The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Yo I started one piece and it is cool. It just seems to stretch out the fights a lot longer than what I’m used to. Would you say at what point does it get really good? Can I skip certain arcs/ fillers or is it best to watch the entire series? I am only on the episode where they just got their navigator the girl so I’m like legit just starting :smh: :lol: .

Also I gotta say Akame Ga Kill is a dope *** anime and I forgot who said to check it out but I thank you guys. I’m still halfway but it’s really good.

Most people say after the Arlong park arc is when they get hooked. When they enter the grandline it picks up more steam. One Piece has slow builds. You can skip all the filler arcs, but watch everything canon as things build up on each other and get woven into the story at later points. A lot of people see the episode count and feel its daunting, but just go at a pace enjoyable to you and enjoy the series, it isn't ending for a while, so there's no rush to catch up.

One Punch Man manga has been around a while right?

Why are there so few chapters?

I'm almost done with them all and I started a few hrs ago lol

I am excited. :pimp:

Check out @pkjd818’s Tweet:

YESSSSSSSSS
full

So I finished akame ga kill and I gotta say it was a really good anime. I liked it. What were the major differences between the anime vs the manga? Also the last fight of tatsumi vs the emperor and esdeath vs akame both were incredible fights.

What other anime can you guys recommend that is similar?

If im not mistaken about manga vs anime, i think there were a few more fights and characters. The end fight didn't go down the same.
both last fights were epic but manga had a longer fight with Akame vs esdeath.
If I were you I would check it out about half way through the manga

Reactions: Ube
Opm manga was satisfying and frustrating at the same time. Not enough Saitama... And not nearly as much chapters as it should have considering I believe that its been around as long as mha

MHA has something like 180 chapters...

Opm has 93?

Last edited:
is jo jo a fighting anime/manga or just a pure chaos story?
yes, yes, and no. While all parts have the fighting genre and have their fair share of chaos, they also have subgenres. Action adventure, supernatural, murder mystery, these are just some of what you can expect. That, and it's also fun trying to catch all the western music references that this series is built on. :lol:

Opm manga was satisfying and frustrating at the same time. Not enough Saitama... And not nearly as much chapters as it should have considering I believe that its been around as long as mha

MHA has something like 180 chapters...

Opm has 93?
The reason there is not enough Saitama is because the story is about the people around him and how they grow. He's basically the answer to any problem the other heroes can't solve. :lol:

Started MHA yesterday and about to watch some more episodes I dig it so far. I love All Might as a character and the world is really intersting and I cant wait to see where else it goes. Shoutout to the invisible chick that is invisible at all times that **** had me dead just seeing some clothes or gloves randomly floating in the background

Currently halfway through season 2 of MHA, and I don’t know why but it seems like there are a lot of unnecessary speaking parts for Midoriya’s classmates. Is it similar to OP where they develop the other characters at some point?

Last edited:
Currently halfway through season 2 of MHA, and I don’t know why but it seems like there are a lot of unnecessary speaking parts for Midoriya’s classmates. Is it similar to OP where they develop the other characters at some point?

I'm not a one piece guy but I'm almost up to date on the mha manga

As time goes on mha becomes more of an ensemble instead of the Deku show. I kinda like it. I kinda don't. It depends on what character they are choosing to spotlight.

At some point in the manga there are several chapters without Deku in it (or Deku barely in it)

Mha isnt even in the same planet as One piece. And with its direction the world building in mha wont be jear what one piece offers. Mha will keep it very city/hero oriented (nothing wrong with that)

read it this morning, What ya think.
I dont want this to go in to another search party type arc

Just finished the first episode of Backstreet Girls. Now, I read the summary and knew what I was getting into, but I was not expecting that level of nonsense. :lol:

One Piece

Where is Oda going with this Orlumbus story? Maybe this will be Luffy's 2nd territory? A country too poor to pay the heavenly tribute?

Sanji is really getting on my nerves. It's interesting, Oda seems to have toned down Brook and his gags a bit, making him much more palatable, while amping up the worst parts of Sanji. I'd have liked him to reflect and shift a bit after WCI, but he's acting like nothing happened. Let's find out Jinbe or a bunch of the fishmen died once Big Mom shows up and see if he take any responsibility.

Is Luffy using the transponder snail correctly? Didn't look like he picked up the receiver.

First read through I didn't notice Oda had the octopus start creeping up on the ship starting at page 5. Oda also going all out with the Japanese art references. The art so far has been top notch, you can tell he was excited for this arc. The entrance to Wano is very one piece, even a bit skypiea-esque. The baboon got an intro-box, is he going to be a recurring character in the arc?

I'm not a fan of the crew splitting up this early especially with the constant splits since the timeskip. However, typically Oda isolates Luffy once he wants to set up the action, so maybe he wants to pick up the pace and dive right in? I doubt it, but it could be interesting. If that's not the play then hopefully they'll all reunite quickly. The running theory is this arc will be Oda's take on Momotaro or will take inspiration from it. I'm looking forward to the arc.

watched the first episode of jojo vento aureo last night... dope as **** as expected :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom