THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Talk about a crazy night. Usually do my weekly sneaker run on Saturday mornings, but went on this random Tuesday night before just closing time and along my homie who is in town visiting. Anyway, I ask my guy what he had for me and dude goes to the back and brings out the first two joints. My jaw dropped cause I was seriously thinking about ordering them just yesterday on Nike.com. Went ahead and copped the jewels too. And even better the prices were ridiculous. Paid less than $60 for each. I left behind two pairs of AM90s tonight cause I woulda only been copping em cause they were cheap. Aside from taking Ls with the animal pack and Witherspoons, I been a crazy hot streak with AM1s over the past 3-4 weeks with so many hot kicks for low low prices
7677616A-1995-49C0-B234-8DD072D4F7BD.jpeg

Yeahhhh Nike are fast, 48 hours after ordering they have already started the realization of my last pair of ID (first time I had to wait 10 days to get this first message)

French chronopost also ensures, despite the strike in France he respects the delivery in 24h (cool he delivers me there after the women obsidian), good day for me, I will make this obsidian my pair of every day (Anniversary i keep for later)

IMG_5781.jpg https://blog.netmagnetism.com/2018/04/02/so-thats-why-i-couldnt-get-a-pair-explained/

Interesting read on hoarding pairs (market risk)
I personally don't care for this guy or group of guys bc I feel like they overprice their stuff but more power to them bc I guess ppl like overpaying when they could just do a little digging/have a little patience and find stuff way cheaper. it's an interesting take.
i'll go ahead and assume that he has 20 pairs of atmos elephants on hand (16 pictured) and again assume that he paid an average of 400 bucks a pair...

thats 8000 bucks total. money spent, because if he placed them on a cc he would be accruing interest. if he sells now, he could get what? 500 a pair? 25% increase. so with a total of 8000 spent, if he sold today, he'd make 2000? thats a horrible ROI! even if he doubled up and made 8k off 8k spent, he'd have to wait a year to make 8k?

imo, thats hustling backwards.

spend 8k on inventory that you have to sit on for a year or more just to get an ROI of 25%? come on now

Yes it’s boring seeing the same shoe repeatedly but I somehow lucked out and was blessed with these for retail. They really are a modern classic. One thing I can see Nike doing is releasing the sample colour ways because as we all know Nike and sneakerheads love a story!
On fit, I’d agree with the general consensus & say size .5 down.

370A8939-9FB6-4AC1-86A7-0864466DE16B.jpeg

i'll go ahead and assume that he has 20 pairs of atmos elephants on hand (16 pictured) and again assume that he paid an average of 400 bucks a pair...

thats 8000 bucks total. money spent, because if he placed them on a cc he would be accruing interest. if he sells now, he could get what? 500 a pair? 25% increase. so with a total of 8000 spent, if he sold today, he'd make 2000? thats a horrible ROI! even if he doubled up and made 8k off 8k spent, he'd have to wait a year to make 8k?

spend 8k on inventory that you have to sit on for a year or more just to get an ROI of 25%? come on now
25% profit in 1 year is horrible ROI? What are you investing in that's consistently getting a better ROI? Let me in on it.

Yep, dont forget the hours spent accruing the shoes themselves and whatever comes after like shipping and time spent selling. It comes out to like a dime an hour lol

The most practical way to deal with the situation is either wear something you know has a lot of popular value due to the resell price and be happy to rock something they cant

or keep them on ice and when a rainy day happens you can sell that pair off and longer you wait the bigger the problem that can get solved with them like rent or something..

Yep, dont forget the hours spent accruing the shoes themselves and whatever comes after like shipping and time spent selling. It comes out to like a dime an hour lol

The most practical way to deal with the situation is either wear something you know has a lot of popular value due to the resell price and be happy to rock something they cant

or keep them on ice and when a rainy day happens you can sell that pair off and longer you wait the bigger the problem that can get solved with them like rent or something..
In that scenario hes just paying resell. Hes not chasing pairs at retail. I could buy 20 SW for $550 in 10 minutes right now. If they go to $700 this time next year, that's a 30% ROI. Not bad for 10 minutes work and waiting a year. Any financial advisor on the planet would tell you to make that investment.

Yes it’s boring seeing the same shoe repeatedly but I somehow lucked out and was blessed with these for retail. They really are a modern classic. One thing I can see Nike doing is releasing the sample colour ways because as we all know Nike and sneakerheads love a story!
On fit, I’d agree with the general consensus & say size .5 down.

370A8939-9FB6-4AC1-86A7-0864466DE16B.jpeg

I am quite sure that we will see another Sean Wotherspoon collaboration like the staple pigeon 2.0. It will may be years to come, but most likely more available too. Im.seriously considering moving my FTL 3s for another pair of these or the atmos elephant 1s.

Was checking the 1/97s out on StockX and the price for these goes up an average $5 a day it since last week.

By the time summer roles around these might be worth close to $1000.

The crazy part is, if this was a general release the price would fall to $180 tops and hold steady at that price-point. The resale market for this sneaker is price gauging without any reasoning behind it.

In that scenario hes just paying resell. Hes not chasing pairs at retail. I could buy 20 SW for $550 in 10 minutes right now. If they go to $700 this time next year, that's a 30% ROI. Not bad for 10 minutes work and waiting a year. Any financial advisor on the planet would tell you to make that investment.

/\ this 1000%.
if you're getting 20-30% return on something in a year, that's better than alot of the best performing stocks (best performing as in consistent YoY return, not random spikes from speculation like BitCoin).

Back
Top Bottom