 or so straight.

Isos are one of the most physically exhausting plays and can't be relied on consistently. You could see how gassed he got towards the end of games. It's dumb how MDA didn't realize that shooting has a large mental component and stray away from the 3 to the midrange once they started missing 10 or so straight.

The Rockets ISO’d all year fatigue didn’t set in because of that.

Every time the Rockets got Curry switched on to Harden they scored a staggering 1.54 PPP they should’ve been used more until GS stopped it which they never did.

Other than CP3 the Rockets have no reliable mid range shooters so why attempt something their not good at?

Every time the Rockets got Curry switched on to Harden they scored a staggering 1.54 PPP they should’ve been used more until GS stopped it which they never did.

Other than CP3 the Rockets have no reliable mid range shooters so why attempt something their not good at?
Stop trying to explain to these guys common sense they think they know and dont. I'm a rockets and harden fan so I'm biased but all this talk of harden being trash in the playoffs is false. Rockets lost game 7 by 9 points with no cp3. Y'all really expect harden on his own to beat 4 all stars? No single player can single handedly beat them not even a prime Michael jordan or Kobe or whoever.

You might be onto something regarding the thick socks. Thick socks along with taped ankles makes heel slippage non-existent for him.

I was hoping after breaking them in I'd be locked it, I guess not. Lockdown is better than the Vol 1's plus the laces stayed tied on the 2's.

only dislike of the Vol. 1s lol. Even double knotting they would come undone.

I didn't notice any heel slippage on my part. But I was also wearing slightly thick socks.

It's not a drastic heel slip like the CLB 2016, but it's slightly noticeable for some. Not a deal breaker by any means...hell, I like them so much I own three pairs of these shoes lol

If you're missing 27 straight, I'd rather you take the open, midrange shot instead of subbing in Ryan Anderson and hoping for a miracle. That sub was basically the turning tide of the game.

You can't compare playoff intensity to regular season games. Iso-ing on Curry and then barreling into Dray/Jordan Bell instead of going for the open shot was just bad adjustments by MDA, especially if the refs weren't going to give Harden his calls.

You can't compare playoff intensity to regular season games. Iso-ing on Curry and then barreling into Dray/Jordan Bell instead of going for the open shot was just bad adjustments by MDA.

I don’t think you understand the efficiency of 1.54 PPP when Harden iso’d curry. So you got it fam.

F5379174-FDDC-423D-B530-B5CD1A052415.png Harden mvp colorways not on the footlocker release calendar anymore? And idk if anyone posted this yet but I found this

I don’t think you understand the efficiency of 1.54 PPP when Harden iso’d curry. So you got it fam.
I don't think you can differentiate advanced stats and the actual product on court, fam. Try hooping one time and you'll see that the mental aspect of the game cant be aggregated by stats.

If you're missing 27 straight, I'd rather you take the open, midrange shot instead of subbing in Ryan Anderson and hoping for a miracle. That sub was basically the turning tide of the game.

factor in the two 3's harden got hacked on and the refs somehow didn't blow the whistle. then factor in the 3 he made that should have been an and 1 that the refs inexplicably called on the floor and wiped out completely. it's not 27 straight anymore and the narrative somewhat changes. also, those 10 points missing become pretty critical in a game they only lost by 9.

factor in the two 3's harden got hacked on and the refs somehow didn't blow the whistle. then factor in the 3 he made that should have been an and 1 that the refs inexplicably called on the floor and wiped out completely. it's not 27 straight anymore and the narrative somewhat changes. also, those 10 points missing become pretty critical in a game they only lost by 9.

But the Rockets also got away with a ton of fouls.. curry was dam near getting man handled almost every play off the ball

Harden did struggle in the playoffs though...he was just never consistently impctful...he'd play MVP level one quarter and then average player on heavy volume level the next.

MVP comes with expectations. I also don't like how he let the team dig themselves that deep of a hole going 0-27 from 3...I don't mean a deep hole as in a deficit to the other team...what I mean is he not only let momentum swing in favor of the Warriors but he also did nothing to stop the bleeding...stopping the bleeding would have been going to the mid range MUCH earlier than 3 mins left in the game...it is absolutely on the superstar to create momentum for his team while breaking the will of the opposing team...Harden did not do that...I hope he learns

But the Rockets also got away with a ton of fouls.. curry was dam near getting man handled almost every play off the ball

off the ball stuff was even both ways if you look at it objectively. it's borderline ridiculous how much stuff they let players get away with off the ball now. sometimes they look like offensive linemen out there just pushing people all across the court lol.

there's absolutely no reason the refs didn't give harden those blatant fouls. then eric gordon drove in and got demolished by 2 warriors at the same time with no call. couldn't get a call inside, couldn't get a call outside. took them out of the game mentally on offense.

meanwhile you've got golden state setting moving screen after moving screen and steph falling down every chance he gets, because he knows he's going to get the call more often than not.

Lol, didn't mean to turn this into a sports discussion. I don't think the loss to GSW is on Harden. My original point was he needs to go back to his mid range, which he used to be very good at and just doesn't utilize anymore, when his 3s aren't falling and he's not getting calls in the lane.

Back
Top Bottom