The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Where... In... The... Hell... Is ...My ...Tokyo Ghoul...........?
I believe chapter 130 comes out on Saturday. While we're on the subject...

Touka's pregnant with Kaneki's child?! :wow:
That's also a potential death flag... :nerd:

Im just tired of them having talks of season 3 being delayed.... Not realeasing etc. **** mad corny.

Edit:
I am now invested in Shoto
I hope he is the Sasuke of the series
Very disappointed in ep 25.
Feel bad for Bakugo.
Ima have to read the manga now because I'm really not feeling how this anime is going

Prison school.
Gakuto need to stop playing now and get them easy yambs.

Last edited:
Berserk
We finally get to the cusp of solving one of the core plot points in the series only to be met with a hiatus until winter. :lol:
It was a cool chapter though. I wonder what they'll have to do (or endure) in order to get the last part of Casca's psyche. And maybe after that we'll find out what Skull Knight meant when he told Guts that what Casca wants might not be what Guts wants.

Oh, and Mozgus eats Phlalluses confirmed. :lol:

I'm behind on Berserk. It takes forever for the story to progress. When will he finally cut griffin's zesty head off? Season 6?

The only thing with bakugo is no matter how much of a ******* he is he delivers what he promises which makes him even more frustrating lol

I'm behind on Berserk. It takes forever for the story to progress. When will he finally cut griffin's zesty head off? Season 6?
Come back in another 20 years maybe. Berserk has been going on since 1989 and the manga is only maybe 2-3 arcs ahead of where this new anime is

The author maybe puts out 2-3 chapters a year. I started reading the manga in 2007 and it was at this point where the anime is now

Guts and crew were on a boat from around 2006-2015. That's how infrequent the manga is

Last edited:

Come back in another 20 years maybe. Berserk has been going on since 1989 and the manga is only maybe 2-3 arcs ahead of where this new anime is

The author maybe puts out 2-3 chapters a year. I started reading the manga in 2007 and it was at this point where the anime is now

Guts and crew were on a boat from around 2006-2015. That's how infrequent the manga is
Sounds worse than Hiatus x Hiatus 
laugh.gif

binged a bit of My hero Academia on chapter 74 .
still not truly captivated by it. Stain was cool, liked his ideals.
it's good but def not new top 3 imo.

binged a bit of My hero Academia on chapter 74 .
still not truly captivated by it. Stain was cool, liked his ideals.
it's good but def not new top 3 imo.
mha is a weird animal. Like it has all the intangibles of being great. The supporting cast is actually better than most shounen by. Big margin. Yet it's just missing some kind of spark maybe it's the villains just aren't threatening enough or the world needs more fleshing out. It's just not as you said, captivating

mha is a weird animal. Like it has all the intangibles of being great. The supporting cast is actually better than most shounen by. Big margin. Yet it's just missing some kind of spark maybe it's the villains just aren't threatening enough or the world needs more fleshing out. It's just not as you said, captivating
It doesn't have its BIG BAD yet if MHA was X-men there's no magneto no Blackbeard no aizen no real existential threat to our characters

To me beta bakudo is a high school villain. I just want to see Midoriya walk up to him in class one day and slap the hell out of him with his quirk.

What the hell? The new Gundam Twilight Axis is only a couple 3 minute long episodes and an 8-minute finale? Thats disappointing.

It doesn't have its BIG BAD yet if MHA was X-men there's no magneto no Blackbeard no aizen no real existential threat to our characters

this is part of it, and another problem is doing event after event with these small foes.
Like if we have all this "down time" lets get some more back stories. their back stories arent even full chapters...
again im only on 70 and only know Deku, a little of Shoto, a little of ida.
and i dont know if it was just me but i had to read the origin of one for all and all for one like 3 times and still don't fully understand the back story to it

this is part of it, and another problem is doing event after event with these small foes.
Like if we have all this "down time" lets get some more back stories. their back stories arent even full chapters...
again im only on 70 and only know Deku, a little of Shoto, a little of ida.
and i dont know if it was just me but i had to read the origin of one for all and all for one like 3 times and still don't fully understand the back story to it

Yeah they do a very poor job of explaining it and when they do there's still holes. Basically the main villains power is All for One. Which allows him to steal powers/quirks from other heroes.

All for one had a younger brother. He somehow was able to forcibly give the younger brother one of the powers he stole. That quirk was to stockpile other quirks. So think about it as All for one uses his younger brother as a bank and deposits quirks. Then he can take them back at any time he sees fit

Now the Younger brother had a secret quirk. His quirk allows him to pass itself into another person. Ex. He could pass on the passing on quirk to somebody else. Fairly useless. But what happened is it mutated with the stockpile quirk, becoming One for All

So essentially All Mights power isn't just super strength. It's just that it hasn't stockpiled enough other powers etc. for example if All Might would've given One for all to Bakugo, then bakugo could've passed on the super strength as well as the explosions etc

But where this all falls apart is, how did All for One transfer the stockpile power? That's not really explained.

Basically one for all and all for one are the same power. Except one steals the other inherits.

Last edited:
Little Witch Academia is over, but what a great ending. Definitely top 10 for me. :pimp:
That missile chase / battle was probably some of the best Studio Trigger animation I've seen. Very well put together.
Here's hoping that they do more with this series. I would love to see more.

That one broom came back after travelling around the world just in time to save the day. And Constanze had the last words. :lol:
And it doesnt really feel right if a Trigger anime doesn't go to space. I'm glad they at least made it to the upper atmosphere so we can catch a glimpse if it. :lol:
:pimp:

Last edited:
Tower of God
So, the big twist is that Gustang is back. If you don't remember him, he's the head of the Po Bidau family, and the one who stopped Madoraco at the Workshop battle. He obviously has some issue with Zahard if he's actively supporting Baam. His connection with Garam, means it's probably related to his daughter Enne. I wonder if it's freeing her or getting revenge for her. 
This dude white has 0 luck, but I don't think he'll lose the souls he just absorbed this quickly, either. If he does though and the bodies on the FoD reanimate, I'd like to see Urek and Joe finish their conversation. We were about to hear Urek talk about how to achieve your goals the right way, even if you don't have the talent or power. Rachel is the example of how to do it the wrong way. It could also be interesting to see Rachel experience what Joe just did, having power to achieve your goal and then losing it and seeing if you can still be motivated to keep going. 

I wonder if he'll encounter Baam or is it too soon for that? 

Hwa Ryun has been having a rough go of it lately. It also seems as if she's having a harder time staying close to Baam as he's changing so rapid, both in power and ideals. Maybe they need some bonding time. But at this point that can be said about a lot of people.

I feel like SIU could make a lot more happen if he wanted to, like he has a lot of room to play with, but it also feel like he wants to go ahead and close the arc as well. 

No chapter next week by the way.

Back
Top Bottom