The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not a legit comparison or even that worrisome.
Totally hope that I'm flat out wrong. Just looking at it from a numbers/excitement perspective. Somehow I think I read the Chicago's were in the 60k range. Trying to find a source to see where I might have read that figure.

Assuming that is right, the additional 40k doesn't feel like it gets us much more. More people using bots now vs. one year ago, more fly by night resellers, many wanting to double/triple up this one, etc... 

The only optimism I have is that Nike is going to produce a large inventory of these in line with recent OG releases. That's what my gut tells me. Especially with the promotion they've been putting behind this one weeks in advance. I don't agree with the thought where some have said Nike would make the 1's limited so more buy the 31's when they strike out. That just doesn't make sense to me. If I miss out, I wouldn't throw my money at something else just cause it was co-promoted. 

I can lie, I laughed at their supplier sneaking dummy bricks into that $500k of product
"impossible to fully go through and verify condition the shoes within the timeframe required to complete the sale" My timeframe would have required time to verify all the shoes. "baking soda baking soda"

Thats not a legit comparison or even that worrisome.

Totally hope that I'm flat out wrong. Just looking at it from a numbers/excitement perspective. Somehow I think I read the Chicago's were in the 60k range. Trying to find a source to see where I might have read that figure.

Assuming that is right, the additional 40k doesn't feel like it gets us much more. More people using bots now vs. one year ago, more fly by night resellers, many wanting to double/triple up this one, etc... 

The only optimism I have is that Nike is going to produce a large inventory of these in line with recent OG releases. That's what my gut tells me. Especially with the promotion they've been putting behind this one weeks in advance. I don't agree with the thought where some have said Nike would make the 1's limited so more buy the 31's when they strike out. That just doesn't make sense to me. If I miss out, I wouldn't throw my money at something else just cause it was co-promoted. 

Chicagos were 25K-30K

Hype just got real. So they do have the banned X on the back?
air-jordan-1-vs-air-jordan-31-banned-04.jpg

air-jordan-1-vs-air-jordan-31-banned-05.jpg

Last edited:
C'mon man, those are 2011s.

"impossible to fully go through and verify condition the shoes within the timeframe required to complete the sale" My timeframe would have required time to verify all the shoes. "baking soda baking soda"

Exactly :lol:

Got me all sorts of ****** up if they expect me to hand over a fraction of that money without complete comfort in the transaction.

But, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Last edited:
It was probably less than 30k

I would say same as Breds around 20k maybe 25.

Limited as hell and hyped

So are we all concluding this release is gonna be hard AF?  

As for JsforDays, really bad on their end to not verify all sneakers before purchase.... cant really feel too bad for them.  Chalk this up as lesson learned for others out there

Reading the 2013 Bred thread, vs this year's, I feel like history is gonna repeat itself. Only in that thread, close to release, dudes had what seemed like good preorders. This year I haven't really seen any. And the preorders I have seen, when compared to 13's are abooout the same. 300-500 bucks. You guys probably know more than me though. Not over the moon about the prospects. Probably just settle for 01s AGAIN(just like with the royals), as there are probably twice as many fake 2013 pairs as real, and OG banneds are a mortgage/vacation or two. 

I really wish JB would just proliferate the *******  OG 1s already. We get it. It's a legendary shoe. So are the other retros, and at some point they've been given in a plentiful amount. Enough already. They made the banneds hard in 2011 from what I can gather, 2013s releases were tough. Only now are less popular OGs and Retro+ NA 1s, like the UNCs, Metallics, and CMs, pretty easy to get; and I'm ok with that. Let's keep that **** up with bigger colorways. I'm not here to use 1s as a stunt tool, I just want a few pairs to wear. I'm 29 and a not a huge collector, but I do like my shoes and I want to wear them. Just make it easy for the people who aren't gonna be at the Sneaker Con and treat this sneaker **** as a second job. Sorry I'm 29 in the military and about to be in school, in wisconsin, (and not milwaukee). I don't have time for that **** .

Sorry mods if the muted swears are too much.  Sorry for ****** droning on guys. Hopefully this whine fest will be all for naught come sept 3rd. 

Last edited:
Tell em why you mad bro
hahahahahaa I probably sound like a whiny curmudgeon, but I mean it's past played bro. I'm sure you guys would agree. Some of the high volume releases of OG C/Ws have been, for the most part, pretty well made for the average sneaker fan who will wear and beat the shoes accordingly, but available in copious af amounts. I don't get why not with the 1s.  

Last edited:
Cant wait to get my second pair of 2011 OG, one of a kind, one and only, one and forever, Banned 2011-tomorrow.  The materials on these will not be the same as the 2011 or the SBB's (says a pretty valuable source).  Only way im copping is if i can easily go on SNKRS, click order and done. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom