THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Would you describe the color of the Mystics as more burgundy like it looks in many pictures, or more brown like it was noted in the shoe blogs?

I would call them more burgundy, personally. It is a tough color to see its "true color" in pictures, but when I pulled them out of the box I would still think of them as burgundy compared to brown.

But then again.... comparing them to cherrywoods, they're not really as burgundy ha.

I'll take some pics later with some other shoes next to them for comparison.

Mystics and Sage just arrived. Definitely worth scooping off the bay right now (assuming the worst with no US drop)

Initially I liked sage more, but once I got them in hand I would say mytics may beat them out by a hair.

Swoosh leather is superrr soft, and toebox is somewhat similar to atmos cement

thumbnail_IMG_8536.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8538.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8539.jpg

that leather looks crazy I like it.. Thanks for posting that. At least now we know it isnt No plasticy leather

Not sure I should pull the trigger on a local size 10 anniversary oranges for $185... already paid $200 locally for the evergreen pair a month ago or so.

Not too bad of a price. Buy now talk later

that leather looks crazy I like it.. Thanks for posting that. At least now we know it isnt No plasticy leather

Not too bad of a price. Buy now talk later
its synthetic on the grey parts. nike just go all out and give us proper leather for the whole sneaker. if Aldo can give us that at $50 bucks

its synthetic on the grey parts. nike just go all out and give us proper leather for the whole sneaker. if Aldo can give us that at $50 bucks
I don't get your beef, man. Do you just sit at home and poke your shoes all day or do you actually go out and wear them? These are mass produced sneakers meant for casual wear like going to the grocery store or walking in a park. There are other brands that make higher quality footwear if you so desire. I'd recommend made in USA/UK New Balances for sneakers; better materials although you'll still find glue stains because they're mass produced sneakers. For shoes and boots there are countless brands like Yuketen, Paraboot, Wolverine, Frye, Viberg, Hender Scheme, Visvim, too many more to count. You should know by now what you're getting with Nike.

I don't get your beef, man. Do you just sit at home and poke your shoes all day or do you actually go out and wear them? These are mass produced sneakers meant for casual wear like going to the grocery store or walking in a park. There are other brands that make higher quality footwear if you so desire. I'd recommend made in USA/UK New Balances for sneakers; better materials although you'll still find glue stains because they're mass produced sneakers. For shoes and boots there are countless brands like Yuketen, Paraboot, Wolverine, Frye, Viberg, Hender Scheme, Visvim, too many more to count. You should know by now what you're getting with Nike.
Currently we've all been sitting at home unless you trumpin around. There's something to be said about the quality. you're paying for it might as well expect the company to deliver. theres no reason for nb not to slap half decent materials on their made in usas, nike could do the same is all im saying. Nike had a better product in 03, what's changed. its the same sneaker. for 140 retail, im expecting something half decent. maybe im picky. its the same reason why OG Jordan heads cry about toe box shapes or the quality aint all that, or the sneaker isn't the same as the og models. don't even get me started on the limeades. anyways enjoy your sneakers.

Safe to say we won't see a bigger release on NDC for the greens and oranges?

Also, who is the ebay seller you guys are talking about for the mystics and sages?

Currently we've all been sitting at home unless you trumpin around. There's something to be said about the quality. you're paying for it might as well expect the company to deliver. theres no reason for nb not to slap half decent materials on their made in usas, nike could do the same is all im saying. Nike had a better product in 03, what's changed. its the same sneaker. for 140 retail, im expecting something half decent. maybe im picky. its the same reason why OG Jordan heads cry about toe box shapes or the quality aint all that, or the sneaker isn't the same as the og models. don't even get me started on the limeades. anyways enjoy your sneakers.
They'd be way more than $140 if they kept the same quality. 90s were $110 in 1990. That's equivalent to $225 today. Id be ok with it but a lot of people already complain about retail now.

we all want sneaker quality to be amazing and great, but honestly these companies know the shoes will sell regardless of the price they set and if they have QC issues or not

if you have to nitpick every tiny thing about mass produced shoes, maybe you should spend your money elsewhere. at the end of the day, gotta remember these are just shoes

They'd be way more than $140 if they kept the same quality. 90s were $110 in 1990. That's equivalent to $225 today. Id be ok with it but a lot of people already complain about retail now.
Nike should drop 2 models of OG retros in a similar fashion as Apple does with iPhones (11 and 11 pro for example). Give those who want a little more quality a higher priced product, and then those who still want a good shoe but don’t care for premium quality/materials a lower priced model. Would maybe help make sure everyone gets a pair who truly wants the shoe

Nike should drop 2 models of OG retros in a similar fashion as Apple does with iPhones (11 and 11 pro for example). Give those who want a little more quality a higher priced product, and then those who still want a good shoe but don’t care for premium quality/materials a lower priced model. Would maybe help make sure everyone gets a pair who truly wants the shoe
Id be ok with that. They kinda did that with the Denham am1. The 90 and the 95 had similar materials outside of the insole though so weird the 87 was so much more expensive. But yea I'd be cool with that. Make all the gr's they want with cheap materials at $140 and then have 6-8 high end pairs a year with premium materials that retail for $250.

Id be ok with that. They kinda did that with the Denham am1. The 90 and the 95 had similar materials outside of the insole though so weird the 87 was so much more expensive. But yea I'd be cool with that. Make all the gr's they want with cheap materials at $140 and then have 6-8 high end pairs a year with premium materials that retail for $250.
My exact sentiments... we can only wish for this lol

really thought JB was going to do this back when they started the BIN series.

we all want sneaker quality to be amazing and great, but honestly these companies know the shoes will sell regardless of the price they set and if they have QC issues or not

if you have to nitpick every tiny thing about mass produced shoes, maybe you should spend your money elsewhere. at the end of the day, gotta remember these are just shoes

Kind of agree, but we also see other smaller brands able to put out shoes with really solid and sometimes premium materials at the same/lower price point. I don't pretend to know how the manufacturing side works, but I'm just guessing nike has a better chance of bulk buying these materials at a lower price than smaller companies.

Is this the seller you guys got your mystics from? $170 shipped doesn’t seem bad

I think most got them from someone else. The other guy was $400 for both shipped. I got both from this guy for $340. Feel better about it at that price lol

Since 1990, the world has changed so much we cannot just take the 1+inflation factor, slap it on the 90s price and call this the supposed price of today.

Marketing has changed, mass production has changed, shipping has changed, sales platforms has changed... Those sectors heavily impact the prices and all of these were made a lot more efficient during the last 30 years.

The 225$-140$=85$ difference is more likely due to the gain of efficiency than to Nike wanting to be kind with its customers and not adjusting the price to inflation factor. I'm even sure that you took the profit on one pair in 1990 < its inflated value in 2020, so Nike is winning on both sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: 907
Back
Top Bottom