The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I just wanted to say that Watching Castlevania with a Japanese Dub and English Subs is :pimp:

Castlevania was ok

Honestly a bit boring

Really? I enjoyed it quite a bit. There's a decent amount of exposition though, so maybe that's why you felt that way. My only gripe at it is that it was only 4 episodes.

Just started The Irregular At Magic High School and I understand why one of my friends said she couldn't get past the first few episodes. I'm only on episode 2 and it seems pretty clear that the main character (The main male character anyways) is some never before seen type genius **** like Light Yagami :lol: Guys like that typically don't make for good protagonists unless they end up having some major character flaws to balance it out.

Castlevania was ok

Honestly a bit boring

Really? I enjoyed it quite a bit. There's a decent amount of exposition though, so maybe that's why you felt that way. My only gripe at it is that it was only 4 episodes.

Just started The Irregular At Magic High School and I understand why one of my friends said she couldn't get past the first few episodes. I'm only on episode 2 and it seems pretty clear that the main character (The main male character anyways) is some never before seen type genius **** like Light Yagami :lol: Guys like that typically don't make for good protagonists unless they end up having some major character flaws to balance it out.
It's light novel garbge but sometimes you just gotta enjoy the power fantasy ride. He's the strongest and gets all the girls. Even his sister

Last edited:
We in the new season of anime?

Yessir :pimp:

Anybody seeing anything promising so far?

I just watched the first two episodes of Kakegurui because of 2sap's post (and without initially realizing it, one of that Gigguk cat's manga recommendation videos from a month or two ago), and it looks pretty entertaining. All of the fanservice is lame to me, but I see potential for it if the gambling gets into deeper, more strategic stuff than these first two matches were.

Not a fan of these type of "wit" battles where we just sit there for 20 minutes until they reveal the trick/method of victory though so if I stick with it, it'd be a mindless watch until/unless they start dropping breadcrumbs along the way for observant watchers to pick up on.

Also, what were some series that you guys were feeling all the way through to the end last season? I never saw anyone mention Seikaisuru Kado but it was one of the ones that stood out for me (although the ending dulled it a little for me.) Had a very cool premise and I'd love to see another series in a similar vein that follows through on the initial direction.

Last edited:
Yessir :pimp:

Anybody seeing anything promising so far?

I just watched the first two episodes of Kakegurui because of 2sap's post (and without initially realizing it, one of that Gigguk cat's manga recommendation videos from a month or two ago), and it looks pretty entertaining. All of the fanservice is lame to me, but I see potential for it if the gambling gets into deeper, more strategic stuff than these first two matches were.

Not a fan of these type of "wit" battles where we just sit there for 20 minutes until they reveal the trick/method of victory though so if I stick with it, it'd be a mindless watch until/unless they start dropping breadcrumbs along the way for observant watchers to pick up on.

Also, what were some series that you guys were feeling all the way through to the end last season?
Dude, Kakegurui has some of the most expressive faces I've ever seen. It makes Re:Zero look tame. Hell, it makes certain "otHer" anime look tame by comparison. :lol:
I decided to binge read the manga after the second episode and it does get interesting. There are some rather "colorful" characters that are going to be coming soon. :lol:

Some other new stuff I'm currently watching/giving the 3 episode rule are:
Fate: Apocrypha
Nana Maru San Batsu
Princess Principal
Symphogear AXZ (Because **** you that's why) :lol:
Owarimonigatari 2nd season (still waiting for this to air)
Dive!! (Haven't seen the first episode yet, but I did see Free!! back when it was airing so i might give this a shot :lol:)
Gamers! (waiting for it to air)

As for last season's stuff, I really enjoyed Little Witch Academia. I'm also still watching RE: Creators (real solid anime worth watching) and MHA S2.

Dude, Kakegurui has some of the most expressive faces I've ever seen. It makes Re:Zero look tame. Hell, it makes certain "otHer" anime look tame by comparison. :lol:
I decided to binge read the manga after the second episode and it does get interesting. There are some rather "colorful" characters that are going to be coming soon. :lol:

Some other new stuff I'm currently watching/giving the 3 episode rule are:
Fate: Apocrypha
Nana Maru San Batsu
Princess Principal
Symphogear AXZ (Because **** you that's why) :lol:
Owarimonigatari 2nd season (still waiting for this to air)
Dive!! (Haven't seen the first episode yet, but I did see Free!! back when it was airing so i might give this a shot :lol:)
Gamers! (waiting for it to air)

As for last season's stuff, I really enjoyed Little Witch Academia. I'm also still watching RE: Creators (real solid anime worth watching) and MHA S2.

The facial expressions were the main thing that kept me engaged, especially the eyes :lol:

At the same time, everyone apparently being psychotic and drowning in bliss every match will definitely get old to me sooner than later, especially when the same girl that was just gushing over her enjoyment of collecting human finger nails through torture as her prize is a crumbling mess on the floor just moments later.

It makes the insanity levels seem artificial, and the fact that they're largely just some rich little kids with too much free time doesn't help.

Hopefully the stuff you're foreshadowing pulls me further in though.

I'll get up with that new Fate today, and I'll give some of the others you mentioned a look as well (except Symphogear. I'm judging you :lol:)

I didn't mention Re: Creators in the 'past season' part of my post because it's still running, but that and Boku no Hero Academia S2 were easily my favorite series during the spring. You just reminded me that I still have to watch the last 3 or so episodes of Little Witch Academia too.

Tower of God
Rak's back. Wonder who the girl is and what floor he's even on.
Gustang is embarrassing white. I thought the ladel was gonna play a part in removing the souls from White, but this works too, I guess.

Urek can apparently teleport. It seems like the fact that it's mentioned that if you mess it up it kills everyone in the area is foreshadowing

I like how SIU has continued the aquatic terminology throughout the series as well.

I wonder if Urek will now realize Baam is an Irregular and you already know this is gonna bring up a bunch of questions for Khun. Hopefully with Gustang there we learn more about Baam, the early days of the tower,  Arlene and V, or at least Enne Zahard and this princess war. Something. 

I wonder what the favor Gustang wants as well. SIU also mentioned he's going to slow down the place so he can rest his back.

One Piece

Saved by the chef. Dammit. :lol:
And just like that, the escape part of this arc begins. I did like when Bege put that sign pointing towards the strawhats. A little comedy is always good. :lol:

But screw all that, The feast begins anew, and I don't think they have any way of stopping her this time. She's gonna end up wiping her own family. :lol:

I can't remember the last time one piece was out early but if ever there was a chapter I needed after last week this was it lol

One Piece

Saved by the chef. Dammit. :lol:
And just like that, the escape part of this arc begins. I did like when Bege put that sign pointing towards the strawhats. A little comedy is always good. :lol:

But screw all that, The feast begins anew, and I don't think they have any way of stopping her this time. She's gonna end up wiping her own family. :lol:

it's about to get wild. (as if it hasn't already been insane). can't wait.

One Piece
Oda's letter was nice.
I was just thinking about that explosion. It took out a building larger than the whole town, but it was supposed to be to punish criminals, but that would have blown up all of Ryugu palace on fishman island. 

Capone is a pretty likable character. That sign gag was solid.  

Big Mom is going on a rampage again, I hope he kids still break into 2 groups to catch the strawhats and the firetank pirates then a group stays behind to calm her down. 

There's plenty of interesting stuff still left to happen this arc I feel like. 

Made In Abyss is the the first series that has me fully interested so far this season.

The world, the art, the music, the premise; all dope as hell to me.

Last edited:
Made In Abyss is the the first series that has me fully interested so far this season.

The world, the art, the music, the premise; all dope as hell to me.
The artstyle seems so familiar to me. I cant put my finger on it. But It also has my interest.

Also, New Kizumonogatari film is out. Gonna have to watch that later. :pimp:

Finally NT is back up again. Now I can say that Kizumonogatari Part 3 was amazing. It was everything I could have ever hoped for from that arc. 8)

We byke.

Been slowly getting into the new season still. Made In Abyss and Classroom of the Elite are the two I have the highest hopes for out of the ones I've gotten around to.

I'm really enjoying Gurren Lagann. "Just who the hell do you think I am." :pimp:
I'm half way through, then I'm checking out Eureuka Seven.
Still only on ch. 583 of OP.

Back
Top Bottom