The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

finished hunter x hunter. i would say it was around a 8.5/10. there were times i felt it was overrated but it was worth the watch for sure in the end

yorknew city and chimera ant arcs were the best, i think i'd lean yorknew city as my fav since it was faster paced, chimera ant dragged on at times. i can see why ppl love it though. greed island was was complete trash. last arc was short but good as well

favorite fight was kurupika vs uvogin

i'll probably start the manga soon cause i've heard things get crazy. not ready for these hiatus's though smmmh

LOL greed island was lit! Too bad they ain’t take some better items out the game . Dawg I miss watching killua my boy was a G. I’m bouta check the Manga too. Where should I go for color tho?

LOL greed island was lit! Too bad they ain’t take some better items out the game . Dawg I miss watching killua my boy was a G. I’m bouta check the Manga too. Where should I go for color tho?

Only thing I've seen in color, not many of the chapters and idk if it's official or fan coloring:

It's pretty rare for a manga series to get color treatment and if they do they're usually just in japanese unless fans are scanlating and cleaning. One Piece and Jojo are the ones with fanbases I know consistently doing this for colored projects.

Nobelesse ended with this latest chapter. I think we get an epilogue next week and I don't think the creators new series will get an English translation. The final arc was pretty weak and the kids and other character in the series were under utilized, but the author said he got to write the series as he planned all along, so props to him.

I think we have 3 to 4 chapters left in this season of tower of god as well then SIU is taking a break until March is what I've heard before starting season 3. He definitely needs the break to get his health together. His blog posts can be pretty sad, with him constantly being sick and worrying that the story is disappointing people.

What should i watch Rurouni Kenshin ep 5 or Tokyo Ghoul ep 6? I’ve started both but they haven’t pulled me in completely just yet still too early.

Greed island was meh. Best thing was them training. (Again i love training..let me see ypuget stronger)

Kuripca vs Ugo was easily the best fight ive seen. But i havent finished greed island yet

color hxh is trash, read it in b&w

greed island is garbage

york new city arc is one of the funnest arcs in any anime, amazing pacing, had me on the edge of my seat, action every second.

chimera ant arc arc by far the most overrated arc of all animes

any arc with kuropika, phantom troupe, and hisoka all in there... >>>>>>>>>

i feel like HxH's main weakness to me is Hisoka, Phantom Troupe, and Koropika carry the show for me. When they're minimally used or aren't all in the same arc... the show just isn't as good and lags.

this is all in my opinion though and how I felt as I was watching it. building up meryem like that only to see him basically just use his tail as an attack, and then doing absolutely nothing versus neturo.. was wack to me. i wanted to see a wide variety of skills and etc. the butterfly guy was super annoying too with his stupid violin.

what made me mad about chimera ant arc is how it'd be like 10 episodes examing a mental dilema about if one should do this or that, and just keep bringing it back showing the same thing over and over again. my brain was popping a blood vessel.

also, i think killua's grampa and dad showing up in chimera ant arc was a shining moment. we also see them during york new city arc...
man.. york new city arc really the best... you got EVERYBODY in there

just my pennies

edit:

uvogin obliterating the shadow beasts was SOOOOO DOPE

47690837_1997239897248249_5457110840871995244_n.jpg

47585727_607124123073647_4626848755873188154_n.jpg

46921986_235099127382663_4034768614439974829_n.jpg

ah hell nah wtf did i just see.. this **** feel more like gilligan's island parodying one piece than actual one piece smfh

edit:

nvm it's a commercial. i thought it was the live-action one piece thing yall were talking about

Can't believe there's no crunchyroll app for my lg tv

I guess the way to get around that is to get the crunchyroll app for my ps4 which is hooked to my lg tv but that's lame

i stopped watching yuyu hakusho after like 15 episodes. in those 15 eps, there were 0 good ones, n maaaaan that main character reminds me of a super lame version of yamcha. anyways, im not gonna bother watchin it im dismissing it as "rough draft to HxH" since i see parallel character design and certain concepts or plotpoints

giphy.gif

38159AD2-81E4-4ACD-9F9A-EA21DB323476.png
A9FAE876-A804-4F31-946D-5A957B0A6752.jpeg
3FCE1719-EEE5-4FC2-AA1E-A804B0D32B37.jpeg
06ECE0E0-435E-4415-8885-9B36CF0BD419.jpeg
3C013054-CE19-4279-B5F3-951E58AFB09D.png
One piece got some sick collabs. The watches too much (400+) but I searched all day for the chucks and finally found a pair in my size(black and white cw) for 200 shipped from Japan . Kinda steep ima sleep on it

New Soma chapter actually solid this week. The flashback and actual cooking. Let's see if they lean into this or go back to nonsense.

Had no idea Shield Hero was getting an anime.

I read a good bit of the manga a while back and remember finding it to be one of the more entertaining fantasy isekai series I've tried.

I might add it to this season's watchlist.

I got to leave my manga whole every once in a while, its a bunch of **** I read every month getting anime adaptations and I've honestly paid zero attention. I need Toonami to open the check book and get some of this stuff cause I still enjoy the weekly format

Back
Top Bottom