THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

damn thinkng of pulling the trigger on a pair. i dont see a lot of people hit. stock doesnt look plentyful. might only go down a little. solestage and rifla has them for 400-450 but iono if they ship.

damn thinkng of pulling the trigger on a pair. i dont see a lot of people hit. stock doesnt look plentyful. might only go down a little. solestage and rifla has them for 400-450 but iono if they ship.

Stock isn't plentiful because a majority aren't in hand yet. Wait til everyone receives their pairs and hype dies down. You'll see these at $300-350 range guaranteed.

So they redid the front in SW's van for ten pairs? I don't believe that

They used Saturday as an excuse and they backdoored most of them. People lined up Monday morning and they acted like they weren't releasing them at all.
Pretty much. Idk if it was in here or just on Twitter but somebody recorded them taking boxes and boxes and putting them in a few cars after they sent people away

Either way I don't shop there anymore so I no longer care for the antics :lol:

Stock isn't plentiful because a majority aren't in hand yet. Wait til everyone receives their pairs and hype dies down. You'll see these at $300-350 range guaranteed.

Not disagreeing that prices will go down when online orders get in hand because they definitely will, but it's pretty rare to see prices increase on release day

Release day = more irrational impulse buys from people who missed. Often, that is the worst day as a buyer.

Early pairs = really high prices
Release day = prices usually dip a bit
A week later = prices dip heavily

This is how majority of hyped releases have gone lately. So it's very odd to see prices increase on release day.

Going to the on air gallery in NYC today when I leave the office to check out the artists they’re featuring. Went last night to the event but I didn’t really get a chance to walk around much. Anyone else going today?

Amazing that people don't understand basic economics.

As more and more sellers receive their shoes, the price has to come down.

Please don't believe the reseller when it says "FINAL DISCOUNT" on Grailed.

Sometimes demand goes up more than supply as well man. That raises the equilibrium point (price). Or if they both raise equally, the price stays flat.

Some Basic Hypenomics for y'all

I just wish I could've grabbed the extra accessories too like the More Air tee and packages. Wasn't feeling the nike tee that dropped and don't like to wear 6 panel hats

Why no “Vote For Shoes You Won’t Be Able To Buy” this year?

That's coming soon. Entry was open to the public this year and those whose applications were selected are in NYC designing the shoes this week. They will all be NYC themed according to the application.

Once designs are done, Nike will put them online for people will vote for the shoe that will eventually be released next air max day.

frankwh1te frankwh1te how you do my guy? lock down a pair of the 97/1???

more L’s were dealt my way this past wknd than I blazed all yr......

but....

the homie & realest m’fer around @troyaleksander ooped me a sz12 :nthat:

so as it stands I’m looking to trade or sell that for my sz13 but getting any pair is way better than none.

so on a whole for this yrs air max day bs I ended up w/a sz13 animal 1 & a sz12 neckbeard...

not too bad for an old head like myself that lives in bumfvk nowhere, a good 150+ miles from the nearest boutique sneaker shop and has zero clue how to set a page monitor on a website to know when stuff restocks.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing that prices will go down when online orders get in hand because they definitely will, but it's pretty rare to see prices increase on release day
Actually it's very common. People freak when they miss on SNKRS so they run to StockX and buy. Prices go up. 3 days later all pairs get delivered and it comes down. Rinse and repeat every week.

$350-$400 whatever. I just want to make sure I don't buy resell and realize it's a size too big.

Where all they on feet people at?

Do anyone else’s Atmos have a strong glue/chemical smell? Just got a pair from StockX and there is some serious synthetic odor coming off of them.

Actually it's very common. People freak when they miss on SNKRS so they run to StockX and buy. Prices go up. 3 days later all pairs get delivered and it comes down. Rinse and repeat every week.

Not really though. In store pickups on release day usually mean prices drop below the extremely jacked up prices of the few early pairs that were available before release. Typically if a reseller has an early pair, selling it before release date would get them the highest price. That has not been the case with the week or so leading up to the 97/1s. If you look at any yeezy or jordan release from the past few months they've all dipped heavily on release day.

Back
Top Bottom