THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Missed out on the Red mini swoosh again, Champs shows my size, but won’t let me check out. I keep getting my hopes crushed every time I check.

So I asked before about sizing. There’s no shoe stores that regularly carry Air Max 1s here and I would like to start getting into Air Maxes. I don’t know if I should just go with my Jordan retro/ultraboost/airForce 1/Vans size of 10 or go have a size up to 10.5. I’m afraid that a 10 will be too small but it might be okay. Nearly all of my shoes are 10s except my Jordan XX9s and Yeezys (all except V1s which are still a 10).

Does anyone know if the black/red mini swish runs TTS ? Thanks in advance.

Yes.

So I asked before about sizing. There’s no shoe stores that regularly carry Air Max 1s here and I would like to start getting into Air Maxes. I don’t know if I should just go with my Jordan retro/ultraboost/airForce 1/Vans size of 10 or go have a size up to 10.5. I’m afraid that a 10 will be too small but it might be okay. Nearly all of my shoes are 10s except my Jordan XX9s and Yeezys (all except V1s which are still a 10).

I wear 11 in AJ1 and 11.5 in AM1’s. Just order the two sizes direct from Nike and return the pair that doesn’t work.

I wear a 10 in air force 1 and 10 in air max 1. Go for a size 10

I wear a 10 in AF1, 10.5 in jordans and 10.5-11 in AM1. Both sizes fit me similarly. Foot slightly wide.

I remember walking around downtown LA 2 years ago when the mid sole finally crumbled on me. A friend referred me to a guy that did restorations in the bay area. 4 weeks later, I'm glad to finally say these are back from the dead. Will be putting these on feet immediately.

IMG_1911 (1).jpg

I remember walking around downtown LA 2 years ago when the mid sole finally crumbled on me. A friend referred me to a guy that did restorations in the bay area. 4 weeks later, I'm glad to finally say these are back from the dead. Will be putting these on feet immediately.

IMG_1911 (1).jpg
Dope man. I love them safaris, it sucks Nike wanted to retro them with fur off a Lorax instead of keeping it OG

Probably said the same about the curry pack.
never under estimate the power of the "B'" swoosh.

like brother @unseen said, it, in itself is a hypebeast magnet. i didnt agree at first, but he was right

the mini swoosh pack as a whole seems to be more popular than the curry pack as well

Last edited:
A buddy scored these 88 Obsidians on eBay for the low. I can't believe the midsole is in such good shape. Amazing collection piece. Seller listed as Air Trainers bc they were in a replacement Air Trainer box. They had no clue what they had. Auction started at $40 and had 4 bids. :sick:

i always said that the nike release photos that you can pull up were never a great representation of what the original shape was. this is probably the best representation of what the original shape was back in 87/88 that i have seen in a long long time. it also gives good examples of the materials used now vs. the materials they used then. all of those make a difference and can never be replicated and produced for 110-130 USD. they could make a exact replica of the original, but they would be priced at 250 a pair. lol. and for that price, most wouldnt buy and they would line bargain bins before they were purchased. that, in itself, wouldnt do much to the bottom line...but the hype and free advertising that they would produce would be null and void and therefore a waste. nike has always been very high on the "free avertising" and "hype/buzz" model. but hey, i dont have to school you guys on that.

Last edited:

IMG_1911 (1).jpg

Who did the swap for you?

Gift from my last bespoke appointment. I just had the 3 consultants sign them for me.
IMG_20180903_164536_644.jpg

I've always wanted to do a bespoke I'm just worried that they like give you an hour for a session and rush you out of there... I've seen some really amazing pairs come out of the bespoke program. How was the overall experience?

Yeah...but it was DS...so idk.
That's pretty cool. I've seen some old ones from the London shop. Two different ones, both white and grey. They can get pricey. I didn't know they still had them. Pretty cool collection piece since they were never put in circulation. Can you snag a pic of the size tag when you get a chance?

my buddy just randomly sent me a photo of a pair of animals he picked up...
his buddy that use to work for sole classics here in columbus ohio gave him the hook up, $230
very jealous

Back
Top Bottom