THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Got me 2 pairs of big bubbles….anyhoo, waiting for takeaway
79E352FD-3AA2-4865-82E6-7EBA38F61B3C.jpeg

I was on the fence of copping the BB but after hearing the story behind it and how they’re more comfortable, I think I’m going to cop

Learn something new every day. I've seen Japan only associated with them many times for years. Appreciate the knowledge.
I also never knew they were sold outside of Japan. But at the same time, I can at least say these blogs contains full of wrong info tho. Urawa Reds, the soccer team (formerly, Urawa Red Diamonds) were never called as Dragons or something and the heel embroidery is supposed to be an eel. Eel is called “Unagi” here in Japan. And since the city of Urawa was famous for the nice eel food couple of centuries ago while “U” also happens to be the starting letter for the name of the city (Urawa), the designer created an illustration of eel which looks like “う” (“U” in hiragana character)…

Such a bummer. These are noticeably longer and taller than any Air Max I’ve ever owned. Combined with the sleek design and long bubble - they end up looking gigantic. Like a full two sizes bigger imo. When I opened the box, I thought for sure Nike sent me the wrong size.

I’m going to return them and try for a half size down on Sunday. I would offer my pair to an NT regular, but it also came with ugly toe box creases. What a huge personal disappointment. These were my most anticipated sneaker of the year, but I don’t think they’re going to work out for me.

Edit: The materials are also underwhelming. The color seems off, it’s really bright compared to anniversaries. Is this shade of red more true to OG?

I bought them in store at Concepts OG Cambridge location the day they released.

Dude in the review probably read the same article you linked, because we know dude 'wasn't there'. :lol:...as most of these cats we see nowaday weren't.
available at huf sf (RIP) back then as well.

Just found out about the Prism Pink pair of am1s. But don’t see it much on Goat or stockx. I found it’s a women pair but any story on this pair. The pink suede-ish with gum bottoms.

Back
Top Bottom