The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I got this off a Reddit post, but the list of potential players in Wano is nuts.

* 8 of the 11 Supernovas (Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kid, Killer, Hawkins, Drake, Apoo).
* The entire Straw Hat Pirates (Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook)
* The entire Heart Pirates (Bepo, Sachi, Penguin)
* Caribou as a prisoner.
* Kaido and his entire force.
* Most of the Mink tribe. (Inurashi, Nekomumashi, Carrot, and others)
* Possibly Kizaru since he was debating on whether to head to Wano or not. It's also been a minute since we saw any Marines relevant to an arc since Dressrosa (not counting Reverie).
* Big Mom guaranteed to head over there, most likely with crew members we really didn't get to see in action in WCI (like Snack, the decuplets, Smoothie, etc)
* Jinbe most likely arriving at a later time.
* Uncertain, but at least some of the Grand Fleet.

This arc (and maybe the one after) is shaping up to be something special.

Potentially Blackbeard. Greg, one of the one piece Columnist for Jump, has a theory Blackbeard will kill Kaido to take his Devil Fruit.

Blackbeard could come to hunt devil fruits since he knows other big players are in Wano. I have a feeling Blackbeard and Big Mom might come at the end when things are wrapping up maybe cause I see Big Mom having a big role in Elbaf instead of Wano. But who knows.

Can you only do the letters on one sneaker or both? Have you also thought about using Japanese characters? Cuz I was thinking that putting Mugi Wara (Straw Hat) would be cool. Or the Japanese characters 麦わら
(麦=Mugi) (わら=Wara) would be neat too.
I was also wishing I could do Japanese but no..I figured out my four letters tho: KOTP

After this ridiculous chapter I was thinking about what I would have done for the story instead of going the current route. This writing is almost insulting. At first I kind of liked oh they want to push the boundaries and use outside the box techniques, then I reread the execution and was like yeah that concept is great, but this is dumb. Like there's so many obscure, unconventional, and innovative techniques for cooking grounded in reality and science that could be stretched and made surreal for manga, and Tsukada goes with a chainsaw with spices in the ridges flavoring meat that's cooked in the most basic way? WTF?

This whole light chef vs dark chef concept it ridiculous. What really makes these guys dark? They cook for criminals and that means their life is on the line, and because of that they're fearless and use wild techniques? I'd understand if they used illegal ingredients or something, but nothing about the dark chefs is crazy, except they work for criminal organizations.

And of all the light chefs at BLUE, which are all supposed to be top tier young chefs, most of them are jobbers. Also how are Takumi and Megumi there over Alice, Hayama, Ryu, Perfect Trace guy, Rindou, Isshiki, or the 3rd years who got kicked out excluding Eishi? We haven't seen Takumi or Megumi cook a single dish at BLUE, so why even include them? Say the invite was reserved for the 1st seat then if that's how this is gonna go.

This could have gone so many ways. Let's say they stick with that stupid ending where Erina becomes headmaster, why not go into an arc that shows the changes to the school with her in charge, new leader, new perspective and ways of doing things? You have a 16 year old running the "top cooking school in the world" and a multinational company. How people perceive Tootsuki has to change with a teenager in charge, right? All the instability and rapid leadership changes has to damage the reputation of the school, the former elite 10 just got kicked out and didn't graduate, that has to have an effect, especially when those are the character that impact the cooking world and bolster the school's reputation, it would also leave some type of power vacuum in a school that seems to lack depth of talent to a degree. Other cooking schools from around the world could be trying to poach students, take potential incoming talent, or even start battling Tootsuki for supremacy. The side characters could step up then and you could showcase the depth of talent outside the top 10-15 students.

The current elite 10 could even be away during this time, exploring the world, meeting other chefs from unconventional backgrounds or that are students or professionals, learning new techniques, running into Tootsuki alum, building their reputations and competing to earn a spot at BLUE. Then at BLUE you could see the bookmaster saying he changed the criteria and some of these unconventional chefs the character met show up to compete, ones who historically wouldn't have been invited cause they make street food or live in a small village or aren't educated. You can then see what kind of talent really is at BLUE and what the standard is to get invited. You can also bring in other stars from other schools.

As Aishi, idk what to do with him. He sucks as a character. Maybe if he stays he meets up with Jou talks about Soma, and we know that Jou dropped out of school right before BLUE, that could be Asashi's involvement, rather than I'm going to beat Soma and kidnap and marry Erina.

I'm still hoping for some type of rebound for the series, but it's looking less and less likely, sadly.

Some recent pickups, Cowboy Bebop is a classic that I don't get tired of watching and I've never seen Akira before.

IMG_20181201_153737.jpg

I got this off a Reddit post, but the list of potential players in Wano is nuts.

* 8 of the 11 Supernovas (Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kid, Killer, Hawkins, Drake, Apoo).
* The entire Straw Hat Pirates (Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook)
* The entire Heart Pirates (Bepo, Sachi, Penguin)
* Caribou as a prisoner.
* Kaido and his entire force.
* Most of the Mink tribe. (Inurashi, Nekomumashi, Carrot, and others)
* Possibly Kizaru since he was debating on whether to head to Wano or not. It's also been a minute since we saw any Marines relevant to an arc since Dressrosa (not counting Reverie).
* Big Mom guaranteed to head over there, most likely with crew members we really didn't get to see in action in WCI (like Snack, the decuplets, Smoothie, etc)
* Jinbe most likely arriving at a later time.
* Uncertain, but at least some of the Grand Fleet.

This arc (and maybe the one after) is shaping up to be something special.

Oda and his editors have hyped up Wano as the greatest OP arc. The set up is definitely living up to it imo

3DC0080F-6241-4BB7-8314-87F5D8DDD7A0.png
D12F73AD-DE22-4026-9963-00C3366D2C52.png
0FE27D5D-093E-4E61-8B41-97A555ADEA52.png
I got bored today and started making more one piece stuff lol, But fr I wasn’t expecting to like em that much I might have to order these too smh

Last edited:
not the dude that went to war over db; akira has every element
I can.....and still be a bit overrated for this day...basically using the same argumentyou used against DB.
For its time Akira was great...since then ALOT has come out that can rival it. Not really sure its even in my top 10 anymore

Speaking of top 10.
My first anime movie ever was Project A KO. Lovvvved that movie. My first taste of fight anime mixed with some ecchi stuff.
That was back in like 89-90

I can.....and still be a bit overrated for this day...basically using the same argumentyou used against DB.
For its time Akira was great...since then ALOT has come out that can rival it. Not really sure its even in my top 10 anymore
except the argument was using dbz in a parade; vs having/watching akira

except the argument was using dbz in a parade; vs having/watching akira
Come on dont move goal post now. U was all in here spewing that false narrative of db not hot anymore and kids aint watching cuz there are more and better anime out there

Come on dont move goal post now. U was all in here spewing that false narrative of db not hot anymore and kids aint watching cuz there are more and better anime out there
the goal post is still the same goku balloon is unimpressive in 2018; dude isn't putting the akira blue ray in a parade, he's only watching it.....you understand there is a HUGE difference right?

and just to further my goku is unimpressive; since i stopped discussing dbz what has been mentioned in the thread? def hasn't been db; lotta one piece talk though; LOTTA ONE PIECE TALK THOUGH....so how false was the narrative if this thread isn't even discussing it; cuz it's washed

we even got 3 different one piece shoes

Last edited:
Op is an ongoing week to week manga....this is a manga and anime thread.
We discuss what goes on week to week.
Op is a 2 maybe 3 day discussion in here..
Theres an entire dragonball thread on NT that most people in here are in and its contributed to EVERY day. So why talk about it in here when theres a whole thread dedicated to it

Last edited:
giphy.webp

yea, keep that super saiyan god super saiyan vs super saiyan blue, gogeta vegito infantile dress talk over there; the toys still look cool though

hxh did lose me too thought, don't feel like watching him master rin; stopped watching

we even got 3 different one piece shoes
Those were all custom.
Nike or adidas put out legit db themed crossover shoes..
Lmao.
This start from simply saying akira is a bit overrated. You came at me with your ...the guy who fought for db mess.. Get out of here..

Those were all custom.
Nike or adidas put out legit db themed crossover shoes..
Lmao.
This start from simply saying akira is a bit overrated. You came at me with your ...the guy who fought for db mess.. Get out of here..
those aren't pictured here, i merely pointed out what was being talked about in here; n yea i couldn't believe that guy called akira overrated

akira, just not sure how it's overrated
i'm not sure why on a forum people seem so shocked at a response?

those aren't pictured here, i merely pointed out what was being talked about in here; n yea i couldn't believe that guy called akira overrated

akira, just not sure how it's overrated
i'm not sure why on a forum people seem so shocked at a response?
Akira has been hailed the greatest #1 action (shonen) anime movie of all time. This being rated over all others...
I said its a bit overrated. I dont have it up there as #1..
Whats hard to understand..... after being out for 30 years IN MY OPINION and me watching anime for close to 30 years I dont think its the #1 anime (shonen) movie of all time?

You did the same thing with dragonball z relevancy and why goku shouldn't be in a parade..you tried to go off your cousins and nephews Analytics. yet people came with stats to prove you wrong that its still relevant.

The real difference is Im not trying to prove anyone wrong...
I just said its overrated. Thats my opinion...
You on the other hand did the opposite kept trying to prove you were right......

gangster joins up with a political protestor, to infiltrate a government weapons facility to save his friend that has been turned into a superweapon, after stumbling upon a top government secret; only to end up in a battle between two friends, one who can't handle the new powers he has and his leader that wants to restore him back to normal; all amidst civil unrest in the city

You did the same thing with dragonball z relevancy and why goku shouldn't be in a parade..you tried to go off your cousins and nephews Analytics. yet people came with stats to prove you wrong that its still relevant.

The real difference is Im not trying to prove anyone wrong...
I just said its overrated. Thats my opinion...
You on the other hand did the opposite kept trying to prove you were right......
you said it's not top 10; talk about moving the goal post
and i had stats to combat db popularity in 2018; so i wasn't proven wrong; you guy only showed it is relevant by still being televised but as far as popular
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=popular

so......

Last edited:
Akira was never in my top ten tbh
^this is different than this
Not really sure its even in my top 10 anymore
i don't get how you lose appreciation for akira; if you never appreciated it that's one thing; i don't really rank my favorites through numbers because it's arbitrary, but to say you have at least 10 films that pushed ahead of akira; i just don't get how that guy was objecting that op is more 2018 than db

Last edited:
Im convinced youre trolling me or you cant fathom how taste or opinions can change.
Ill break it down...i use to think mariah careys all i want for christmas was the greatest xmas song in the world
Then i got put on to donnie hathway...temptatons etc...
Now shes bumped down to like my 5th...
Never said her song was bad....not my top...and after hearing 40 gears2of christmas songs i had it a bit overrated before ...so do a lot of other people who has only seen one thing. Not diminishing or de value the song ...just devaluing it on my heirarchy.
Akira was on my top 10 of movies...its not anymore. And now looking back i had it up there to long mainly for nostalgia. I big it up for how gppd and impactful it was at the time...now in 2018 (here comes your argument) its not as up there anymore because of the 30 years of content ive up taken since it came out.
For its time it was great.....30 years later still great...just not #1

i wish you stop confusing my goku balloon is not impressive in 2018 argument with; akira is not top 10 in your list......nobody is putting up a balloon of tetsuo in 2018

Back
Top Bottom