THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Anyone else notice with the new ID options when you pick a suede quarter sometimes it let's you choose your laces sometimes it doesn't?

98C6C56B-C055-475C-8AC7-C25AF04A41C0.jpeg

What is this tomfoolery?
Man lol
8D9BEBC2-457A-4225-A4C0-AB9023D1B6C4.jpeg

Last edited:
I am new here in the AM1 thread, but I wanted to share that Oneness Boutique have the Atmos AM1 'We Love Nike' on sale for $79. I purchased my pair at full retail price when they first dropped (ironically from Oneness) and though I wish I would had waited, the quality of the sneakers make me not sweat paying full price. Also, the stock photos does the shoe no justice and they look way better in person!

https://www.oneness287.com/products/nike-air-max-1-print-we-love-nike

I've decided for quite some time now , to stop paying full retail for items that i know will not sell out in a few seconds.
I buy so many pairs every year ,that the extra cash saved allows me to buy even more pairs or a few more for resell.
My 0.02c

Where's my guys that were whining about "it's atmos it'll sell out it'll be hard to get the hypebeasts will eat it up cmon nike make this one for the true heads"

took my snkrs L on the Parra's like everyone else...now just moving on. Love the shoes...but they are shoes...something new and "hot" will be out in a week

Prestos!

I'm with you. I picked up a sub-$400 pair off Stockx before release. At this point, if the seller doesnt ship realizing he can make a few bucks more, I'm moving on to the Prestos.

took my snkrs L on the Parra's like everyone else...now just moving on. Love the shoes...but they are shoes...something new and "hot" will be out in a week

Exactly! I got several Ls the last few days on the Parras, but it is whatever and now it is all about the Epic React Belgiums for me.....on to the next!

Where's my guys that were whining about "it's atmos it'll sell out it'll be hard to get the hypebeasts will eat it up cmon nike make this one for the true heads"

LOL OMG! That was part of the reason why when I was able to cop from Oneness a couple of weeks before the actual release (Nike ended up pushing the US release date back for some reason and Oneness already had their stock and posted it on their website before Nike did that). People were big upping them talking about the AM1s were gonna be the sell out in the pack, but then people switched up and started going more with the AM90 (which IMO the quality of the shoe is nowhere as good as the AM1 in that collection). When the collection did eventually drop, it was crickets! It could have been that due to Nike pushing back the date and other hyped shoes were releasing at the same time that people fell back from the 'We Love Nike' pack (they did sell really well at most of the overseas stores).

I've decided for quite some time now , to stop paying full retail for items that i know will not sell out in a few seconds.
I buy so many pairs every year ,that the extra cash saved allows me to buy even more pairs or a few more for resell.
My 0.02c

I am totally on the same page and I rarely pay full price for sneakers (or pay resale prices either). The situation with the Atmos AM1 in the We Love Nike pack was that it got hyped up a little bit and after seeing how they were pretty much selling out overseas, when I had the opportunity to buy them at retail before the assumed "rush" on release day, I took the opportunity. With this purchase, while I wish I would have waited (though I had no idea they would just sit here in the States like this), I do not regret going ahead and buying them before release.

Thats the crazy thing to me about people paying resale. There are some shoes i get it that are worth it to pay resale for because they mean a lot to you or you could be in love with them. But the landscape these days is flooded with "hyped" releases and its obvious these companies are milking people for money with limited release/collab this and that.
This coming from some one who misses on almost all hyped releases :lol:.

But for me its like oh i missed on every hyped release but still got currys (paid retail no regrets) got my anni reds got obsidians. Like missing on Parras or any of the OFF-White's or any big release don't hurt when i know there is a shoe that i will be able to cop that i will like just as much. I guess being older i don't care about hype or "breaking necks" (i hate that phrase) its like ok enter the online raffles and try on SNKRS. You may hit on 1/10 or 20. That works with me

Thats the crazy thing to me about people paying resale. There are some shoes i get it that are worth it to pay resale for because they mean a lot to you or you could be in love with them. But the landscape these days is flooded with "hyped" releases and its obvious these companies are milking people for money with limited release/collab this and that.
This coming from some one who misses on almost all hyped releases :lol:.

But for me its like oh i missed on every hyped release but still got currys (paid retail no regrets) got my anni reds got obsidians. Like missing on Parras or any of the OFF-White's or any big release don't hurt when i know there is a shoe that i will be able to cop that i will like just as much. I guess being older i don't care about hype or "breaking necks" (i hate that phrase) its like ok enter the online raffles and try on SNKRS. You may hit on 1/10 or 20. That works with me

I've always hated that phrase too. It's such a stupid mentality.

I wanted these so hedged my bets and bid for 375 got accepted on stockx. Seller shipped. Was a bit mad I paid the resale but I had sold other things and I wanted these for toe.

90% of the shoes I purchase, I wear. And I've always been strictly team-retail.

But something about these Parras just speak to me, I think they're perfect. So I flipped my Element 87 Sails ($400) and bought these on StockX ($410). Seller just shipped, I'm pretty psyched!

But something about these Parras just speak to me, I think they're perfect. So I flipped my Element 87 Sails ($400) and bought these on StockX ($410). Seller just shipped, I'm pretty psyched!

Lucky! I'm still waiting for my seller to ship and am praying he doesnt flake. Those Element 87s were overrated in my opinion. Not into the "clear" shoe trend. Not doubting their comfort.

haha funny you say that, I'm going try to make sail Element 87's turn into the Parra Spiridon.

Back
Top Bottom