The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I thought the fall of Danafall and the exile of the Sins happened around the same time 10 years ago. But a later episode cleared it up and said the Danafall incident happened 16 years ago. So Elizabeth is about 16 which makes Meliodas look like a bigger creep.
yea, that was really predatory right!!

yea, that was really predatory right!!
He was waiting for her to grow up but she found him since he was exiled. Kinda reminds me of this Eva Green movie about her husband dying so she impregnates herself with his clone and has a sexual relationship with him when he's grown.

He was waiting for her to grow up but she found him since he was exiled. Kinda reminds me of this Eva Green movie about her husband dying so she impregnates herself with his clone and has a sexual relationship with him when he's grown.
yea, but still taking every chance he gets to fondle the baby he rescued; it's creepy af

but that mother husband son clone
*gucci "well damn" gif*

Caught up with Boku no Hero Academia and Black Clover.
I can see why people hate/love both :lol:

They're pretty solid if people stop critiquing so hard as if their lives depended on it 8)

Going back to legendary Sannin though, does Tsunade appearance jitsu count as a Kekkai Genkai? If so then Boruto younger sister and Sakara (100 healings) will be able to use it at some point right?

It'd be great if they rescued everyone except Rachel, but Yu Hansung will probably free her. I need Miseng to tell Baam that Arkraptor and Prince are dead.

I like how the frog guy's motivation is not wanting to do paper work. Also, I wonder how Yuri gets out of this without completely blowing her cover.

I wonder what level regular would even provide Baam a challenge at this point?

I wonder if Rak wants to throw Khun in that fire? Or does he recognize the flames since Evankhell might be an ancient?

Ha Jinsung must be stressed since he's gone back to smoking instead of eating candy. SIU is making things interesting for sure.

I figure Law will teleport Luffy and himself away? I'm skeptical that Luffy will end up in the cell with kid cause it doesn't give him much of an opportunity to grow in the 2 weeks they have, if that's still in play after this.

I am glad this happened though. Luffy needed a humbling experience in the New World. This should give Luffy a good reality check. I assume a team up with Luffy giving the deciding blow is how the fight will go, with Hawkins joining the group and using his limit breaking card. I'm just wondering how Oda will have Luffy power up for now though, that will be the interesting thing I think.

One Piece at times has had a hard time building real tension, relying on tricks and cliffhangers that don't do much, but I think this raised the stakes a good bit for the arc. Hopefully now people stop complaining about the Yonko all the time.

seems to me luffy's haki still has a lot of room to grow, especially his armament haki. needs to be harder, but he also needs more power. kaido wasn't really sweatin those hits. like johnny knoxville vs butterbean.

seems to me luffy's haki still has a lot of room to grow, especially his armament haki. needs to be harder, but he also needs more power. kaido wasn't really sweatin those hits. like johnny knoxville vs butterbean.
Yeah Luffy's armament was weaker than katakuri's too. The question is what can he do in the 2 week time frame, if that still exists to get it where it needs to be. I'd really like for conquer's haki to actually matter at some point too.

What the. So what is the latest arc does Funimation and Crunchyroll have on their apps right now?!?!

Zoro on his eye, Luffy on his chest

Yeah but Admiral Akianu punched a circular hole in Jeinbei through his back and his Luffy in his chest but luffy's scar is a "X" mark. Wouldn't Luffy's scar be circular, as well?!

They are currently on the Whole Cake Island arc. We are about 6 months from the arc ending at least.

As for the scars, if I remember correctly, Luffy got the X-shaped scar during a near death experience from a beast on the island he was training on during the timeskip (someone correct me if I'm wrong). As for Zoro, it's implied that his eye got cut by Mihawk, although he hasn't said for sure.

I thought the fall of Danafall and the exile of the Sins happened around the same time 10 years ago. But a later episode cleared it up and said the Danafall incident happened 16 years ago. So Elizabeth is about 16 which makes Meliodas look like a bigger creep.
All will be explained in due time peeps. :lol:

They are currently on the Whole Cake Island arc. We are about 6 months from the arc ending at least.

As for the scars, if I remember correctly, Luffy got the X-shaped scar during a near death experience from a beast on the island he was training on during the timeskip (someone correct me if I'm wrong). As for Zoro, it's implied that his eye got cut by Mihawk, although he hasn't said for sure.

I believe Luffy's scar is from Akainu when Jinbe was carrying him and Akainu punched throught Jinbe and hit Luffy. In Fishman island when Akainu is brought up Luffy even grabs at the scar on his chest.

main-qimg-561a81357b7ef993d011e4ba8400f6cb.webp

I feel like it's important to point out that Kaidou is suicidal and still can't be stopped. Drunk or not, he wasn't losing.

Just finished season 3 of 7 deadly sins. Lion sin of Pride a true G.
Anyone know what chapter in the manga the season ends at?

There is a level of character mania and gore in the series that is shown in the manga panels very well that isnt translated well in the anime. I cant really explain it but if you read the manga version of certain events then watch the anime i dont feel like they convey the same feelings.

Netflix is expanding their animation slate with five new anime titles which include gigantic battling robots battling huge monsters, postapocalyptic worlds, and a supernatural criminal underworld. The new slate continues Netflix’s global reach when it comes to original content.
  • Pacific Rim, which expands the world of the two live-action movies of the same name, returns to the epic battle of Kaiju and Jaegers. The original anime series follows two siblings — an idealistic teenage boy and his naïve younger sister — who are forced to pilot an abandoned Jaeger across a hostile landscape in a desperate attempt to find their missing parents. Co-showrunners are Craig Kyle (Thor:Ragnarok) and Greg Johnson (X-Men: Evolution). The series comes from Legendary Entertainment (Kong: Skull Island; Pokemon: Detective Pikachu)
  • Set in the same universe as the Netflix-live-action sci-fi series — which is currently in production — Altered Carbon will explore new elements of the story mythology. The series comes from the animation studio, Anima and will be written by Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) and Tsukasa Kondo.
  • From the animation studio Gonzo (Hellsing, Afro Samurai), Cagaster of an Insect Cageis set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious disease “Cagaster” turns people into giant murderous insects, this manga-based series follows the struggle of a young couple to stay alive. Koichi Chigira (Last Exile, Full Metal Panic!) directs.
  • Set in a war-torn Japan of mechs and magic, Yasuke follows a retired ronin who must take up his sword when he is charged with the task of transporting a mysterious child who dark forces want to eliminate. The series from the animation studio MAPPA will feature the voice of Sorry to Bother You star Lakeith Stanfield as the titular protagonist, which is based on the historical samurai of African origin who fought with Oda Nobunaga. Creator/Director/Executive Producer is LeSean Thomas(The Boondocks, Cannon Busters) while the Grammy-nominated Flying Lotus will compose the music and serve as an Executive Producer.
  • Trese is set in a Manila where the mythical creatures of Philippine folklore live in hiding amongst humans, Alexandra Trese finds herself going head to head with a criminal underworld comprised of malevolent supernatural beings. This anime series is based on the Philippine graphic novel by the same name, created by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldissimo. Jay Oliva (Wonder Woman, The Legend of Korra) will serve as Executive Producer. Producers are Shanty Harmayn and Tanya Yuson at BASE Entertainment, a studio based in Jakarta and Singapore.

Back
Top Bottom