The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Yah I was really reading about it today, apparently funimation owns the right to it
gangstas been pretty much dead in the water last time I checked the mangaka had been in the hospital for months and the manga is barely ahead of where the anime ends

Are those coming back? I thought people said there was a problem with the Gangsta animation studio shutting down or being bought.
Gangsta is dead for now and the Dungeon yambs spinoff is going well right now.

What's the spinoff? Is it just manga or is there an anime too?

I forgot to check if that unlimited bladeworks movie ever released. Just checked and it releases in October.

Last edited:

Tower of God
So, the big twist is that Gustang is back. If you don't remember him, he's the head of the Po Bidau family, and the one who stopped Madoraco at the Workshop battle. He obviously has some issue with Zahard if he's actively supporting Baam. His connection with Garam, means it's probably related to his daughter Enne. I wonder if it's freeing her or getting revenge for her. 
This dude white has 0 luck, but I don't think he'll lose the souls he just absorbed this quickly, either. If he does though and the bodies on the FoD reanimate, I'd like to see Urek and Joe finish their conversation. We were about to hear Urek talk about how to achieve your goals the right way, even if you don't have the talent or power. Rachel is the example of how to do it the wrong way. It could also be interesting to see Rachel experience what Joe just did, having power to achieve your goal and then losing it and seeing if you can still be motivated to keep going. 

I wonder if he'll encounter Baam or is it too soon for that? 

Hwa Ryun has been having a rough go of it lately. It also seems as if she's having a harder time staying close to Baam as he's changing so rapid, both in power and ideals. Maybe they need some bonding time. But at this point that can be said about a lot of people.

I feel like SIU could make a lot more happen if he wanted to, like he has a lot of room to play with, but it also feel like he wants to go ahead and close the arc as well. 

No chapter next week by the way.
Yeah there was no way I was remembering who that guy was. They introduced him like I was supposed to but it's been a while 
laugh.gif

What's the spinoff? Is it just manga or is there an anime too?

I forgot to check if that unlimited bladeworks movie ever released. Just checked and it releases in October.
it's called Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

It follows Aiz Wallenstein and the Loki Familia through their adventures in the city and the dungeon. This series also parallels the first season, so Bell and Aiz's encounters are shown but from her side this time around. It's pretty neat seeing what the Loki Familia goes through in the deeper levels of the dungeon, as well as seeing some of the things that were mentioned about them in the first series expanded upon. There is a manga, but I believe its up to the part where Aiz and co. watch Bell fight the Minotaur (the anime passed that part a few episodes ago).

Yeah there was no way I was remembering who that guy was. They introduced him like I was supposed to but it's been a while 
laugh.gif
Haha yeah, I don't think most people remember him cause he was shown so far back and so suddenly. But I think he's the only family leader we've seen active in the current story, so it's supposed to be a huge deal.

Can they bring back gangsta and how to pick up girls in a dungeon already??? :smh:

Are those coming back? I thought people said there was a problem with the Gangsta animation studio shutting down or being bought.
The gangsta anime studio **** down but the real issues was that the manga was in hiatus. It started up again this month. So while there will likely be a season 2, not anytime soon

Dungeons suffers the curse of being a light novel. It's always a toss up as to whether or not they get continued as an anime. Konosuba actually has gotten a second season which is a good sign but stuff like Rokka and the braves is still in the air. It really has to do with a combo of the anime has to do a good job of selling more light novels for their to be any interest in more seasons and also where the light novel is in terms of content. A 12 episode anime uses a lot of content from a light novel in comparison to a manga

One Piece

You know, I never thought I'd actually like Bege until now. He really cares about his family and his crew, and that's respectable.
And the Germa 66 are finally doin something and fighting back. But of course Luffy and Sanji are the real MVPs. Helping the Germa even when they said that they wouldnt. :lol:
I cant wait to see the look on the Germa's faces when they see that Sanji has surpassed them. :lol:

One Piece

You know, I never thought I'd actually like Bege until now. He really cares about his family and his crew, and that's respectable.
And the Germa 66 are finally doin something and fighting back. But of course Luffy and Sanji are the real MVPs. Helping the Germa even when they said that they wouldnt. :lol:
I cant wait to see the look on the Germa's faces when they see that Sanji has surpassed them. :lol:

expected nothing less of those lovable idiots lol

So Im practically caught up with MHA. I'm sure i figured out why it's not exactly working for me. The pace goes from Fast to slow. its not well organized. It also seems like he misses so many opportunities to either explain things better (maybe it's a translation thing) or progress things further. 144 chapters in and we're just to where we are, I feel like he's trying to handle too many characters. a bit of a Naruto shippudden feel.

Another thing is the character powers. The designs for most are plain and normal, but the powers are lack luster or not well explained. unlike one piece where crazy designs and crazy powers work well. idk .
MHA certainly has the potential, but it's just falling short for me.

Stain may have very well been the best part of the Manga so far.

Pick up any cool things
As much as I crap on Mha I wouldn't mind a poster and some trinkets

Pick up any cool things
As much as I crap on Mha I wouldn't mind a poster and some trinkets
Nothing to write home about. I tried to pick up the stuff I want able to get last year and of course those same things sell out in minutes. :lol:

OP

One of the littest scenes in OP!! This arc had so much potential man :smh: wasn't executed the best but honestly so many cool things happened. If the fight didn't drag on this would be a top 3 arc honestly could be the best

Dressrosa will be held in higher regard when new readers are able to binge through it.

Ur right I kinda wanna go through it again. So many dope things happened. I'll never forget reading the manga that year though. Extra lit

That new Attack on Titan Chapter 
nerd.gif

WE KNOW THE 9TH THE WAR HAMMER TITAN DAT NAME 
giphy.gif

One Piece

Luffy still hasn't learned how to not take the bait. :lol: :smh:
And everyone went down like nothing. It was kinda surprising.
So my guess is that the chest was a fake, unless the explosives were always a royal family treasure. :lol:
Oh, and Stussy being a part of CP-0 was the biggest surprise this chapter. I wonder how she will play into this arc now.

One Piece

Luffy still hasn't learned how to not take the bait. :lol: :smh:
And everyone went down like nothing. It was kinda surprising.
So my guess is that the chest was a fake, unless the explosives were always a royal family treasure. :lol:
Oh, and Stussy being a part of CP-0 was the biggest surprise this chapter. I wonder how she will play into this arc now.

U don't remember on fishman island? They swapped the tamatebako box out for a bomb

Back
Top Bottom