The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I preordered with a guy from eBay for $235 shipped. He only took 4 preorders because he does not want to get overloaded. Just a bot user I guess. He said he ships directly to me from wherever he gets em, with receipt. Worth a shot for $235. 

And no he's not taking any more orders before y'all start spamming me...
do you recommend ATC services? 
Heck no, now that they have to take your credit card info down to order on foot sites. Trusting ATC services, like giving your credit card to a 14 yr old programmer so you can get shoes LOL

Thats sad so they're essentially saying: we can't sell these shoes so we're hoping you will buy them when you can't get the shoes you actually want

Yep, real sad for Nike.

Do you read what you type?

Suddenly SgtDignam knows more about selling shoes than Nike?

You can;t be serious.

I think they should release maybe 10 pair of Retros a year. Maybe 8 or 9 OG colorways true to form and then maybe either 1 or 2 retro+ cw's. They are just outputting too much garbage.

Yeah there literally hasn't been a single good retro+ GR cw this year. Master 12s were probably the closest but the quality was off.. I've been collecting on and off since 2002 and I can't recall a year with this many bad releases.

the draw will be online thursday. 
if you win, you pick up saturday, no lines. 
online where though? Snkrs? And another question does it just pop up? My bad for the questions never done it for a specific location. Just the draw from nike itself where its the online order charges your account then ships it out to you.

Just thinking out loud but I feel like Nike did the draw so they "sell out" and don't have another OG color sitting at outlets etc. Because technically with the draw once they are gone they are gone. All the pairs are allocated with Nike, whether it be through NDC or in store draw. Which could explain the "low" stock at other retailers so they 100% sell through the stock, and can't send them to outlets etc etc

Just my thoughts

Last edited:
Yep, real sad for Nike.

Do you read what you type?

Suddenly SgtDignam knows more about selling shoes than Nike?

You can;t be serious.

Huh? I was replying to the previous posters theory on Nike using the Banned 1s to sell the XXX1s. IF that is the case then it is sad in my opinion because people aren't feeling the XXX1s like that... I never said I knew more about selling shoes than Nike but way to jump to conclusions, genius.

online where though? Snkrs? And another question does it just pop up? My bad for the questions never done it for a specific location. Just the draw from nike itself where its the online order charges your account then ships it out to you.
Nike stores that do online raffles, you just sign up via link they tweet at 3pm PST this thursday. They've done this numerous of times. 

You sign up via link with your nike account log in and they'll email you if you win or not within a few hours. 

if you win, you pick up your pair on saturday. 

I think they should release maybe 10 pair of Retros a year. Maybe 8 or 9 OG colorways true to form and then maybe either 1 or 2 retro+ cw's. They are just outputting too much garbage.

You don't remember the era 2-3 back when it was two retros a month. I remember the month of June in 2013 when Black Grapes dropped 6/15 and Playoff 8s dropped 6/29

2 releases, one month, a week apart

Simplicity......JB should go back to the basics

You don't remember the era 2-3 back when it was two retros a month. I remember the month of June in 2013 when Black Grapes dropped 6/15 and Playoff 8s dropped 6/29

2 releases, one month, a week apart

Simplicity......JB should go back to the basics
Yep I remember. That was a decent amount, however I think they could even go lower. Maybe 1 every 6 weeks and when they do drop a shoe they can make sure it's a banger.

I'm just here for pizza

HH, PH, Dom or PJ's

Pick ya poison

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud but I feel like Nike did the draw so they "sell out" and don't have another OG color sitting at outlets etc. Because technically with the draw once they are gone they are gone. All the pairs are allocated with Nike, whether it be threw NDC or in store draw. Which could explain the "low" stock at other retailers so they 100% sell through the stock, and can't send them to outlets etc etc

Just my thoughts
Nike doesn't care if retros sit. They've already made their money when orders are placed by their account holders.

Nike planned this.

The remaster thing was a jig (Marketing campaign)

"Banned" (Marketing campaign)

The only one to blame is the consumer.

For the past few years it's been an influx of posers and resellers. Now we see who is who.

In every retro thread this year "JORDANS ARE DEAD"

Well look what happens when you're a poser and now hype is high. (Not referring to you)

I'm sure everyone in this thread has 1 pair of black/red 1s. Why is having the '16 THAT important?

Let these clowns undercut each other and cop at 200-250 without stress next week.

There's dudes on twitter trying to get rid of infant yeezys "NEED GONE NOW" and it's only $130. 

People can't sit on product cause they fake.

Nike stores that do online raffles, you just sign up via link they tweet at 3pm PST this thursday. They've done this numerous of times. 
You sign up via link with your nike account log in and they'll email you if you win or not within a few hours. 

if you win, you pick up your pair on saturday. 
thanks for the quick response repped :nthat:
View media item 2149859

Nike doesn't care if retros sit. They've already made their money when orders are placed by their account holders.

Nike planned this.

For the past few years it's been an influx of posers and resellers. Now we see who is who.

Well look what happens when you're a poser and now hype is high. (Not referring to you)

I'm sure everyone in this thread has 1 pair of black/red 1s. Why is having the '16 THAT important?

Let these clowns undercut each other and cop at 200-250 without stress next week.

There's dudes on twitter trying to get rid of infant yeezys "NEED GONE NOW" and it's only $130. 

Baby Yeezys are already at $130?

What amazes me is how Jordan Brand can release an amazing shoe like this along with all the garbage GR pairs they've been releasing lately.. 2016 was arguably had/has the worst GR retro cw releases in the company's history.

That's Jordan Brand for you though haha

Literally 70-90% of GR retros this year have been garbage.. It's actually kind of sad. At least we got WC4s, Flu Games, Metallic 5s, these Breds and Space Jams though... Probably could have cancelled all the other releases.

I know fam but that doesn't make this "Outlet Retro" era any less depressing-it's sad that 9/10 GR retros are straight garbage. I can't recall an era where pretty much every retro+ cw was bad and uninspired.

Thats sad so they're essentially saying: we can't sell these shoes so we're hoping you will buy them when you can't get the shoes you actually want

all of this is implying Nike has no clue what they are doing genius.

How many times are you going to say sad?

You legit think Nike doesn't get it. Like its a mistake they are releasing crap and mass producing ones people don't really want.

All you guys don't get it. You guys are the ones that buy all the crap (maybe not you personally). Stop trying to understand why Nike doesn't make 1 million pairs. Its all on the master plan, right or wrong to you.

Last edited:

Nike planned this.

Nike gonna Nike. Like taking candy from a baby.

I may have my frustrations with the company, but in reality, they are frickin genius to me.

I don't know how many times I've said well played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom