THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Lol perfect explanation @Modus47. Can't blame them though. Spending 1k on a sneaker with that many options, I think I would break down and start crying.

Thats why i think you gotta have a plan before going in for you bespoke appointment. I like the simple clean designs, you dont need more than thee colors man.  At the most 4 and thats being crazy.

I literally made a mock up on an app before I went in...totally helped me out bc I went in there and drooled at all the options and made this horrendous pair and then pulled up my mock on my phone and said lets keep it simple...hence why my appointment was longer than 2 hours because I basically made two pairs in one visit haha - wish I took a pic of the render of the horrendous pair to show

Lucky Greens today. If anyone knows where I can scoop some white laces with the green tips that are relatively close in the correct color let me know! Would love to put those in these bad boys since I only got the black pair.

Can anyone recommend any decent stores in LA? I'm looking to pick up a pair that I might not see so much of back in the UK.

too many to list but if you want rare, older releases hit up Flight club or Rif

fairfax has all the hype spots as well....supreme, bape, undftd, stussy

LA is a great city so enjoy yourself and explore

Lucky Greens today. If anyone knows where I can scoop some white laces with the green tips that are relatively close in the correct color let me know! Would love to put those in these bad boys since I only got the black pair.

200w.gif

So beautiful it hurts every time I see them. That's the only one I'm missing from the Patta 5th year Anniversary Pack.

Last edited:
No news on any new AM1 releases since April 18th, tjem i see this is being released for women. I swear Nike are getting real lazy with their designs lately, if you can create the design on an ID then g t f o with that ish

Last edited:
I've had 2 pairs of IDs ready to go for over 2 weeks now in my cart on Nike.com with a 20% coupon to go with it but I was waiting for Ebates.com to give me something better than 3% back. Now I finally get this. 15% back. Sounds like I can finally place my order on the 9th. Heck I may even throw together a 3rd pair if I can find the right inspiration. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
200w.gif

So beautiful it hurts every time I see them. That's the only one I'm missing from the Patta 5th year Anniversary Pack.

Haha now I'm only missing the purples! They're harder to find than I originally thought let me know if you see any in US11-11.5. What size you need luckys in?

Don't take it personal but to me that shape is awful. Sure, this toebox is more rounded off than of most regular 1s nowadays. But good shape is not only about the toebox.

Compare them to a decent looking pair from like 2004/5 and you'll see that the overall profile really ain't that similar.
But the first thing I noticed is the midsole, that is even worse than some of the Ultra shapes we see nowadays. Especially the front part, it's rather curvy (more than it should be), and the way the bottom edge of the midsole suddenly pulls up almost makes them look like Adidas Boosts and we all know how banana those midsoles are.

Don't take it personal but to me that shape is awful. Sure, this toebox is more rounded off than of most regular 1s nowadays. But good shape is not only about the toebox.

Compare them to a decent looking pair from like 2004/5 and you'll see that the overall profile really ain't that similar.
But the first thing I noticed is the midsole, that is even worse than some of the Ultra shapes we see nowadays. Especially the front part, it's rather curvy (more than it should be), and the way the bottom edge of the midsole suddenly pulls up almost makes them look like Adidas Boosts and we all know how banana those midsoles are.
i dont think we can ID 2004/5 shapes anymore? lol

i think its the angle of the pictures. once they are on feet they will look different. not as banana shape.

Maybe im missing something here, i never read about the inspiration behind 'The 6'  but what was the deal with the colorway? i saw Drakes dog the other day ha  and was like damn that looks like the 6 am1, am i on one here ot is there a connection

@DonJuanM

"Designed by Canadian Erin Cochrane, the Air Max 1 features a wide, white sole, a black leather body and waxed laces. The purple sockliner is inspired by the Aurora Borealis (you know, the Northern Lights), whereas the inside of the shoe features Toronto's most notable structure, the CN Tower, with the maple leaf and 'The 6' lining the shoe's tongue. But the sneaker's best feature? A special coating to protect your feet from the snow and slush during the winter. 

It doesn't get more Canadian than that.

So, why Toronto? The Toronto Star reports  that Nike chose the city because it "earned pop-culture accolades thanks to a cultural renaissance that spans sport, music and entertainment."

cant find an explanation as to why they blocked it like that.  tbh, this sneaker has so much detail in it but just misses the mark for me.  i had a chance to copp at retail but turned it down, and im not too disappointed.  

i just dont get a lot of it.  if its a winter show, made to stomp in the snow, why is the bottom all white?  rubberized coating or not, its going to get nasty.  i love all the materials, and all the detail, just not the color scheme and blocking. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom