THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

this release is turning out to be a nightmare already.. i don't even want the pack, just the AM1.. only one spot in the DMV is getting them.

i can only speak for myself, and this aint no shade towards anyone that owns anything flyknit, ultra, tape, breath, lunar or any other new tech.  

doesnt matter what nike wants to do with them, im not a fan.  this aint about being on a high horse, or grumpy or whatever haters want to say, i just dont like the shape and look of them.  so had the ultra 2.0 (or any) release come out in isolation, i wouldnt have copped or supported the movement.  

in short, if nike decides to ditch OG builds and only does new tech stuff, i will continue to backtrack OG builds.  as i do now. 

^^^^
all of this is how I feel as well

couldn't do flyknit 87 this summer even with the option to replicate USA....got em, returned em.

OG or bust

Last edited:
I'm gonna in the minority for damn sure, and I'll probably get some heat for this after reading how people feel about buying the Ultra 2.0 LEs, but I'm personally a fan of it. Yes, it's not the OG; I understand that. I also will admit that I had no clue what gravitated me towards the 2nd wave of NikeLab Air Max 1 Pinnacles compared to the first one as well as the Ultra Flyknit, the Ultra Moire, and the Ultra Essentials. Then I came in here and heard about the "shape" topic, which explained it all.

However, the first Air Max 1 shoe that attracted me to the shoe in general was in fact the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire. I was personally not a fan of lifestyle/retro shoes for a very long time until recently, and one of my first Air Max lifestyle shoes I've owned to wear was indeed the Air Max 1 Ultra Moire in black/white.

We can take a big **** on my choice to buy the 2.0 Ultras, but the 2.0 Ultras are a nice blend of modern and past, and growing up being into shoes that has present-day features and benefits is what I'm into most. The only thing about the Air Max 1 Ultra LE 2.0s I don't really like is that "3.26" tab. That should've been under the tongue.
yup that's how I feel about the ultras. I had a couple pairs of the Ultra Moires and they are comfy and work for my foot. I like that they're streamlined with a more modern look but retain that og look. They look less bulky imo. I could care less about the hype that the anniversary pairs are getting which some of yall are just buying into cuz of the limited numbers. 

Last edited:
I respect those who want OG to stay OG.  Personally, I love how they take the old look and shape and remake with new tech.  My hyperfuse 90s are so much nicer to look at and wear.  My personal opinion only of course.  And this is coming from someone who grew up with the OGs, so it's not that I don't have respect for those.  Hope they continue offering options!

In lieu of Air Max Con, Nike has set up four Sneakeasy pop ups in NYC, Toronto, LA and Chicago. Basically, if you're in one of those cities, you should monitor the local twitter and pages for details on how to sign up. Details are scant so who knows what each city will have access to when they open. But certain shops will have certain Air Max-related activities, etc.

NYC: March 20-26

Chicago: March 25

LA: March 25-26

Toronto: March 26

More http://sneakernews.com/2017/03/16/nike-sneakeasy-air-max-day-2017-events/

Last edited:
In lieu of Air Max Con, Nike has set up four Sneakeasy pop ups in NYC, Toronto, LA and Chicago. Basically, if you're in one of those cities, you should monitor the local twitter and pages for details on how to sign up. Details are scant so who knows what each city will have access to when they open. But certain shops will have certain Air Max-related activities, etc.

NYC: March 20-26
Chicago: March 25
LA: March 25-26
Toronto: March 26

More http://sneakernews.com/2017/03/16/nike-sneakeasy-air-max-day-2017-events/

In Toronto at least, access to this event is via a physical invite that contains a PIN code that you enter to register. Everyone is super tight-lipped over what the event is going to be like though.... very curious...

Welp..forgot i put a bid for the Anniversary Reds on Stockx...seller accepted for 265$...havent kept up on prices. Is it good or nah?

lol i just put in a bid in 5min ago and buyer accepted offer same price as yours
Resellers moving on to the next shoe. I wonder if prices will fall more frek it if they do but cant resist that price :D

Back
Top Bottom