THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Updated info from Nike NYC draw. Draw starts at 6pm EST for future Nike Lab purchase in soho.

Last edited:
I'm actually glad I grabbed these. I buy shoes for me though and the tongue and sticker set was a nice touch and I'm happy to add them. But it's crazy how hard it's been to get a lot of these air max this month. I really wish instead of the ultra they would've did this to the Zero. But I'm happy none the less.
Same here I got masters as well just waiting on my boy to fly back in Sunday with my pair. 2.0 were cool to me just need to secure atmos Saturday

If I were to get sucked into the hype, I'd go for the last AM1 ultra flyknit before the 2.0s.  Nike's marketing dept is PURE GENIUS....that's all I have to say.  How many of you would have considered the 2.0s had it been any other normal non-AM month release?  If you like them, would you have paid full price on RD, or waited until they were discounted?  That said, if you like the AM1 red overall, the 2.0s are going to be MUCH more comfortable for sure.

If I were to get sucked into the hype, I'd go for the last AM1 ultra flyknit before the 2.0s.  Nike's marketing dept is PURE GENIUS....that's all I have to say.  How many of you would have considered the 2.0s had it been any other normal non-AM month release?  If you like them, would you have paid full price on RD, or waited until they were discounted?  That said, if you like the AM1 red overall, the 2.0s are going to be MUCH more comfortable for sure.
With the amount of these 2.0 on Ebay I would give it a week before you start finding these returned at Nike outlets. I doubt most people bought them to keep.

I hope that people are buying the 2.0s because they truly like them and not because they are trying to fill the void from hype of the OG colorway releases. I understand the collaborations(with exception to the 2017 Atmos 1, as these were mass voted to be re-released) but I dont understand why Nike, a billion dollar corporation, has to use these cheap tactics on a shoe that has been replicated and reproduced so many times since its inception. Ill wear Shaqs knockoff Jordan IVs before I ever set foot in a pair of Ultra 2.0s out of spite to Nike for doing this crap.

Good point.  I went on at 7am to see how it would go down. Was able to cart my size.  When back 1.5 hours later and it was sold out; totally amazed!

I hope that people are buying the 2.0s because they truly like them and not because they are trying to fill the void from hype of the OG colorway releases. I understand the collaborations(with exception to the 2017 Atmos 1, as these were mass voted to be re-released) but I dont understand why Nike, a billion dollar corporation, has to use these cheap tactics on a shoe that has been replicated and reproduced so many times since its inception. Ill wear Shaqs knockoff Jordan IVs before I ever set foot in a pair of Ultra 2.0s out of spite to Nike for doing this crap.

I bought them for the stickers.
laugh.gif

Let's be real here

only reason people I know copped those ultras was to take out the sticker pack and seal those joints back up and slap on the return label.

I'm gonna in the minority for damn sure, and I'll probably get some heat for this after reading how people feel about buying the Ultra 2.0 LEs, but I'm personally a fan of it. Yes, it's not the OG; I understand that. I also will admit that I had no clue what gravitated me towards the 2nd wave of NikeLab Air Max 1 Pinnacles compared to the first one as well as the Ultra Flyknit, the Ultra Moire, and the Ultra Essentials. Then I came in here and heard about the "shape" topic, which explained it all.

However, the first Air Max 1 shoe that attracted me to the shoe in general was in fact the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire. I was personally not a fan of lifestyle/retro shoes for a very long time until recently, and one of my first Air Max lifestyle shoes I've owned to wear was indeed the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire in black/white.

We can take a big **** on my choice to buy the 2.0 Ultras, but the 2.0 Ultras are a nice blend of modern and past, and growing up being into shoes that has present-day features and benefits is what I'm into most. The only thing about the Air Max 1 Ultra LE 2.0s I don't really like is that "3.26" tab. That should've been under the tongue.

Last edited:

With the amount of these 2.0 on Ebay I would give it a week before you start finding these returned at Nike outlets. I doubt most people bought them to keep.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom