THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

you honestly werent missing much imo. i been in this thread for a while now and up until this year i havent had any interest in buying AM1s until the new pinnacles this year dropped 
1. if you check out the J thread, vapormax thread, UB thread or whatever else hypebeast is these days, you will see the same members that flooded this thread for the last 45 days.  with regurgitated nonsense, im sure we would concurrently see in those threads.  

2. well welcome back.  we as an am87 fam welcome you with open arms.  post some pics, help out some green members with, and stick around.  

3. no one said you have to go anywhere or do anything.  if someone putting you on blast, do you, and keep it moving.  the am87 thread can be volatile at times.  even among colleagues.  

4. agreed.  post count and reps are equivalent to 1/100th of a disney dollars on neptune.  

now we wait for jewels... 

Last edited:

Nobody is going to say anything about a guy like you hanging around. It's cool to get some new voices in here. The ones that are annoying are the kids that were "boost is life" in February, jumped on the AM1 hypetrain for a month, now are off to Vapormax, then will go back to UB's for a week or two, and then will be Yeezy beasts at the end of next month. They literally bounce from shoe to shoe based on what's hyped that week.
Nobody?

you honestly werent missing much imo. i been in this thread for a while now and up until this year i havent had any interest in buying AM1s until the new pinnacles this year dropped 
Dude the pinnacles might be one of my fav release this year but Nike has already given us so fire so far so it's hard to choose

But yeah dude I guess that's why I was never in here before is because I felt like what's the point if the AM1 isn't the same as when I fell in love with it in the first place

Dude the pinnacles might be one of my fav release this year but Nike has already given us so fire so far so it's hard to choose

But yeah dude I guess that's why I was never in here before is because I felt like what's the point if the AM1 isn't the same as when I fell in love with it in the first place
one of my favorites this year for me too. copped the iced jades and been waiting for the weather to be nice to rock them. might get the ocean fogs soon idk

Man this guy really hates me this is great lol

My apologies to anyone who has been annoyed with our correspondence the past few days

Last edited:
I don't mind newcomers at all, as long as theyre willing to stay, contribute and help.

It's the people that come in here purposely trying to get information in order to resell the product. Why buy a shoe, then list 2-3x over value to have them sit for a week (or more) vs letting someone buy at retail then wearing then the next day... this is one thing that gets on my nerves.

^ thanks welcoming one...

I understand there are some serious heads/die hards in here and don't mean to be disrespectful at all.

Personally think Hype is exactly what the airmax needs to get Nike to retro some nice joints. 

Edit: moved on

Last edited:
I really don't care to see a lot of retros collabs. I'd rather see some new ones. We're overdue for a new Patta or an Atmos collab. I'd love to see a Concepts collab. A Ronnie Fieg AM1 would be the ****. Give me new stuff.

^ thanks welcoming one...

I understand there are some serious heads/die hards in here and don't mean to be disrespectful at all.
Also own up to being part hypebeast, into boost for real, but still truly appreciate the air max and it's history. Would I be in here if there was no campaign, no atmos retro, no masters etc ?probably not...

Personally think Hype is exactly what the airmax needs to get Nike to retro some nice joints. 

I'm going to have to disagree on the last part. There are definitely some nice shoes that did retro without any hype. For example, the AM Plus/TN in hyper blue cw. If there was hype around this shoe (USA) they would have been wiped off of shelves immediately a couple years back. They sat for a couple months in Champs. Mind you this is an OG cw of the 1998 release (there might have been small differences). Same goes for the Orange/Sunrise cw that is sort of similar to the Tigers.

92 tailwainds, persian/jade BW's, laser blue 93's etc... i can go on

I really don't care to see a lot of retros collabs. I'd rather see some new ones. We're overdue for a new Patta or an Atmos collab. I'd love to see a Concepts collab. A Ronnie Fieg AM1 would be the ****. Give me new stuff.
cncpts collab with an AM is gonna get wild.

Yup those new collabs sound better than more retros I agree.

Thirst for the model is rife atm hope they take advantage of it

I'm going to have to disagree on the last part. There are definitely some nice shoes that did retro without any hype. For example, the AM Plus/TN in hyper blue cw. If there was hype around this shoe (USA) they would have been wiped off of shelves immediately a couple years back. They sat for a couple months in Champs. Mind you this is an OG cw of the 1998 release (there might have been small differences). Same goes for the Orange/Sunrise cw that is sort of similar to the Tigers.

92 tailwainds, persian/jade BW's, laser blue 93's etc... i can go on
i agree with this statement.  not needing hype and getting dope kicks is exactly what anti hype is.  as far as collabos and new stuff...  idk, in theory that sounds great, but i see it as a recipe for disaster if we're talking availability and acquisition.  i mean just look at this past month.  and ya'll want to attach feig, concepts or patta to it?  aint no one going to eat if thats the case.  

Wasn't there a guy in here reselling supreme tees too another reseller ????????
idk.  i was in and out of the thread.  og red was the worst weekend, but it was a nightmare there after.  a lot of folk who were consistent on here dipped off and into hiding.  

Last edited:
Been following this thread for a month now.

From the Netherlands, I also considered myself retired a few years ago(in the years that Nike SB slowly died).Thought the sneaker game was dead with the yeezy/boost hype train. Thought the air max og would be an easy cop, cause the og red and blue cws were always on discount and who is collecting am 1 nowadays right? What was I wrong. Luckily I got the masters and atmos due to camping the first time in 7 years again, meeting some og nikeheads again, and bring back some old memories. You guys will see me a lot more in this thread:wink:.

My motto is rock it, don't stock it. So here a picture of my atmos:

Last edited:
Nobody is going to say anything about a guy like you hanging around. It's cool to get some new voices in here. The ones that are annoying are the kids that were "boost is life" in February, jumped on the AM1 hypetrain for a month, now are off to Vapormax, then will go back to UB's for a week or two, and then will be Yeezy beasts at the end of next month. They literally bounce from shoe to shoe based on what's hyped that week.

Kids will be kids

Def down for some new Collabs and new ideas.

"aint no one going to eat if thats the case."  word but we know buying sneakers is an expensive tactical sport now

I blame Nike though, not the demand...could make collab and push heavier numbers than usual/restock to kill resell etc? 

Most nike tweets last few days are salty fans

Last edited:

"aint no one going to eat if thats the case."  word but we know buying sneakers is an expensive tactical sport now

I blame Nike though, not the demand...could make collab and push heavier numbers than usual/restock to kill resell etc? 
They do that with jordan brand and then all you see on the internet is people saying "they didn't sell out Jordan brand must be dead"

When really they end up selling more units than ever.

I think Nike plays both sides of the fence very well, whether we as consumers are always happy with it or not

If they make a ton of them, they sit people don't want something that everyone else has. See TB3's. See MS4's. Hell look at the Pinnacles. They blow any of the AMD pairs out of the water from a quality standpoint and they are still sitting a lot of places. It's a double edge sword and the only way Nike wins is if they make limited batches. People want limited stuff but they'll cry when they aren't able to get it. That's better for Nike than people turning their nose up at it bc it's not limited.

Back
Top Bottom