The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I've read or been told it was designed for American airwaves. I don't think either have manga comic book series for them either.

Not true for either series.

Pokémon started as a game that was quickly built up to sell merch to Japanese kids (and then kids around the world shortly after) via an anime and manga, and Dragon Ball was a traditional Shounen Jump (a weekly Japanese magazine full of series geared towards boys and younger male teens) manga that got an anime adaptation in typical fashion.

Dragon Ball took inspiration from a couple of American films and ****, but wasn't geared towards us at all.

Would just watch the shows, but just don't understand the 700 episodes crap.

Just going off what I've been told, I'll have to look into it though.
Not trying to be a jerk but there is nothing to look into.
They dont make their animes and mangas just to hope it catches on here in America.

I hate to admit it, but I binged the whole shield hero manga after the last episode aired. :lol:

It's pretty good. I now have high hopes for the anime.

I hate to admit it, but I binged the whole shield hero manga after the last episode aired. :lol:

It's pretty good. I now have high hopes for the anime.
I'm even more interested in the anime! I can't wait for him to meet back up with the other heros.

th

Speaking of isekai, did you guys catch KonoSuba? I was home for the holidays and my little bro put me onto it. Hilarious show. One of those that I can't watch with my girl (because of how over the top it is with the harem) but definitely a guilty pleasure. Any other great lighthearted, comedic anime come out recently? The last one I'd watched before Konosuba was Hinamatsuri which was :pimp::pimp::pimp:

So i caught up to the most recent chapter of mha.......
I gotta admit they did a good job in these exercises expalaining how everyone has grown and giving everyone some shine even the multple appendages dude.
I was actually entertained reading the last 10 chapters...
Alas.....
Its back to Deku... The only way i think ill enjoy what should be about to happen is if we get a flashback of the other 1-4-all heroes which i think is very clever direction this story has taken. I dont know if the author had this intention from the start but this could shape up to be interestingm. Its all going to be about how they tie it all in to all-4-1. Which they gave a little background to previously...
If they dont tho..ill be on my rant abput how MHA stay dropping the ball.

bruce negro bruce negro see i had good words to say.
Still no where near a top 20 for me but getting better to read.

leb13 leb13 most recent shokugeki chapter is what weve been waiting for this arcm .Hope more time is taken like this for the rest of it

Glad you're seeing more of the light man. I honestly think you and I just value things a bit differently and that's fine. I will also be impatient if we don't learn anymore about 1FA / AF1 during this arc, though from what I've seen in the media it seems like this whole "dream" arc will be super important, so hopefully we won't be disappointed. May be worth re-reading from the beginning like leb13 leb13 - more cohesive and really see how it all fits together. I actually re-read a couple of chapters after the end of the anime's latest season with my girl so that she can get a little up-to-speed during the wait for S4...I can't wait for everything to be animated, so many great moments.

Also, agree on the last Shokugeki chapter, just unsure why the initial change in story / pace in the first place...this is definitely heading back toward what made the series interesting in the first place.

While we're on the topic of Souma though, has anyone seen the Chef's Table episode on Netflix with Grant Achatz from Alinea? I'm convinced that he was a major influence on Souma's character - super creative guy, really outside of the box thinker and grew up in a diner setting. If you guys haven't seen it you should definitely give it a watch - one of the most inspiring documentary episodes I've ever seen.

Speaking of isekai, did you guys catch KonoSuba? I was home for the holidays and my little bro put me onto it. Hilarious show. One of those that I can't watch with my girl (because of how over the top it is with the harem) but definitely a guilty pleasure.

Yeah, it was pretty popular in here for both seasons.

Glad you're seeing more of the light man. I honestly think you and I just value things a bit differently and that's fine. I will also be impatient if we don't learn anymore about 1FA / AF1 during this arc, though from what I've seen in the media it seems like this whole "dream" arc will be super important, so hopefully we won't be disappointed. May be worth re-reading from the beginning like leb13 leb13 - more cohesive and really see how it all fits together. I actually re-read a couple of chapters after the end of the anime's latest season with my girl so that she can get a little up-to-speed during the wait for S4...I can't wait for everything to be animated, so many great moments.

Also, agree on the last Shokugeki chapter, just unsure why the initial change in story / pace in the first place...this is definitely heading back toward what made the series interesting in the first place.

While we're on the topic of Souma though, has anyone seen the Chef's Table episode on Netflix with Grant Achatz from Alinea? I'm convinced that he was a major influence on Souma's character - super creative guy, really outside of the box thinker and grew up in a diner setting. If you guys haven't seen it you should definitely give it a watch - one of the most inspiring documentary episodes I've ever seen.

I heard today that the chef that advises the series is about to go on maternity leave, so he may be rushing to finish the arc before that. But I think it's more that the manga sales have been dropping.

Been meaning to watch chef's table and salt, fat, acid, heat. Need to find some to do it.

On chapter 68 of my MHA re-read. Will write something up once I'm back caught up.

I freshly read mha. Still think it "wasnt" as good of a story..but its starting to roll..as long as it doesnt get corny with this flashback

Oda losing it...king had feather wings now the wings look completely different?

Kaido didn’t bother to find out when the straw hats were coming but somehow he knows the exact time big mom shows up??

Sanji happy about using the raid suit?? Lmfao

What the hell is going on? Seems like he is rushing everything except the zoro plot line...does he not know that every chapter he drags this on the expectations grow even more? Seriously if zoro doesn’t do some absolutely amazing **** these chapters with his little tidbits will be a waste

Kaido didn’t bother to find out when the straw hats were coming but somehow he knows the exact time big mom shows up??

What the hell is going on? Seems like he is rushing everything except the zoro plot line...does he not know that every chapter he drags this on the expectations grow even more? Seriously if zoro doesn’t do some absolutely amazing **** these chapters with his little tidbits will be a waste
tenor.gif

Sanji using the raid suit is definitely weird and out of character. I figured it wouldn't be used until his family showed up again and there was a resolution there. If he actually has to use the raid suit for page one it will be a shame. I wonder what's causing him to actually embrace it. Seems like a big jump.

Kaido knows big mom is coming and was on the look out cause she called him to tell him she was coming. He's actually worried about her. He didn't know the strawhats were coming nor does he see them as a threat. So it makes perfect sense.

The zoro plot line is dragging? He only showed up with Yasu last chapter, before that we knew he started heading back to the capital. It seems like Ebisu may be the town where Toko is from before moving up to the capital. Zoro might also meet the witching hour boy, who is most likely one of the samurai they need to recruit. I'm sure Zoro will have a big role in this arc. I'm actually really interested in what's going on with him, because it's the one plot line not linearly moving towards to goal right now. It's off on it's own, but will definitely converge. It's kind of like what happens to Luffy at times when Oda needs to isolate him and have him connect with the people of the island.

I think so far the plot lines have been well paced. We knew most of the actors in wano before hand so there was no need to go slowly. This arc has been set up since PH so it should be quickly moving. Plus Oda always slows down drastically in the middle once everything starts converging.

As for King's wings, when he transformed, did his jacket cover the wings? Dinosaurs have feathers though. But Oda mentioned sometimes small drawing details he's not as good with anymore since his eyesight is worsening and he has to wear glasses to draw now.

It would be great if Zoro and Sanji don't interact until the post - Wano bounties come out and Zoro's is above Sanji's again, so he never finds out that there was a time Sanji had a higher bounty. But that's super unlikely to happen.

I thought something more would come out of the town part, like they were being drugged and that is why everyone is so happy. It does seem like Zoro's part is dragging on, however I am hoping the next chapter in character development is worth the wait. I don't know what to think with Sanji being ok with using the raid suit, why not put a scarf over your face? Also is he really that confident facing Page 1 that he can beat him before backup arrives. Also seems out of character for him.

Sanji using the raid suit is definitely weird and out of character. I figured it wouldn't be used until his family showed up again and there was a resolution there. If he actually has to use the raid suit for page one it will be a shame. I wonder what's causing him to actually embrace it. Seems like a big jump.

Kaido knows big mom is coming and was on the look out cause she called him to tell him she was coming. He's actually worried about her. He didn't know the strawhats were coming nor does he see them as a threat. So it makes perfect sense.

The zoro plot line is dragging? He only showed up with Yasu last chapter, before that we knew he started heading back to the capital. It seems like Ebisu may be the town where Toko is from before moving up to the capital. Zoro might also meet the witching hour boy, who is most likely one of the samurai they need to recruit. I'm sure Zoro will have a big role in this arc. I'm actually really interested in what's going on with him, because it's the one plot line not linearly moving towards to goal right now. It's off on it's own, but will definitely converge. It's kind of like what happens to Luffy at times when Oda needs to isolate him and have him connect with the people of the island.

I think so far the plot lines have been well paced. We knew most of the actors in wano before hand so there was no need to go slowly. This arc has been set up since PH so it should be quickly moving. Plus Oda always slows down drastically in the middle once everything starts converging.

As for King's wings, when he transformed, did his jacket cover the wings? Dinosaurs have feathers though. But Oda mentioned sometimes small drawing details he's not as good with anymore since his eyesight is worsening and he has to wear glasses to draw now.

It would be great if Zoro and Sanji don't interact until the post - Wano bounties come out and Zoro's is above Sanji's again, so he never finds out that there was a time Sanji had a higher bounty. But that's super unlikely to happen.

Yeah I didn’t like the raid suit thing at all. Like he’s acting like he knows what it does and he’s used it before. How is it going to hide his identity? Lol Just doesn’t make sense.

Fair enough on the kaido big mom thing...just don’t see why he wouldn’t have someone at the lookout at all times...I still think the straw hats cruises into wano too easily.

The zoro plot is dragging because he’s norm dedicating enough time to it. Like this was the most fleshed out chapter on his side story so far and still nothing happened...the fact that those people in the town are smiling better come as huge importance later because if not it’s literally rehashing the same ****. We know that the people are starving. We get it. I was thinking the witching hour boy was a samurai as well...I’m kinda hoping zoro leads the samurai to save luffy and maybe some more of the crew gets captured. That would be dope. I still have faith Oda will handle zoro right lol. But Man am I getting nervous

Feel like Sanji is only gonna use the suit to hide who he is. Maybe there is a mask that goes with it and he doesn't actually use the suits capabilities.
Expecting big things from Zoro. He may actually be my favorite character and he still hasn't been challenged properly in the new world. Thinking he also might leave Shusui behind in Wano and picks up the other Kitetsu.

Yeah I didn’t like the raid suit thing at all. Like he’s acting like he knows what it does and he’s used it before. How is it going to hide his identity? Lol Just doesn’t make sense.

Fair enough on the kaido big mom thing...just don’t see why he wouldn’t have someone at the lookout at all times...I still think the straw hats cruises into wano too easily.

The zoro plot is dragging because he’s norm dedicating enough time to it. Like this was the most fleshed out chapter on his side story so far and still nothing happened...the fact that those people in the town are smiling better come as huge importance later because if not it’s literally rehashing the same ****. We know that the people are starving. We get it. I was thinking the witching hour boy was a samurai as well...I’m kinda hoping zoro leads the samurai to save luffy and maybe some more of the crew gets captured. That would be dope. I still have faith Oda will handle zoro right lol. But Man am I getting nervous

Oda loves Zoro, he's definitely gonna do right by him. Even has the quote telling people "Don't speak ill of Zoro". Plus Zoro has been wanting to come to Wano since Ryuma. I'm not sure what's important about Ebisu town other than potentially Toko being from there and it being the leftover town closest to the capital. But so far Oda's been pretty good about only showing plot relevant places and people. He's been keeping the arc tight for the most part, so I'm not going to complain unless he starts letting it go off the rails like he did a bit in Dressrosa where he got overly ambitious, but he seems to have wano completely planned out and just needs to draw it. Gonna trust Oda to handle Zoro well this arc. Definitely expect him to treat Zoro better than he did Sanji on WCI.

I am surprised Big Mom appeared this early though. I figured she'd show up at the end of the arc as the straw hats were leaving and would chase them to Elbaf. I think Kaido has gotten lax about Wano being so isolated and hard to get to that he doesn't feel the need for a bunch of lookouts. With the strawhats outside of group 2, Kinemon would have known how to get into the country easily enough.

Raid suit is trash if sanji starts using it frequently without fully resolving the family issues. Just seems like a weird time and thing to do. Like how does using Vinsmoke tech hid his identity? Law, Sanji, Franky and Usopp together should be able to quickly take out Page One easily and keep moving since he's currently separated from Hawkins and Drake.

waitwhy are yall mad about the raid suit it makes perfect sense. hides his identity gives him a swift power boost makes complete sense

Patiently waiting for this jump force game

waitwhy are yall mad about the raid suit it makes perfect sense. hides his identity gives him a swift power boost makes complete sense

Patiently waiting for this jump force game

Because of the outstanding issues he has with his family and being a Vinsmoke that need to be resolved firsts. In chapter 903 he says "If I'm gonna get stronger I won't be relying on this thing (raid suit) and the power of science. Then says that Franky is the only one in the crew who should rely on gimmicks like that when Luffy and Chopper say the raid suit might let him shoot lasers. Then he tosses it away to Luffy and Chopper, but before that he was going to throw it into the ocean until they stopped him. Also he literally cries when he sees Vinsmoke on his wanted poster b/c he doesn't want that association with them. So him using it now is a really sudden unexplained about face on his feelings.

Back
Top Bottom