The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I don't absolutely hate Mha just don't think it should be as hyped. And my honest opinion about the story so far is that it dies down too much. Which is something it should've started with. It's kinda like attack on titan. Brought us in with action after action but then settles down with the story in the middle. And is just now building up an actual good story/arc

I didn't realize that the three parts that are up for Owarimonogatari s2 are the only parts that were going to come out. That means that the main story for the Monogatari series is over after almost a decade. :frown:

He just didn't like it that much and feels compelled to let it be known whenever applicable :lol:

Which is fine by itself, but when your opinion is in the minority; I don't think it's fair to detract people interested from giving it a shot and forming their own.

There are multiple members in here that read the manga and rock with it, and it's hugely popular in general, so I'd recommend going ahead with it if you've already liked what you've seen in the anime. I'll probably do the same once this season ends unless they announce that the 3rd will start in the fall/winter.

Okay cool :lol:

Cuz me and the lady have been fauxin with it heavy haha.

I don't absolutely hate Mha just don't think it should be as hyped. And my honest opinion about the story so far is that it dies down too much. Which is something it should've started with. It's kinda like attack on titan. Brought us in with action after action but then settles down with the story in the middle. And is just now building up an actual good story/arc

i think the way AOT manga came full circle was :pimp:

Just finished The Garden of Sinners. What a good set of "movies" sweet lord ufotable has to be one of the top studios in the game , such a fine piece. Wishing it would have a little more substance and action but oh well

One Piece
Did Nami just nuke Big Mom and her cronies with Zeus? :lol: :pimp:
Also, I dont understand Pudding at all anymore. That third eye of here has got her feeling bi polar. :lol:

MHA is by no means bad. But it could be one of the goats but it hasn't reached that point yet. It's missing some kids spark that stuff like Naruto or HunterXHunter has.

If I had to put my finger on it, I'd say it's the overall threat/main antagonist isn't there yet. In naruto you had Orochimaru or gaara or akatsuki etc. with MHA you have the decaying guy who's really not that much of a threat and All for one who is almost never seen and then
he gets defeated by All might

Son that was FIRE! NAMI IS THE GOAT!! I hope she gets to keep the cloud that would be a hell of a power up.

Brook and chopper are dead meat

Son that was FIRE! NAMI IS THE GOAT!! I hope she gets to keep the cloud that would be a hell of a power up.

Brook and chopper are dead meat
You'd be right about Brook, if he wasnt already dead....
one_piece___brook_by_altovolume.jpg

Caught In This Corner of the World over the weekend. For much of the runtime, the film emits this easygoing, SoL tone even though it's set in and around Hiroshima during WWII. However, it ain't afraid to smack you in the face when the going gets rough. Doesn't really pass judgment on most of the characters either. Everyone involved has some stake in the war effort as most of the action takes place near a naval harbor, but as the movie goes on, you gradually see the toll it takes on them and become aware of how much was sacrificed once Japan surrenders. It's ultimately a warm film that lingers with a bitter aftertaste once the movie's over.

Was that Yuri's first time eating chocolate? I'm kind of surprised Yuri doesn't sense the Observer Rachel has, but she hasn't been close to her and she's so strong it probably doesn't register as a threat. I do hope the observer attacks Rachel though or Androssi destroys it, similar to how Yuri did Pedro's observer in her fight on the Hell Train.

Hockney's eyes are apparently less sharp since the FoD. I wonder if it's due to getting his memories back. I know he got his original eyes back from Hell Joe, but he should still have D'zah's eyes as well.

Finally getting some of Wangnan's back story and Karaka seemed surprised by how he looks. What if they're identical? I wonder if it was Ha Jinsung, Karaka and Baam's mentor who told Wangnan to ask Karaka about the ring when they met. Kinda looked like him in that panel. Also how does no one recognize Wangnan just cause of that mask?

The group is about to meet up with Rak again. I bet he got stronger too. I think this will be a really interesting arc.

SIU's blog post:
As you guys who read my weekly afterwords know but whenever the seasons are shifting I get sick, so I've had a tad bit trouble. Although I'm working to provide maximum work on a weekly basis, whenever work is delayed by this kind of stuff, I get the chills ^^;; I'm not like the new webtoon creators in having plenty of back up chapters drawn up, so if an emergency happens my body really suffers hehe.

Anyway, to talk about this chapter: We have a bit more of our buddy Wangnan's past. I wrote in the afterwords last week, but Wangnan and the ring is a story that is going to be extremely drawn out. Later, of course, it will become a main story arc, but right now, I'm still building up to it.

I've been getting a lot of questions on how you get food in the Train, and to answer that: The Train is a place designed for the training of Zahard and the Ten Warrior's training, so food, clothing, and quarters are all provided by the train. Although due to progression and time I couldn't show you all of it, but all of life essentials can be obtained from the train. Perhaps I may cover it in a side story ^^ someday, I hope.

Karaka and Yuri seem to be at odds in the train, but skills wise Yuri obviously is the winner currently. However, Karaka's sorcery has unique aspects and Karaka holds secrets that make this a fairly even match... yes.

The Train as a whole is a Regulars' Zone, so Karaka or Yuri can't really attack the Regulars, but this particular room is an exception. This was explained before in Karaka's dialogue to an extant, so that explains why Karaka was so intent on making Wangnan bring Viole into this room.

Next week marks the beginning of the Hidden Floor. The Hidden Floor... hm.. It's actually a place where I want to tell a few stories I haven't been able to tell until now, or talk about the Tower's secrets, or the story that the Regulars have... It's a place where you can meet a diverse set of stories. I hope you guys enjoy ^^
Well, have a good week, stay healthy, and I hope to see you next week. Thank you!!

I've been out of the anime game for about a year now and I am looking to somewhat get back into it.

I just finished watching Castlevania and it was amazing. WOW. I am also on season 3 of Voltron and Luthor is such a great villain.

I wanted to know if I should watch or drop the following:
  • Season 2 Diarrara
  • Rage of Behemut
  • Re: Creators
  • Fate/Apocrypha
Much appreciated!

I've been out of the anime game for about a year now and I am looking to somewhat get back into it.

I just finished watching Castlevania and it was amazing. WOW. I am also on season 3 of Voltron and Luthor is such a great villain.

• Season 2 Diarrara
  • Rage of Behemut
  • Fate/Apocrypha
Much appreciated!
Personal opinions of course

-Dururara is a keeper
- Rage of Bahamut is meh to me. Not bad but I wasn't blown away or anything

Not a fan of the Fate animes and Re:Creators didn't seem to interesting from the plot synopsis when it first aired

• Season 2 Diarrara
  • Rage of Behemut
  • Fate/Apocrypha
Much appreciated!
Durarara is great
RE:Creators is great too
F:A is cool. It aint no UBW or Zero, but it has it's moments.

Personal opinions of course

-Dururara is a keeper
- Rage of Bahamut is meh to me. Not bad but I wasn't blown away or anything

Not a fan of the Fate animes and Re:Creators didn't seem to interesting from the plot synopsis when it first aired
I personally loved the Fate series so if it's consistent, I will keep it on my list.
I will have Rage as lower on the list then

Durarara is great
RE:Creators is great too
F:A is cool. It aint no UBW or Zero, but it has it's moments.

Good to hear. I didn't have high expectations for F:A but I've read online that it's setting up to be something great so I got interested.

Scene was epic as hell lol. Hope the anime delivers more dope moments.. haven't read the manga tho so idk.
I believe next is the School Trip arc, so everyone is in for a treat there. :pimp:

with so few episodes left, I don't know if they are actually going to make it though.

Back
Top Bottom