THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm gonna in the minority for damn sure, and I'll probably get some heat for this after reading how people feel about buying the Ultra 2.0 LEs, but I'm personally a fan of it. Yes, it's not the OG; I understand that. I also will admit that I had no clue what gravitated me towards the 2nd wave of NikeLab Air Max 1 Pinnacles compared to the first one. Then I came in here and heard about the "shape" topic, which explained it all.

However, the first Air Max 1 shoe that attracted me to the shoe in general was in fact the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire. I was personally not a fan of lifestyle/retro shoes for a very long time until recently, and one of my first Air Max lifestyle shoes I've owned to wear was indeed the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire in black/white.

We can take a big **** on my choice to buy the 2.0 Ultras, but the 2.0 Ultras are a nice blend of modern and past, and growing up being into shoes that has present-day features and benefits is what I'm into most. The only thing about the Air Max 1 Ultra LE 2.0s I don't really like is that "3.26" tab. That should've been under the tongue.

No heat at all. Thats what I said, that I hoped people bought them because they like them, which you are and I respect that. Its when people fall into Nike's trap and only buy them because they couldnt buy the OG colorway retros that bother me.

Last edited:
Welp..forgot i put a bid for the Anniversary Reds on Stockx...seller accepted for 265$...havent kept up on prices. Is it good or nah?

No heat at all. Thats what I said, that I hoped people bought them because they like them, which you are and I respect that. Its when people fall into Nike's trap and only buy them because they couldnt buy the OG colorway retros that bother me.

I feel you on that; thank you! I agree that these shouldn't be bought because of resorting to a consolation prize of some sort... that's like settling for Khloe Kardashian when we tryna get at Kim. :wink:

Twist: Kanye got Kim.

... and that's how Yeezys sell.

Chicago

need these

Still seeing euro spots with all sizes of the 2.0 in stock. Fake sell out in the US or the hype machine worked.

I'm gonna in the minority for damn sure, and I'll probably get some heat for this after reading how people feel about buying the Ultra 2.0 LEs, but I'm personally a fan of it. Yes, it's not the OG; I understand that. I also will admit that I had no clue what gravitated me towards the 2nd wave of NikeLab Air Max 1 Pinnacles compared to the first one as well as the Ultra Flyknit, the Ultra Moire, and the Ultra Essentials. Then I came in here and heard about the "shape" topic, which explained it all.

However, the first Air Max 1 shoe that attracted me to the shoe in general was in fact the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire. I was personally not a fan of lifestyle/retro shoes for a very long time until recently, and one of my first Air Max lifestyle shoes I've owned to wear was indeed the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire in black/white.

We can take a big **** on my choice to buy the 2.0 Ultras, but the 2.0 Ultras are a nice blend of modern and past, and growing up being into shoes that has present-day features and benefits is what I'm into most. The only thing about the Air Max 1 Ultra LE 2.0s I don't really like is that "3.26" tab. That should've been under the tongue.
This makes a lot of sense.  I like my ultra moires more than my normal essentials....more comfortable, sleeker look, and more breathable.  I also prefer my AM90 hyperfuses to the essentials I have for the same reasons.  I'm also a fan of old looks with new tech.  Glad you're buying what you like!  I do think, however, a good majority of 2.0 sales today were not from people like you, but from people caught up in the hype.

Not mad at that price if you really wanted these.
Yeah, had no shot otherwise...my lunar 1 are beat now & was on the fence of doing a leather ID but Im happy to have these now. Hoping to cop Atmos thru draw but not counting on it

Question: How would the 2.0 be received if Nike didn't also drop the Anniversaries this year? Would there be as much hate or would it be Nike's way to celebrate the 30 year anniversary with an old meets news concept? Just curious if that scenario would change anyone's mind. For me, it's OG at retail or lower only regardless of quantity made.

Question: How would the 2.0 be received if Nike didn't also drop the Anniversaries this year? Would there be as much hate or would it be Nike's way to celebrate the 30 year anniversary with an old meets news concept? Just curious if that scenario would change anyone's mind. For me, it's OG at retail or lower only regardless of quantity made.
That depends. Would they be limited in your scenario? 
indifferent.gif

i can only speak for myself, and this aint no shade towards anyone that owns anything flyknit, ultra, tape, breath, lunar or any other new tech.  

doesnt matter what nike wants to do with them, im not a fan.  this aint about being on a high horse, or grumpy or whatever haters want to say, i just dont like the shape and look of them.  so had the ultra 2.0 (or any) release come out in isolation, i wouldnt have copped or supported the movement.  

in short, if nike decides to ditch OG builds and only does new tech stuff, i will continue to backtrack OG builds.  as i do now. 

Last edited:
The first ultra build is ok for me(espacially the flyknit) but this 2.0... that shape, the outsole, i really can't see myself pick this!

The 2.0 are not for me whether they are bountiful or limited! Lol  People feel even more resentment than normal because they waited for years for Nike to finally do something with the shape! They finally fix it and decide to make it limited for no apparent reason other than stupid hype! Stop playing the games already and just make OG colorways available and make collabs and special releases limited like they should be.

Last edited:
i can only personally speak for myself, and this aint no shade towards anyone that owns anything flyknit, ultra, tape, breath, lunar or any other new tech.  

doesnt matter what nike wants to do with them, im not a fan.  this aint about being on a high horse, or grumpy or whatever haters want to say, i just dont like the shape and look of them.  so had the ultra 2.0 (or any) release come out in isolation, i wouldnt have copped or supported the movement.  

in short, if nike decides to ditch OG builds and only does new tech stuff, i will continue to backtrack OG builds.  as i do now. 

I'd put myself in that same camp as far as retroes go. I like my new sneakers with new tech but my retroes as true to the original as possible. Even if I was able to get my hands on a pair of Anniversaries I would still be most looking forward to VaporMax this month. I love old and I love new and I appreciate sneakers most for the tech/performance aspect at the time they came out. I do not like the mixing of the two for nostalgia and material cost-saving purposes only. I don't mind when a new performance sneaker pays homage to a previous sneaker (e.g., Huarache trainers, LeBron 7s) but I do not like "lifestyle" models with new tech. I have no desire for any flyknit max, lunar force, or other nonsense of the sort.

I feel like the hate for the 2.0 itself would still exist if they were dropped in a vacuum but the hate for the release process would be less without Anniversaries. People would probably be disappointed with Nike rather than angry. And people that did cop the 2.0 would have copped for different reasons. Still a no go for me.

Definitely would not change my mind at all. I'd still buy the pair, and I would still not be a big fan of that 3.26 patch. I was honestly thinking this Air Max Month would do more hybrid stuff like last year's Air Max HTM pack, so I was prepped for something similar anyway.

The only thing I dread about this month, and we can possibly all (or most) can agree to this, is knowing there'd be at least one good thing that we're going to want. The problem about this month in THIS YEAR in particular... is in fact the limitations of quantity of these releases. :frown:

AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE - Heh, sorry, I just wanted to throw in my two cents in.

Last edited:
If it was launched as part of AM Day, it would definitely sell out; people love to have something they think is special.  Had it launched like any other AM1, it would be sitting.

Back
Top Bottom