THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

if we're all playing fantasy land: i would love to see some of the unreleased samples released.

these blank try ons being my most coveted.
try03.jpg

Mikee-Polo-Nike-Air-mAx-1-UTT-Sample.jpg

nike-air-max-1-cork-book-of-ones-mikee_polo.jpg

nike-air-max-1-newspaper-mikee_polo.jpg

nike-air-max-1-cork-book-of-ones-mikee_polo-1-600x600.jpg

Part of me don't really want them to retro every cool shoe done before - I'd rather new classics were created. For example, I think the Elephant Retro was nicely done, but has changed the perception of the original. I know it's a longstanding tradition of Nike to retro popular shoes (just think of how many times various Jordans have been retroed), but I'm still not entirely sure I love it. I'm probably a collector first, and a "wearer" second... that's probably why.

Man the Size? Am1 are straight flames...

I don't think they botched anything on the shoe, shape is fuego on mine. It's like they did a solid bespoke for a fraction of the price (if you were lucky getting for retail)

And if Nike was smart, they'd do this for the next three years for AMD...

AMD 2019: Viotech (to finish off the "atmos" trifecta)
AMD 2020: BRS (15 year anniversary)
AMD 2021: Have banging iD options with denim, cord, mini swoosh - put them up for $215 and we would still all bite on at least ONE pair even at that price as long as the options are as mentioned above

Love these...
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
if we're all playing fantasy land: i would love to see some of the unreleased samples released.

these blank try ons being my most coveted.
try03.jpg

Mikee-Polo-Nike-Air-mAx-1-UTT-Sample.jpg

nike-air-max-1-cork-book-of-ones-mikee_polo.jpg

nike-air-max-1-newspaper-mikee_polo.jpg

nike-air-max-1-cork-book-of-ones-mikee_polo-1-600x600.jpg

I love all these samples as well, bro... unfortunately me being a size 11 is a bit of a deterrent as far as going after them. Hasn't stopped me entirely, but makes it slightly less appealing. Funny how those 2006 Try-On from the 255 Studio have become such a desired commodity - considering what they were made for. I agree though, such a cool and clean model. Have you ever seen the 2007 Try-On from when the ID program was moved to NikeTown? Oddly, that one is actually quite a bit more difficult to find now.

I love all these samples as well, bro... unfortunately me being a size 11 is a bit of a deterrent as far as going after them. Hasn't stopped me entirely, but makes it slightly less appealing. Funny how those 2006 Try-On from the 255 Studio have become such a desired commodity - considering what they were made for. I agree though, such a cool and clean model. Have you ever seen the 2007 Try-On from when the ID program was moved to NikeTown? Oddly, that one is actually quite a bit more difficult to find now.
Didn't they make a "Try on" into a release? Maybe 2009 or 2010? It's the grey one with splatter paint on the heel.

the speckle joints from 2007 you speak of? those were the pair i was searching for when a group of us were doing some susu group buying. these and the silver midsole 180s from the same family are near impossible to find. if anyone can locate them, its you my friend.

411202_001.png.png

i still would like the blanks more because shape is slightly better but both are grail status.

Yes, 2009. After we had entered the dreaded Dark Age era.
Colorway isn't awful but the shape sure is. And it really doesn't make much sense. The whole "Try on" thing is cool when it's one of just a few pairs used in stores. Making it a release makes no sense. Cool colorway but the story attached is dumb.

the speckle joints from 2007 you speak of? those were the pair i was searching for when a group of us were doing some susu group buying. these and the silver midsole 180s from the same family are near impossible to find. if anyone can locate them, its you my friend.

411202_001.png.png

i still would like the blanks more because shape is slightly better but both are grail status.
I think that's the 2009/2010 pair that was released.

https://sneakernews.com/2010/02/12/nike-sportswear-air-max-1-try-on/

I don't think they botched anything on the shoe, shape is fuego on mine. It's like they did a solid bespoke for a fraction of the price (if you were lucky getting for retail)

AMD 2019: Viotech (to finish off the "atmo" trifecta)
AMD 2021: Have banging iD options with denim, cord, mini swoosh - put them up for $215 and we would still all bite on at least ONE pair even at that price as long as the options are as mentioned above

Love these...
Unknown.jpeg
Isn't it funny how styles often either look better worse in hand than on pictures? Or better or worse on foot, then in hand? I feel like the Sizefari is one of those that look much better in hand than on pictures. In photos it looks, imo, to have too much matching safari printed material, but in hand it seems more subtle. I think the black printed leather is less noticeable in hand than in photos - that's probably why. Either way, I agree - these are actually very nice.

Colorway isn't awful but the shape sure is. And it really doesn't make much sense. The whole "Try on" thing is cool when it's one of just a few pairs used in stores. Making it a release makes no sense. Cool colorway but the story attached is dumb.
Completely agree - doesn't really make sense to release a 'fake try-on'. If you want to talk about a silly attempt 'money-grabbing' of an idea, this would surely fall into that category.

411202_001.png.png

No, those are the ones generally referred to as the "2009 TryOn". Here's a pic of the 2007 Try-On. Basically identical to the 2006, except for the tongue (not hemmed/piped) and the warp mesh being different (these had the same mesh as the Pink Pack (Flamingo) for example). Also, the color was a bit darker overall... and the air unit too. Not similar at all, I guess (duh). I just meant as far as being overall monotone grey.
07_TyOn.jpg

Isn't it funny how styles often either look better worse in hand than on pictures? Or better or worse on foot, then in hand? I feel like the Sizefari is one of those that look much better in hand than on pictures. In photos it looks, imo, to have too much matching safari printed material, but in hand it seems more subtle. I think the black printed leather is less noticeable in hand than in photos - that's probably why. Either way, I agree - these are actually very nice.

You nailed it on the head with this pair.

Wayyyy better in hand than in pics. I would agree black leather is more subtle when you see them in person. I’d still like a second pair haha

"these and the silver midsole 180s from the same family are near impossible to find. if anyone can locate them, its you my friend. "

I don't know much about 180s (sorry), but if you want me to I can definitely keep my eyes open for a pair of those AM1s - size 9, right?

AMD 2019: Viotech (to finish off the "atmos" trifecta)

Love these...
Unknown.jpeg
Me getting rid of them was definitely a business decision even though I thought they were just "ok".

SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK thank you for the info. of course a re release of try on makes no sense, but thats why i said if we're playin fantasyland. i dont think we'll see any of the other mentioned. well maybe they could, who knows. id still rather see unreleased samples that anyone outside of a size 9 missed on over atmos, para and even brs stuff. thats just me tho.

d6U5MTC.png

singledout singledout

Dead lol

Back
Top Bottom