THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Retail for the Vol. 3 is $140 right? Wasn't feeling the shoe honestly until this on-foot video. B/W CW is looking modestly decent as well.

Hoping Adidas does some special things for it just for support.

Rough translation.

Compared to vol 2:

- he went up half size
- doesn't feel as boosty, but better court feel
- heavier
- lock down not very good, loosens during play and the strap on top doesn't do anything
- containment not very good, the knit stretches too much during cuts
- traction pattern similar to vol 1, not the best but he plays mostly outdoor court
- risk of rolling ankle
Sizing UP on an adidas shoe lol that can’t be right...since these aren’t a must cop, plenty of time to try on in stores and wait on them to hit the sales rack. Vol 2’s still going strong for me...thanks for translating bro

Rough translation.

Compared to vol 2:

- he went up half size
- heavier
- lock down not very good, loosens during play and the strap on top doesn't do anything
- traction pattern similar to vol 1, not the best but he plays mostly outdoor court
- risk of rolling ankle

Thanks for the translation, sounds like they suck.

Rough translation.

Compared to vol 2:

- he went up half size
- heavier
- risk of rolling ankle

Not sounding so great. Looking forward to getting more reviews.

Sizing UP on an adidas shoe lol that can’t be right...since these aren’t a must cop, plenty of time to try on in stores and wait on them to hit the sales rack. Vol 2’s still going strong for me...thanks for translating bro

He actually said they run true to size towards the end of the video, so I'm guessing he half sized down on the vol 2.

Vol 2’s seem heavy in hand, but I don’t notice the weight while playing in them.

Side note: I just happened to be playing in my Cali Dreamin pair tonight, and for the first time the Boost felt kinda mushy instead of the firmness that I’m used to. Has anyone else experienced this?

Vol 2’s seem heavy in hand, but I don’t notice the weight while playing in them.

Side note: I just happened to be playing in my Cali Dreamin pair tonight, and for the first time the Boost felt kinda mushy instead of the firmness that I’m used to. Has anyone else experienced this?

this is true regarding the weight, in hand it's like a brick but once i put it on, it's not so bad afterall, i'm wondering if it has to do with our muscles in our arms being more sensitive to weight than our legs, since our legs has to move the weight of our body on a daily basis, while our arms are never under as much stress as often as our legs?

but others i hoop with had said the same thing about the vol 2 as well.

Dang that initial review of the 3 has me wanting to double up on the 2s especially for the price they're going for now.

Yeah, this pretty much. The V2s felt heavy and looked huge when I first saw them -- especially compared to the V1s -- but now they're my favorite basketball shoe.

Considering it's a 7 year deal, have to wonder the parameters of the pricing. Is Harden possibly doing what Curry did and reinvesting into his own brand?
EDIT: 13 year, my mistake.

Last edited:
Just tripled up
I’ll see your triple and raise you one lol

973C522B-30AF-4BE9-BDCD-DCCB14C0CDE9.jpeg

What can I say, I love this shoe

I almost grabbed the reds but went with the blk/red Pioneer. That gives me the Cali dream, blue, and pioneer, and I may still grab the triple black.

**** think i should pull the trigger on a pair, might still return em in the end if i don't enjoy them but always wanted to try em out, now which colorway hmm

The pioneer is my favorite color after the triple blacks but I was slipping all over the place with those. I hope the traction on the triple black is better.

The pioneer is my favorite color after the triple blacks but I was slipping all over the place with those. I hope the traction on the triple black is better.

Wow you were slipping with white soles? I have yet to have an issue with them. I have 3 pairs and haven't had any traction issues. I have Cali Dreamin, Grey\White, IBAS.

Back
Top Bottom