The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to reread on the history of this Air Jordan 1 sneaker and type my thoughts.
View media item 2158929
What a marketing plan by Nike. These black/red Nike air ships were supposedly the real "banned" shoe in 1984. The 2011 technically shouldn't have been made with the whole banned moniker

If the air ships were the shoe that was banned, then Nike decided to make a better looking version of this called the Air Jordan 1 in 1985, not 1984. Some shoe worn by jordan in 84 was banned, but the jordan 1 came out 85

The air ships look basic compared to the "higher end" jordan 1 model. Like a corolla vs a lexus lfa. Therefore the air ships probably wouldnt have had that appeal and success the jordan 1 had (eventually, probably sat on shelves at 1st)

Nike is surely brillant with their advertising campaigns. Had I not known about the air ships, I would have assumed the Jordan 1 was really banned. Excellent sneaker though.

Nike oversaturated the market with I's in 1985. They were eventually liquidated for less than $20/pair. Stocking up on those and clearanced vintage Star Wars toys would've paid off huge!

@idk92  just saw your pic.. I guess at this point what are you expecting him to do?  Refund or replacement of shoe?  I'm wondering if this will fall under manufacture defect and simply beyond his control assuming all his pairs are legit (not saying he sells fakes bc I don't have any experience with him personally)

As for all these bot orders getting cancelled, this should look somewhat promising for a restock but best believe it will be a random drop

Never seen reps in a sz 14 so you should be good.

My pair arriving today! And not jordan related but happy football it is back!

Last edited:
Congratulation for everyone who cooked!

I have to camp 6 hours for my first pair

and then another 5 hours for the 2nd pair 

anybody noticed that the red lace is on a different hue with the red leather ??

I think I will go with a black lace again

Never seen reps in a sz 14 so you should be good.

My pair arriving today! And not jordan related but happy football it is back!
I didn't even know that the fugazis are size dependent, good for me
wink.gif
thx man

Already been offered $260 shipped for a size 13.5.....Price on twitter is plummeting. Ebay probably still strong though.

I wanted to reread on the history of this Air Jordan 1 sneaker and type my thoughts.

What a marketing plan by Nike. These black/red Nike air ships were supposedly the real "banned" shoe in 1984. The 2011 technically shouldn't have been made with the whole banned moniker

If the air ships were the shoe that was banned, then Nike decided to make a better looking version of this called the Air Jordan 1 in 1985, not 1984. Some shoe worn by jordan in 84 was banned, but the jordan 1 came out 85

The air ships look basic compared to the "higher end" jordan 1 model. Like a corolla vs a lexus lfa. Therefore the air ships probably wouldnt have had that appeal and success the jordan 1 had (eventually, probably sat on shelves at 1st)

Nike is surely brillant with their advertising campaigns. Had I not known about the air ships, I would have assumed the Jordan 1 was really banned. Excellent sneaker though.
YOURE THE FIRST ONE TO EVER BRING THIS UP, THANKS FOR THE CUTTING EDGE POST

YOUD BE ONTO SOMETHING EXCEPT...

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN BRED 1s IN AN NBA GAME? NO? WHAT MUST THAT MEAN THEN? 

CAN WE FINALLY END ALL THE CORNBALL DETECTIVE WORK ON THIS?

Last edited:
Thriller trumps just about anything that guy West has done. Just cause its old and you've heard it a million times doesnt make it any less amazing.

Last edited:
This was the worst and most limited release up in Vancouver Canada this year

I had many Jordan connections back in the days but life has traveled me in a new direction, so to make a long story short...I had to obtain these shoes like regular folks :tongue:

There were only 4 pairs of size 13 in all of Greater Vancouver Area and all were snatched up by our local resellers and now being flipped at crazy prices.
(Try 215 retail but currently @ 500 CDN shipped due to our lame dollar smh)

This Jordan release meant the most to me as I had the OG 85 back in high school that my Mom did without to buy me, so of course I ended up putting more emotional value onto these then I should have.

Glad you guys copped your pairs, but for old heads like me....we came up empty up north.

If anyone can point me to a LEGIT pair of 13/13.5 at a fair price consider it being "paying it forward"

Enjoy people, but for whats it worth. This pair meant the world to me and had me go out and establish relationships in Brand Jordan all over again lol.

peace...baby j

Yeah I wish people stop all of this "which shoe was banned" research. Use some common sense. It wasn't the shoe that was banned. It was the COLORWAY. The dark black/red colorway couldn't be worn no matter if it was an Air Ship, Air Legend, OG 1 or whatever. So if you ban one then you couldn't wear the other either. Case closed

Yeah I wish people stop all of this "which shoe was banned" research. Use some common sense. It wasn't the shoe that was banned. It was the COLORWAY. The dark black/red colorway couldn't be worn no matter if it was an Air Ship, Air Legend, OG 1 or whatever. So if you ban one then you couldn't wear the other either. Case closed

This is very true. However, the story about MJ getting fined $5,000 per game for wearing the black/red 1 and Nike paying the fines is completely false. Nike is still trying to push that story.

This was the worst and most limited release up in Vancouver Canada this year

I had many Jordan connections back in the days but life has traveled me in a new direction, so to make a long story short...I had to obtain these shoes like regular folks :tongue:

There were only 4 pairs of size 13 in all of Greater Vancouver Area and all were snatched up by our local resellers and now being flipped at crazy prices.
(Try 215 retail but currently @ 500 CDN shipped due to our lame dollar smh)

This Jordan release meant the most to me as I had the OG 85 back in high school that my Mom did without to buy me, so of course I ended up putting more emotional value onto these then I should have.

Glad you guys copped your pairs, but for old heads like me....we came up empty up north.

If anyone can point me to a LEGIT pair of 13/13.5 at a fair price consider it being "paying it forward"

Enjoy people, but for whats it worth. This pair meant the world to me and had me go out and establish relationships in Brand Jordan all over again lol.

peace...baby j

At this stage fair price u must be talking sub 300 USD even big footers are taxing. Possible for 280-300. Prob is ur shipping to Cad

Last edited:
This is very true. However, the story about MJ getting fined $5,000 per game for wearing the black/red 1 and Nike paying the fines is completely false. Nike is still trying to push that story.
Show me a quote of NIKE saying they paid 5000 a game for Mike to wear the black red 1s.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom