The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

synopsis?
"This is a prophecy for you, where five people will meet huge adversaries, and only you can protect everyone." Daisuke Toujima is a second-year high school student who was abducted when he was young. He was involved in a special phenomenon—Shibuya Drift—with his childhood friends Gai, Ru, Marimari, and Keisaku. They were transferred to the center of Shibuya over 300 years into the future. What's waiting for them is endless wilderness and forest, Interspersed ruin, future citizens, and "Revisions" which are huge mechanical monsters. Trampled by the monsters without understanding the situation, a girl who has the same name as the person who saved Daisuke when he was abducted, Miro, provided a mobile suit "String Puppet" and told them to save Shibuya. With separated paths, adversaries, destined prophecies, the boys, and girls are on their journey to return to their original time.
My interest is somewhat piqued. :lol:

Oh yeah we already know she's dead, so it'll be interesting to find out more. Who knows if we actually will. They mentioned it last arc and the author had mentioned it before, but can't trust him to at this point to deliver on an in-depth flashback. Hoping for the best though.

I think Soma has a good mix of both of their styles, but she's probably the one who took all the pressure off Soma in regards to failure where Jou kind of crumbled under it before. We know Jou back in school would also experiment and make crazy dishes that failed while searching for ones that pushed his cooking forward and to blow off steam. That's probably what attracted him and Tamako to each other.

Yep, I think his mother's personality allowed him to develop that truly carefree spirit. Jouichiro had a lot of that as well but I think his mother's lack of cooking skill really legitimized that feeling and behavior for Souma. I think that true lightheartedness was something Jouichiro strove to achieve but his evolution into Asura sorta represented his failure in doing so. Meeting Souma's mom and interacting with her probably showed him a path where he could truly achieve that level of peace, or at least understand where he went wrong.

Souma's mom's mentality alongside his countless losses to Jouichiro really allowed him to bring the most use out of failures - any time he fails he actually suffers none of the mentally debilitating effects of it, he just keeps it moving and tries again with no qualms. Honestly that's a super powerful message and something to aspire to. Great chapter.

Fairy Gone is gonna continue in the fall.

Are you a fan? The MAL score and early reactions (even half the responses I see to that tweet are calling it dog**** :lol:) made me never bother to give it a look.

I don't know why, but I've been running through Genshiken these last few days. Reminds me a lot of the series I would catch bits and pieces of through Comcast OnDemand back in the early 2000s that expanded my concept of what anime is.

Are you a fan? The MAL score and early reactions (even half the responses I see to that tweet are calling it dog**** :lol:) made me never bother to give it a look.

I don't know why, but I've been running through Genshiken these last few days. Reminds me a lot of the series I would catch bits and pieces of through Comcast OnDemand back in the early 2000s that expanded my concept of what anime is.
I'mma be honest with you. I'm 7 episodes in and I still dont know if the show is good or not. :lol:
It feels too convoluted and boring at times. I don't know, maybe there might be a payoff in a few episodes. We'll see.

As for Genshiken, I enjoyed that anime.

One Piece is out
Sanji and Zoro are finally reunited. Hell yeah. :pimp:
The story behind Smiles and Ebisu town is as twisted as it is sad. I feel bad for those people.
I cant wait to see what those two do in the next chapter. :lol:

Also, here's a little info i read online:
Zoro and Sanji haven't been together since Chapter 722, that was officially released on September 30th 2013. It has been something like 5 years, 7 months, 21 days.

Meaning we spent 221 chapters without them together, which is 23.4% of the entire series.

That's crazy to think about. :wow:

Last edited:
One Piece is out
The story behind Smiles and Ebisu town is as twisted as it is sad. I feel bad for those people.

Zoro and Sanji haven't been together since Chapter 722, that was officially released on September 30th 2013. It has been something like 5 years, 7 months, 21 days.

Meaning we spent 221 chapters without them together, which is 23.4% of the entire series.

That last pic.
MAN.PNG

One Piece is out

I didn't even realize that. was sanji not at Dressrosa?

this chap almost brought a tear to the eye

Back off my one piece hiatus...this chapter was FIREEEEEEEEEE

I’m still hating every second of the luffy jail plot. Probably the worst plot in a minute.BUT Oda is doing really well outside of that

This week's My Hero Academia chapter was pretty good too. :pimp:
Damn, Twice's paranoia must have been real rough on him. Not knowing if he was the real person or just a clone and too afraid to find out because in doing so he could have potentially disappeared. That's a terrifying thought. But now that he has verified that he's the real one, I can't wait to see what the full extent of his power is. This villain arc has been great so far. :pimp:

I also like how that chapter title is a nod to The Joker's "One bad day" speech from The Killing Joke. Hat

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER SEASON OF THE PROMISED NEVERLAND? WAS DEF ANIME OF THE YEAR FOR ME. SO GOOD.

REALLY LIKING DEMON SLAYER RIGHT NOW AS WELL. THE ART AND ANIMATION IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

OP
Can't believe it's been that long since they've been together in the manga. I know I should temper expectations but I need to see them clean house at the scene. Drake X and puppet guy gotta get absolutely washed. Sanji has his new raid suit and Zoro hasn't pulled out the mangekyou yet.

OP
Can't believe it's been that long since they've been together in the manga. I know I should temper expectations but I need to see them clean house at the scene. Drake X and puppet guy gotta get absolutely washed. Sanji has his new raid suit and Zoro hasn't pulled out the mangekyou yet.

I hope Sanji and Zoro can't just run over Drake and Hawkins. That'd be very disappointing.
I didn't even realize that. was sanji not at Dressrosa?

this chap almost brought a tear to the eye

Sanji was only in Dressrosa for around 30 of the 100 chapters. I was hoping Oda would keep Sanji and Zoro separated until Zoro's bounty was back over Sanji's.

Back off my one piece hiatus...this chapter was FIREEEEEEEEEE

I’m still hating every second of the luffy jail plot. Probably the worst plot in a minute.BUT Oda is doing really well outside of that

I like the Luffy in prison plot. One of the better ways to keep Luffy occupied Oda's used instead of him getting trapped somewhere or running in circles.

Back
Top Bottom