THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

UNDSed the Red Orbits for work today

478333A9-0FAA-4771-9A66-EAACFB65F764.jpeg

Such a HEALTHY mudguard on these!

Fwiw, I hope everyone knows this is all just fun and games. I realize nobody here gives a damn what I think. And I don't care what others like. Wear what you like. This is all just friendly back and forth for me. It's shoes, it not serious.

But 17 > 23 and anyone that says otherwise doesn't have 17s on ice and are trying to make themselves feel better about settling for 23s.

That has nothing to do with the changes to the upper.

Of course it does. If you're gonna make a drastic change to the bottom/midsole of a shoe, you have to account for and adjust the upper.

Point was, is that Tinker didn't just wake up one morning and was like....."You know what?....I'm gonna tweak the Air Max to make it look better because I don't like how I originally did it...." :lol:

Of course it does. If you're gonna make a drastic change to the bottom/midsole of a shoe, you have to account for and adjust the upper.

Point was, is that Tinker didn't just wake up one morning and was like....."You know what?....I'm gonna tweak the Air Max to make it look better because I don't like how I originally did it...." :lol:
💯

If anyone actually listened to the interviews Tinker has done, you know why it went the way it did.

Na they could have easily just shrank the airbag from 4 to 3 and left the rest the same. He didn't for a reason, the 87 looks better.

Actually, with the 3, I don't think it was him trying to make them look better. It was him trying to do a fully Jordan branded shoe.
Exactly. At that point he was trying to separate the two.

I love both versions and wear both. Best of both worlds. I think the Justin Timberlake versions are really nice.

Fwiw, I hope everyone knows this is all just fun and games. I realize nobody here gives a damn what I think. And I don't care what others like. Wear what you like. This is all just friendly back and forth for me. It's shoes, it not serious.

But 17 > 23 and anyone that says otherwise doesn't have 17s on ice and are trying to make themselves feel better about settling for 23s.

i wear my reds and royals regularly, but i'm still excited about the big bubbles, especially if they're bit wider than the '17s

lol he's selling the shoe. They did the same thing with the Air Max Zero. This pre-dates the 86 so is the true og og og?

nike-air-max-zero-first-look-8.jpg
The difference is the Air Max Zero didn’t release in the 80s, the Big Bubble Air Max did. How is he trying to sell the shoe when the shoe already released back then and it had air bag problems. They were forced to tweak it. Hey, enjoy your 87s. No one is changing your mind and no one is changing mine. 🤷‍♂️

The difference is the Air Max Zero didn’t release in the 80s, the Big Bubble Air Max did. How is he trying to sell the shoe when the shoe already released back then and it had air bag problems. They were forced to tweak it. Hey, enjoy your 87s. No one is changing your mind and no one is changing mine. 🤷‍♂️
It's 2023 and they need to sell the 86s. He's not going to come out and say "Yea the 86 looked like *** so I completely revamped the upper for the 87 bc the 86 was cheeks" in the build up to the 86 retro even if we all know that's the truth.

Oh they are wider, hut you get this nasty bulbous view from the top.

Not my pic*

IMG_20230322_155014.jpg
I was bout to say l like both molds equally, but if I had to choose I’m going 86…

But this pic made that a definite! I never liked the way the slimmer toebox looked when I looked down.

With that said, along with the OG colors, I hope they eventually do some retro+ colorways of the 86 as well

Back
Top Bottom