THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I finally sacked up and wore them around the house for a little bit. Honestly they feel no different than brand new ones. Not stiff or brittle or anything. The bag compressed and came back like normal. The soles seem fine. The air bubbles were surprisingly clear to me. I couldn't be happier so far.

thats not a good sign, if that spot is bulging out they will crack

its just a matter of time there is too much weight pressing on the midsole

Last edited:

he clearly tried to hide the messy glue job he did on that custom, that upper is not suitable for AM1 the midsole but some people just dont get it

I did the best I could. Sorry its not up to your standards but that glue stain is as cleaned up as possible. The stain is from where the original sole was sitting.

But like you said, the upper is just not suitable for that midsole, but sometimes you just got to have some fun. Besides, the customer loved it and understands its art it wasn't going to be perfect.

Last edited:
I did the best I could. Sorry its not up to your standards but that glue stain is as cleaned up as possible. The stain is from where the original sole was sitting.

But like you said, the upper is just not suitable for that midsole, but sometimes you just got to have some fun. Besides, the customer loved it and understands its art it wasn't going to be perfect.
no need to apologize, im not the person that is gonna wear them and payed you for the custom job

thats not a good sign, if that spot is bulging out they will crack
its just a matter of time there is too much weight pressing on the midsole
Hopefully that's bc I'm bent over with all of my weight on that leg trying to snap a dang pic. It didn't bulge like that when I just walked in front of a mirror. Guess we'll see. This is my first older pair so I'm just happy they didn't turn to dust when I slipped my foot in.

Last edited:

I personally think they look awesome. You did a better job than anyone here could and I applaud you for it. What does something like that cost? I love that new pinkish multicolor racer that came out but don't like the sole. Would look sweet on an AM1 sole though.

To those who were first told that their Flyknit AM1 NikeID was postponed then cancelled shortly after, I suggest attempting to contact NikeID once again. I reached out to them via Twitter DM a few days ago and receive this email this morning:

Last edited:
Welcome to NT.

What an interesting and telling first comment and impression you've made.

Thanks!

NT helped me out with LCs and is always good for reliable infos, appreciate it! A little bit in the game since 2008 (AM1s and the 90s)!

With the 1st comment I agreed AMD, do not like soleswaps like this. PP

To those who were first told that their Flyknit AM1 NikeID was postponed then cancelled shortly after, I suggest attempting to contact NikeID once again. I reached out to them via Twitter DM a few days ago and receive this email this morning:

This was confirmed to me and my wife last night via phone by a Elite Manager.

He did not say that we will get them free, although he did say that they will still send them out.
I assume they will be free....if they do indeed send them. It's not like they can or would authorize any more billing to our cc.

Mine are scheduled to ship on or before the 21st. We'll see.

Nike has to release held funds or produce a product by a certain point in time. This is why they were cancelled.....due to time constraints caused by material shortages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom