The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Just caught up on Dr. Stone and Promised Neverland. Really enjoyed both. Anyone have some series suggestions? I lost my list, again. If not I might try 20th century boys.
I've been enjoying Journey to the West (Zheng Jian He), and of course there's always the classic Feng Shen Ji if you haven't read that before.

Think I found my first keeper of the season. Hinamatsuri. It's a Comedy slice of life show about an alien girl and a yakuza

I'm also kinda interested in Dances with Dragons. The first ep was a major turnoff because while the idea is interesting, it was a major info dump and basically tried to give all the lore within 20 minutes

Tower of God
There's so little we know about this world, it's crazy. It's nice to see that Rak should be getting what looks like a big power up. It's interesting how Baam's team is shaping up with all types of special types being added to mirror the original climbers, but at the same time all significantly weaker than the original climbers. In Khun's case, it seems most of it is due to his lack of effort and personal issues with his father. After this, we might see some accelerated growth from him, if he embraces the talent even his father recognized. Hopefully if Rak and Khun start catching up in power a bit, we can see the return of real position based battles.

Seems like Jahad went out of his way to repress or kill anyone who could even potentially be a threat to him. It's interesting to see how data Edhuan acts versus the impression AA Khun has of the real one. The one consistent things between the two is that he doesn't like most of his kids.

I really liked the aspect of Baam dealing with his sworn enemy, showing internal growth. This time instead of crediting Rachel for helping with his loneliness and being his "light" he realized it was himself. It seems like similar to Khun, instead of repressing a memory he's able to grow by confronting it and being honest. The growth from Baam before the hell train when he lost control to now is pretty big, and I'm looking forward to see where he's at after the revolution with the GoG. I know Khun's sworn enemy has backed off, but I wonder if it'll change now that she's in the same vicinity as Khun rather than facing Baam. This is definitely an arc where Khun should grow both internally and in strength as well. The character growth element is a very interesting part of the series. We know people change drastically as they climb, as usually characters who have been alive for as long as these characters are tend to be pretty static.

I think I mentioned last week that I thought the yellow ball big breeder was trying to double cross Jahad. I wonder if that's why he's going to get Urek, who has been labeled as a glitch to the floor to help him get out. Looking forward to seeing the chaos he causes, but I hope he doesn't get too much focus, since he was basically the star of the FoD arc.

Yeah....I think I’m dropping OP till next arc

It’s tough I been watching/reading for 5 years straight but it must be done. Oda writing himself into a hole of trash time and time again. Next arc gotta be better than this

Berserk gon have to hold it down for a while
Imma still watch the anime though

Back
Top Bottom