The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF U GUYS THINK ABOUT IT, OTHER THAN THE OG's IN '85, AND THE FIRST RETROS IN '94 THAT FLOPPED AT RETAIL, THE OG BREDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SOMEWHAT PRODUCED IN LOW QUANTITIES. THINK ABOUT IT...

'01-LIMITED TO 23,645 PAIRS WORLDWIDE (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,GOTTA CHECK THE NUMBER ON MY PAIR.)

'09-AS PART OF THE 60+ PACK ( ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY NOT AN "OG" PAIR.)

'11-BANNED 1's (AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT NIKE OUTLETS IN LIMITED QUANTITIES.)

'13- OG 1's- (A LIMITED RELEASE DURING HOLIDAY SEASON, GENERALLY WHEN RELEASES ARE HUGELY MASS PRODUCED.)

I GUESS MIKE JUST LIKES TO KEEP A CERTAIN MYSTIQUE AROUND THE FIRST ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL, AND KEEP FOLKS FIENDIN' FOR 'EM. BUT MY TRUE GUESS IS THAT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE STATED, JB IS TRYIN' TO BOOST SALES OF THE UPCOMING XXX1's OFF OF THE HYPE OF THE BANNED 1's,SMH... BUT WITH THE OG 1's POPULARITY BEING AS HIGH AS IT'S EVER BEEN, YOU'D HAVE THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE WENT ALL OUT ON THE PRODUCTION OF THESE...OH WELL. HOLLA...

CED B.

Last edited:
i think the 01 got up to 75,000+ pairs

weren't there a few number runs to add up
the batch numbers smaller and smaller

its been a while since i added them all up

Last edited:
this. all of this.

I'm starting to see more of the resellers in here. 

right on cue smh 
They've been here though, in both chubby and chubbier form. Let's face it, this is just another hyped release that will be forgotten by most on September 4th. If you wait it out awhile, these joints will dip hard and you'll be able to get a pair.

2001 were fake limited. There were a bunch of different numbers that the pairs were marked with. There was probably nearly 75k of those made. Maybe/probably more

Anything after 23 will be discounted heavily. I can't be believe they put a nike check fading into a gigantic jumpman. Getting/Got comfortable. I wouldn't cut grass in any new jordan.

They've been here though, in both chubby and chubbier form. Let's face it, this is just another hyped release that will be forgotten by most on September 4th. If you wait it out awhile, these joints will dip hard and you'll be able to get a pair.
You really think these will fall that low? I hope so I'll buy all I can grab haha.

Nike doesn't care if retros sit. They've already made their money when orders are placed by their account holders.

Nike planned this.

The remaster thing was a jig (Marketing campaign)

"Banned" (Marketing campaign)

The only one to blame is the consumer.

For the past few years it's been an influx of posers and resellers. Now we see who is who.

In every retro thread this year "JORDANS ARE DEAD"

Well look what happens when you're a poser and now hype is high. (Not referring to you)

I'm sure everyone in this thread has 1 pair of black/red 1s. Why is having the '16 THAT important?

Let these clowns undercut each other and cop at 200-250 without stress next week.

I've never had a pair of AJ 1s in the Black / Red color way.

Was an infant in '94

first grade in '01,

didn't care about sneakers in '09 & '11,

failed to the bots and NDC TLO mess in Dec 2013,

And lastly my dumb *** didn't cop from FC when they 250-300 early 2014

Now my size 10 of the '13's is $900??????

So 2016 is MY YEAR to finally own a classic from the past.

Deadlaced & Retail Tuesday going to be chock full of these need gone / price drop posts from the quick [emoji]129297[/emoji] Boyz

Last edited:
You really think these will fall that low? I hope so I'll buy all I can grab haha.
History seems to show that if you wait you'll be rewarded in the wallet, with the exception of a few shoes. Most reseller scum lives release to release on a credit card, so liquidity is always needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the 01 got up to 75,000+ pairs

weren't there a few number runs to add up
the batch numbers smaller and smaller

its been a while since i added them all up

U KNOW WHAT? I THINK U MAY BE RIGHT ABOUT THAT...I CAN RECALL BACK ON NT IN THOSE DAYS, FOLKS WERE COMPAIRING THIER NUMBERS FROM DIFFERENT RUNS OF THAT SHOE. HOLLA...

CED B.

Retros in 94 flopped because RETRO was not a fad then. Retro anything was not in style. Everyone wanted the newest latest and greatest tech and designs out. If your shoes were a year old model, not fresh. I was in high school, I lived it.

History seems to show that if you wait you'll be rewarded in the wallet, with the exception of a few shoes.
True, it's just a matter of how long you want to wait. If I wanted to be patient for a pair of Royals (sold my 13's because of comfort reasons) I would have to wait for probably 10 years (except for when they re retro, so I guess you're right )

Zyzztigy: Out on Bail (The Mixtape) [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]
Track list
1. Free Zyzz
2. The Banned Diary
3. Outside Lurking In
4. Round 1 (Louie Sak vs Zeeeyz)
5. Freestyle
6. Bred 1s and NT Fitteds

Boy you a foo :rofl:

The ZyzzTape [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm grabbing that 31 at full retail. I am enamored and all in on the hype of these.

The 31 is super comfy though...
Cmon Lew! So is sketchers. I can't argue with personal preferences but those are a eye sore. And you gotta plenty money to blow!
laugh.gif
 I wouldn't know about sketchers. Never been on my feet. You wear sketchers bro??? 
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom