The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

That being said, Ronin warriors doesn’t get enough credit. It was the darkness I wanted from Power Rangers.

The actual Japanese versions get pretty dark.

One of them ended with the black ranger getting stabbed by a random mugger in the finale after saving the world. Final scene of the series was him dying on a park bench while the red and pink ranger (black ranger was into her too) get married. :lol: :smh:

I definitely feel the quality of the story has taken a downturn. The most recent couple of chapters have been really cool though. My personal take is that while it started out strong and with the potential to be very plot-driven, it's morphed into a battle manga. Not saying battle manga can't be fun, but it really limits how well the overall story can be done.
I definitely agree about the downturn. It's been really bad, like the last couple chapters were okay, but the end of the previous arc and then this arc has fallen flat and I was really looking forward to BLUE, but Asashi is trash and it feels like Soma has regressed back to just making diner dishes instead of his own food. I think Tsukada, the author, is kind of flailing not really knowing what to do and forgetting what made the series good. Some of it is trying to force the battle manga route and some of it is bad writing and not utilizing characters and previous pieces of the story he built out. He tried to go big and messed up and his course corrections haven't been enough to get it fully back on track.

I wish he had taken his time after the last arc and explored Soma's growth as 1st chair and what the opportunities it opened up along with the other seats, then dived into BLUE.

Mayne it’s 5 in da morning and I been binging h x h. This shows so lit. Hisoka and Killua are my faves so far. I’m at the point where the hunter exam just ended. I did not expect this show to this good from the pictures and what I’ve heard about it. Was kinda expecting another one piece (which is my fav) but it’s definitely way different a lot darker and more mature. Hope the show keeps this pace

As much as im liking Hunter x Hunter right now.
some things still boggle me. i'll spoiler tag since some haven't watchedd.
Is nen something that basically allows you to have any power you want as long as you stay with in your class? I'm still not understanding the difference of some things and what it can do I know it was explained during the training arc before york new york.. but does it go in to more depth? Can I consider this like narutos chakra and ninjutsu. ?

during the Genthru fight, why did they send Gon to fight genthru if Bisky is so strong and killua is still more skilled? Was this sort of that plot armor that I've heard Hxh uses ..
I can kind of see that at times there is no point for some of the stuff that happens it just happens. It still is well with in the story but you're just like why.
They kept saying how strong genthru was in raw power but bisky still seems like she was miles ahead.

how strong is hisoka, during the dodgeball game he only broke 2 finger when catching the ball and didn't use gyo to even do it. it made it seem like he could've beat dude by himself but he also didn't havve the specific power set to really do it.

after the greed island do we get more history about Ging. ?
I see where @bruce negro said this is a very slow burn story. I also have gathered what the author can really do with this. Like the other great stories that can take side turn after side turn and really talk about any other character in a story they want.
Again I def see the allure of this story. im still not big on Gon honestly but I like the other characters so far.

uhh nahh Goku > family guy my G

1 piece is tight and all but DB was the seed that grew into most folks love for manga/anime in my generation

can’t please everyone
i would say family guy humor has influenced mainstream humor that followed more than, DragonBall Z has influenced anime that followed, and my point actually was the relevance of goku in 2018 vs the relevance of other anime characters ie luffy; so uhh yea family guy > goku my dude

Last edited:
That being said, Ronin warriors doesn’t get enough credit. It was the darkness I wanted from Power Rangers.
right mfs didn't even realize we were watching anime yet; and dbz hype came from people wanting to draw the characters, the dbz we got on cartoon network was drawn out, took 3 episodes before a fight, the repetition of the fight cloud in fight scenes wasn't even worth the wait
goku-vegeta.gif

you were just so happy that they were finally done talking about throwing hands

i would say family guy humor has influenced mainstream humor that followed more than, DragonBall Z has influenced anime that followed, and my point actually was the relevance of goku in 2018 vs the relevance of other anime characters ie luffy; so uhh yea family guy > goku my dude

Your point was inane and dumb .

Once again - most of us were hyped simply because we’ve never had a character from any manga in previous parades .

Choosing Goku over anyone else was a decision Funimation made due to current popularity . It was not weighed by relevance/influence on anime that followed . . Most people have never read DB manga , but many people have watched the anime as kids - even if they aren’t into manga/anime like that now . Kids continue to watch DBZ today . More people in 2018 know about Goku than Luffy . More people in 2019 will know about Goku than Luffy .

It’s the Macy’s Day Parade .

Not the How Serious Of An Otaku Are You Parade .

I’ve seen your toxic behavior (silly retorts for pages/derailing threads for days) so ima just add you to the ignore list .

p.s. I hope you aren’t this catty/socially inept irl lol

I dunno what the celestials are. Stopped watching dbz during the majin buu saga. Got tired of cartoon network disrespecting us by randomly starting at a saga's first episode again without warning.

God Tier, if you will. Apparently there is order among the chaos

One Piece

Jesus. Teach's bounty is massive. And he's probably the lowest one of the emperors. I wonder how big the other bounties are, and better yet I wonder how big Dragon's bounty is since he is the most wanted man in the world.

I hope we get some Mihawk action soon as well as seeing the actual action at reverie.

And Luffy's prison break is gonna go well, I'm sure. :lol:

^^^one piece post; because dbz is washed^^^
luffy was just a name to throw out there; and kids don't watch DragonBall, old people from your generation do; if you want to represent modern anime i said luffy; if you want to represent what kids watch then naruto would fit; if it's about how serious of an otaku fan; then popular american anime characters wouldn't be the way to go at all

Last edited:
^^^one piece post; because dbz is washed^^^
luffy was just a name to throw out there; and kids don't watch DragonBall, old people from your generation do; if you want to represent modern anime i said luffy; if you want to represent what kids watch then naruto would fit; if it's about how serious of an otaku fan; then popular american anime characters wouldn't be the way to go at all
You gotta remember 1. We're still in america where dragonball resonates with old and young..2. Dragonball is still a current ongoing series. Dont forget dragonball heroes is pretty huge also.
I think youre vastly underestimating thr dominance of dragonball in this game the last 20 years.

You gotta remember 1. We're still in america where dragonball resonates with old and young..2. Dragonball is still a current ongoing series. Dont forget dragonball heroes is pretty huge also.
I think youre vastly underestimating thr dominance of dragonball in this game the last 20 years.
i don't underestimate it; adding goku in 2018 is the equivalent of just getting a spongebob balloon(you seriously disagree), it's other anime that's actually relevant now; goku would have been an impressive addition in 2010

and i didn't suggest to use a character that isn't recognized in america, the post you liked suggested luffy was relegated to otaku; which he's not

I saw viral theatre advertising during the tournaments in DBSuper. Not for a movie, for the weekly show. Goku definitely was relevant in 2018.

Lol how you figure its not the move? The shows games apparel toys not enough to prove to you its not the Gawd out here
Of course there are better stories. Still none as popular

Lol how you figure its not the move? The shows games apparel toys not enough to prove to you its not the Gawd out here
Of course there are better stories. Still none as popular
popular or recognized because it's been out for damn near 30 years, so is it popular or just have longevity

my only point is just that; in 2018 there are so many better stories out that one of those characters would be impressive; adding goku in 2018 is the same as adding spongebob in 2018; best years behind him

had they put luffy, all-might, ichiro, naruto i would have been like, oh **** what macy's know about that; adding goku just makes me say that should have happened a decade ago

Last edited:
Not nearly as recognizable here in America as goku. On top of that super is way better than dbz after cell ( id argue after frieza personally )
The only other person i would give you is Naruto. But even thats hard cuz do you put pre time skip . or shippudeen.
If you were to be current and put hokage naruto. Youd run the risk of it not being as recognizable
Id personally put luffy. But one piece bombed here in the states the first time around

my only point is just that; in 2018 there are so many better stories out that one of those characters would be impressive; adding goku in 2018 is the same as adding spongebob in 2018; best years behind him
I assume you are talking about the thanksgiving day parade goku float?
If so it has nothing to do with "good story". You think they asked a bunch of otaku what character they wanted to see?
DB had a resurgence with kids with super, heroes, and other games just like pokemon with Go, and other games which is why pikachu had a float too. If the kids were watching One Piece then there would be a Luffy float.

Last edited:
Not nearly as recognizable here in America as goku. On top of that super is way better than dbz after cell ( id argue after frieza personally )
The only other person i would give you is Naruto. But even thats hard cuz do you put pre time skip . or shippudeen.
If you were to be current and put hokage naruto. Youd run the risk of it not being as recognizable
Id personally put luffy. But one piece bombed here in the states the first time around
nope nothing from the actual year 2018, i would do original cartoon network naruto; luffy was just my choice personally; naruto actually makes more sense from the family friendly standpoint; it's just dragonball is 30, i watched it as a kid, adding a balloon from a 2000-2010 anime just would make more sense; if they added a 3rd balloon from a 2010-2015 anime that makes most sense

I assume you are talking about the thanksgiving day parade goku float?
If so it has nothing to do with "good story". You think they asked a bunch of otaku what character they wanted to see?
DB had a resurgence with kids with super, heroes, and other games just like pokemon with Go, and other games which is why pikachu had a float too. If the kids were watching One Piece then there would be a Luffy float.
how long has pikachu been a balloon? who are these kids yall talk about, i don't know any kids watching or interested in db, for that matter i know maybe one adult that likes db, but that's because they grew up on it, like i did, i just branched out

i think whoever suggested goku, should have just made a suggestion for 2018, not 2006

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom